Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Crashing to desktop

=VG= Zeee

Not sure what to do about this figured id go here before i reinstall the game 😕

Not sure what happened over night but when i launch the game after about 5-10 minutes whether im in a game or not it closes to desktop no message no sound just closes.

Tried clearing cache

Would love some help here cant really play till this is fixed :)

• Confused 1

For me, the frequency of CTDT is directly proportional to two very different factors.

First, as Vanilla suggested, background programs. Things like auto update programs for things like drivers are the worst. Discord for me cause CTDT and memory errors more often when they are running. 

Second, it depends on how much fun I am having playing! The more fun, the more likely a crash will happen! LOL

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

iirc it's a timing error, it's actually PRLauncher closing PR because of delayed response by PRBF2 process. Usually happens because of background processes taking up too much cpu time or cheat detection getting triggered, since you got it running it's obviously the prior. A simple reboot usually fixes it.

Cheers.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, X0R said:

it's a timing error

This make sense for me .

Here is the one time error i got yesterday after trying to join server.

Error: Debug assertion failed!

Version: 1.5.3153-802.0 Build date:
Module: RendDX9
File: C:\dice\Projects\BF2Branches\Patch_1_50\Code\BF2\RendDX9\TextureManager.cpp
Line: 453

Text: Failed to create dx texture even after going managed: Ran out of memory

i just restarted pc, everything seems ok now .

15 hours ago, =VG= Vanillapop said:

Close any background programs

The most i play with is my browser minimized yes this could be the problem but i did this prior all the time but maybe i need to close everything now because of my toaster. :)

9 hours ago, Sciddles said:

Things like auto update programs for things like drivers are the worst

Could be i did get a "Your device needs to restart for updates" from windows but im not sure.

9 hours ago, X0R said:

iirc it's a timing error, it's actually PRLauncher closing PR because of delayed response by PRBF2 process.

Sounds about right it felt like a time thing was very weird

7 hours ago, =VG= STARK said:

Error: Debug assertion failed!

Version: 1.5.3153-802.0 Build date:
Module: RendDX9
File: C:\dice\Projects\BF2Branches\Patch_1_50\Code\BF2\RendDX9\TextureManager.cpp

Text: Failed to create dx texture even after going managed: Ran out of memory

I get an error like this all the time but only when joining kashan (std/lrg not sure) pr being pr? lol

2 hours ago, =VG= BLuDKLoT said:

one thing someone told me is make sure your game resolution is same as desktop it fixed my problem

My screen resolution is 1280x1024 but i play pr at 1280x960 windowed mode because for some reason i cant run games in full screen without v-sync otherwise i get bad screen tearing (Never found a fix for this started a long time ago so idc anymore :) )

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and help although my problem is fixed and im still not sure what caused it the help is great and i appreciate it 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, =VG= STARK said:

...RendDX9

Text: Failed to create dx texture even after going managed: Ran out of memory...

i've had some variants of this error in the past as well, kinda funny since the directory wasn't even there in the first place, i think it's part of the legacy / original BF2 code trying to read it's original directory, PR and it's mysterious ways...