Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

1.6.4.3 Thread

=VG= m823us

I couldn't find reshader file that I was suppose to delete anywhere. check my root folder my documents... its not in any...
- so I just re installed the game. still don't work.

- downloaded the dxd9.dll file that was on the error message and copy paste it to system folder.. still didn't work...

- updated windows...... still didn't work... :(

My PC saying No Play Q.Q) 

axciety.gif

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Condrad said:

I couldn't find reshader file that I was suppose to delete anywhere. check my root folder my documents... its not in any...
- so I just re installed the game. still don't work.

Did you completely delete your PR folder before reinstalling? When you uninstall, all the custom stuff remains, so you would have to manually delete them.

Check your main PR folder, if I remember correctly, the reshade files for PR should be there if you installed them at some point (Don't have PR installed so can't check). If you didn't install reshade, then it's something else causing the crash. 

I don't know exactly if reshade overwrites anything when installed, but you could try downloading the reshade files from here and then use it as a reference and delete whatever files come with it from your PR folder and see if that works. Again I can't guarantee that it doesn't mess up your game even more.

3 hours ago, =VG= TEDF said:

Did you completely delete your PR folder before reinstalling? When you uninstall, all the custom stuff remains, so you would have to manually delete them.

I even installed them on a different folder. and I didn't install any custom files  or mods for PR. its pure vanilla. so I'm wondering about a shader.

55 minutes ago, Condrad said:

I even installed them on a different folder. and I didn't install any custom files  or mods for PR. its pure vanilla. so I'm wondering about a shader.

even if you install pr in a different folder, the following folders should always be in the same place.

C:\Users\your name\Documents\ProjectReality 

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Project Reality

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Project Reality

the first path is to your settings. the two after that are probably not that important, but I would still delete them after an deinstallation. if you want to keep your settings and don't want to download the updates again, you can simply cut everything out and paste it in a completely different place. if everything works, you can copy your settings back.

7 hours ago, Condrad said:

- downloaded the dxd9.dll file that was on the error message and copy paste it to system folder.. still didn't work...

maybe it is not enough to copy this one file and you have to reinstall dx9.

https://download.microsoft.com/download/1/7/1/1718CCC4-6315-4D8E-9543-8E28A4E18C4C/dxwebsetup.exe

if it doesn't work you have to activate the compatibility mode for win xp sp2 with the right mouse button and run it as administrator.