Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Dovre and Dovre Winter

EuroStep

Few moments ago I was unable to put Dovre into the map vote, even though I have tried it before and it worked completely fine (using words dovre or dovr).

Dovre Winter won the map vote, but was not supposed to be there.

I was trying to fix it but the server kept on forcing Dovre Winter as the next map, which eventually led to a server crash on loading.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, after server crash I found the report in Discord and was not able to replicate your issue so I assume it was as TEDF stated.  Just due to location of the map on maplist.list at the time.  If you have issues with maps and either spelling (like me) or just not working hit the ` key (next to number 1 on top row, also known as tilda or grave or console) and type maplist.list to get your map number.  

1 hour ago, =VG= BLuDKLoT said:

One thing that hasn't changed with PR for 10 years is the second you mess with the map rotation the server crashes.  

This one is rather specific, never heard it before.  Map rotation is totally mixed all the time, and the vote and setnext bugs have been worked out.  Our uptime is so good that we have to manually restart sometimes cuz it doesn't like being run for 72 hours without a crash or restart.  This one is so unique that it's gonna have to get reported to the R-DEV's after we can get a good reproduction method to demonstrate it.

If it ever does have those old issues of crashing from a map change, just post up and we will get it sorted somehow.  SO many maps and layers fixed since 1.6 dropped last spring, it's way more stable now.

On 2/5/2021 at 7:00 PM, EuroStep said:

Few moments ago I was unable to put Dovre into the map vote, even though I have tried it before and it worked completely fine (using words dovre or dovr).

I've had that too. I'm not sure whether this has something to do with the update, but before the update you could play dovre summer with "!setnext dov co std" and dovre winter with "!setnext wint co std". now dovre winter is loading with both.

15 hours ago, =VG= BLuDKLoT said:

The last few times I played recently every time they did map change server crashed like past few months was same experience for me lol. 

in the last week i played almost 10 hours with various mapchanges and there wasn't a single crash.

!setnext dovre coop std  for the standard version

!setnext dovre_winter coop std for the winter version.

You could probably type winter instead of the whole name and it should work because its unique, there's no other maps with the word winter.