Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Arma 3 Event Poll - Please vote, Including those who wish to get Arma in the future

=VG= Sausag3

Arma Event Poll  

17 members have voted

1. 1. On which day do YOU think is the BEST day for an Arma Event? - I do not mean what day is preferable to you this week or next, I'm asking what is a good typical day to play an Arma event if there is one, even if its 1 month, 6 months or a year later down the line.

• Monday
    • Tuesday
    • Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Friday
    • Saturday
    • Sunday
  2. 2. What time of the day are you available for an Arma Event (Relative to your answer above) - This is multiple choice, And time is in ZULU, So please compare to your local time.

• 00:00 - 02:00 ZULU
    • 02:00 - 04:00 ZULU
    • 04:00 - 06:00 ZULU
    • 06:00 - 08:00 ZULU
    • 08:00 - 10:00 ZULU
    • 10:00 - 12:00 ZULU
    • 12:00 - 14:00 ZULU
    • 14:00 - 16:00 ZULU
    • 16:00 - 18:00 ZULU
    • 18:00 - 20:00 ZULU
    • 20:00 - 22:00 ZULU
    • 22:00 - 00:00 ZULU

661059267_Arma3Poll.jpg.e7ed5aa0dd9dc5728f0b4d884812f2b2.jpg

Please vote on the poll so all the Misson DEVs can be informed on a standardized event time that suits the majority of people on here. Of course we had successes with event numbers in the past. but there is always room for improvement, by starting with fully understanding what everyone's typical availability is through the year

• VG Spirit 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, =VG= .Blizzard. said:

Standardized? But what if, I, as the mission maker/ event organizer want to really have it  friday? I am confused about this? Will this poll influence my future decisions? 

Well with this poll it will eventually inform you what the current availability of most people who play the game is, So the results might influence your decision compared to if you wasn't informed about it.

But If you are trying to ask if this "Standardization" is going to be forced upon all the event makers, then NO!. If you, as an event organizer would like to set the date to a Friday instead of what the poll results are then you are free to do so. You are your own boss as a mission maker and event organizer. And that's how it should be within VG, 

The whole purpose of this is to make you all aware of what everyone's typical availability is within event participation, I can guarantee that if you set an event on a Friday that people who voted for Saturday will most likely make some time to participate on a Friday too. But of course everyone has their own preferences at what times are best for themselves.

• VG Seal of Approval 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, =VG= .Blizzard. said:

Standardized? But what if, I, as the mission maker/ event organizer want to really have it  friday? I am confused about this? Will this poll influence my future decisions? 

We need to gauge time periods where people are available for events.  Don't get thrown off by the 'singular' use of the word 'time', think also, 'times', and this poll can help us get a good idea of when people are available for events.  I see already we have different votes for different days, and this clearly means that hosting an event on any of these days would include such players.

There is never going to be a restriction on when you can host events!!!  Especially for your development projects, and also on that note, I think it would be very cool if you guys could start hosting (good/successful) events twice -- once during your 'peak' preferred time, and then at an alternate time that may cater to those who are in a different time zone or otherwise unable to make those 'peak' preferred times.

This would play into the new Campaign Ribbons that will be awarded to participants in any official VG Event, and I'll even provide the tools for club owners hosting standard events or event closed private club events for creating a custom Campaign Ribbon for that event, to be handed out to participants (by which I mean, added to their Ribbons field on profile).  These are arranged in a grid and will have a mouse-over showing game, event title, and date of participation.  SO that means that if a good event is hosted twice (for double coverage to include others) there can be a single image with the same game/event title, but different date - and both (like all Ribbons) would link to the Calendar Event post belonging to the event.  This makes a fun way to 'look back' and trust me, this stuff gets very nostalgic when you've been doing it for years - we had a similar system in one of our first website systems, and I'm so happy to bring it back!!

So, in conclusion, don't any of you Arma DEV's here get discouraged if a common time for events is decided, because you can still host any event ANY time you want - these tools are merely here for you to help get a gauge of your community members participation times, and to help you decide when a good day/time to host your event is.

@=VG= Sausag3 I'd love it if you'd have a look at the "Active Times" post in the VG Air Force - I will have you join to see it, and then leave again (i have been doing this with your guys groups as I learn how to work with Clubs and make them cool).  The poll allows users to change vote any time, allows multiple choices, and lists days of week, and hours (in 2 hour increments, like 00:00 to 02:00 ZULU, etc.)  -- I think this would be a good format for EVERY club to use (if appropriate) because those club users can always update it to keep Club Leadership apprised of their Club Members playing times.

:coffee: 

EDIT:  

image.pngexample for everyone -- basically, the Clubs have a customized sidebar that includes a 'local time' below the Zulu Clock, and is also easily viewable when interacting with a Club Poll like this - I think it looks sharp:

• Thanks 2

• =VG= Sausag3 unfeatured and unpinned this topic