Hello Fellow Gamers

Hello All,   Long time gamer (1990-____), when I had time between the USMC and Law Enforcement duties from 1983-2018.  Retired now and wanting to do much more of it.  Fell in love with Falcon 4.0 when it was released in what, 1998. Played pretty avidly until moved to "no internet zone" in 2006.   Getting back into Falcon 4.0 having issues with it and Windows 10 and getting my Cougar to work appropriately again (any help appreciated).

Former CO of the 416th also a member of the 248th under CO Tomcat.... and so on, loved it hoping to find interest again with other avid Flyers into missions and dogfighting internet ladders.

Love to Learn and listen to those more talented than I, hope to make more friends.... Semper FI  .... JD

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello All,   Long time gamer (1990-____), when I had time between the USMC and Law Enforcement duties from 1983-2018.  Retired now and wanting to do much more of it.  Fell in love with Falcon 4.0 when

I googled your problem and it seems like a device driver issue, you may have found a solution yourself by now but here's a guy who seems to know what he's doing: https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/152816-

I had been searching on the net and located a fix, which required DL'ing the 2007_HCO_VISTA_64_RC1 exe program, and once loaded going into the control panel/device manager and into the Thrustmaster Ho

Posted Images

Sup JD welcome aboard. I'm just getting into BMS again after a bit of a break but don't know anything about cougar stuff sorry. There are probably answers at the benchmarksims site. I'm about to bounce on holiday but I'll be flying when I get back next week. S/F Blud.  

• Like 2

Welcome JudgeDredd,

I'm about to install the latest update of Falcon 4.0 BMS 4.35, @=VG= SemlerPDXis currently updating the server so that should not be long.

I have a TM Warthog HOTAS rig which has virtually the same stick but different throttle. Have you tried using the standard profile for the Cougar, it should be in the docs folder of your installation.

D:\Falcon BMS 4.34\Docs\01 Input Devices\03 HOTAS Setup\TM Cougar (Dunc_DX), the key file is in that directory and here's the layout for your HOTAS.

HOTAS Print Layout.pdf

We have a small group of pilots here but I wish we had a few more, check us out in Discord or Team Speak.

Cheers,

Kav

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, =VG= BLuDKLoT said:

Sup JD welcome aboard. I'm just getting into BMS again after a bit of a break but don't know anything about cougar stuff sorry. There are probably answers at the benchmarksims site. I'm about to bounce on holiday but I'll be flying when I get back next week. S/F Blud.  

Thanks for the leed on Benchmarksims site Sir.   Getting back in the seat is defiantly interesting. :-) 

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, =VG= Kavelenko said:

Welcome JudgeDredd,

I'm about to install the latest update of Falcon 4.0 BMS 4.35, @=VG= SemlerPDXis currently updating the server so that should not be long.

I have a TM Warthog HOTAS rig which has virtually the same stick but different throttle. Have you tried using the standard profile for the Cougar, it should be in the docs folder of your installation.

D:\Falcon BMS 4.34\Docs\01 Input Devices\03 HOTAS Setup\TM Cougar (Dunc_DX), the key file is in that directory and here's the layout for your HOTAS.

HOTAS Print Layout.pdf

We have a small group of pilots here but I wish we had a few more, check us out in Discord or Team Speak.

Cheers,

Kav

Thank You for the information Sir, and for the document (Layout).  

8 hours ago, =VG= Kavelenko said:

Welcome JudgeDredd,

HOTAS Print Layout.pdf

Cheers,

Kav

"I have a TM Warthog HOTAS rig which has virtually the same stick but different throttle. Have you tried using the standard profile for the Cougar, it should be in the docs folder of your installation.",   

Sir, I have not gotten that far, trying to get Window 10 to identify the TM Cougar at the moment,  it keeps saying it is not attached or identified, to even get a chance to get a Stick schematic uploaded into it. 

I googled your problem and it seems like a device driver issue, you may have found a solution yourself by now but here's a guy who seems to know what he's doing:

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/152816-hotas-cougar-software-on-a-modern-windows

Good luck sounds like a nightmare lol.

• Upvote 3
On 12/22/2020 at 9:15 AM, =VG= Kavelenko said:

I googled your problem and it seems like a device driver issue, you may have found a solution yourself by now but here's a guy who seems to know what he's doing:

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/152816-hotas-cougar-software-on-a-modern-windows

Good luck sounds like a nightmare lol.

I had been searching on the net and located a fix, which required DL'ing the 2007_HCO_VISTA_64_RC1 exe program, and once loaded going into the control panel/device manager and into the Thrustmaster Hotas Cougar properties and manually setting the Driver In/Driver Out settings and, waaaalaaaa.... problem solved so now the Hotas is fully operational, mind you,  I found this fix going through the information, links, url's you all provided me, and I thank you, now I am busily gluing my hair back in, lol.....  :-) 

• Upvote 3
  • 4 weeks later...

Update-Was just starting to get BMS 4.35 installed when my Video Card RTX 1080TI decided to go "boobs up", so it is torn down awaiting a new card.  Now installing Falcon 4.0 on my Gaming Laptop and installing the plethora of software on her, 4.0 installed, now trying to get Hotas Cougar installed and operational.  I followed Lange_666 instructions via the Line In-Line Out instruction process in the Device Manager.    

The drivers were installed and now, I get an error "Device Detection Error "E8 Ensure that the device is connected and worked properly",  this from the HOTAS Cougar Control Panel, version 3.01.

Any ideas guys ?

2 hours ago, JudgeDredd said:

Update-Was just starting to get BMS 4.35 installed when my Video Card RTX 1080TI decided to go "boobs up", so it is torn down awaiting a new card.  Now installing Falcon 4.0 on my Gaming Laptop and installing the plethora of software on her, 4.0 installed, now trying to get Hotas Cougar installed and operational.  I followed Lange_666 instructions via the Line In-Line Out instruction process in the Device Manager.    

The drivers were installed and now, I get an error "Device Detection Error "E8 Ensure that the device is connected and worked properly",  this from the HOTAS Cougar Control Panel, version 3.01.

Any ideas guys ?

Wish I could help - never had a TM Cougar HOTAS.  Might ask on the BMS forums, too, if you haven't already.  Best wishes and good luck to ya!

3 hours ago, JudgeDredd said:

Any ideas guys ?

Have you tried rolling it back? System Restore etc?

If you are having serious issues with mapping buttons and axis to your HOTAS, the Alternative Launcher is a good option.

https://www.benchmarksims.org/forum/showthread.php?31774-Falcon-BMS-Alternative-Launcher-(Easy-Setup-Keep-Joystick-Assignments)

I use it quite a bit to modify my keyfile, its just quicker and easier than editing the file directly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2021 at 8:06 PM, =VG= Kavelenko said:

If you are having serious issues with mapping buttons and axis to your HOTAS, the Alternative Launcher is a good option.

https://www.benchmarksims.org/forum/showthread.php?31774-Falcon-BMS-Alternative-Launcher-(Easy-Setup-Keep-Joystick-Assignments)

I use it quite a bit to modify my keyfile, its just quicker and easier than editing the file directly.

Sir, not really the mapping buttons, I am having issues with getting the drivers to work within BMS 4.34,  still working at it however.  Just got sound to work after updating those drivers. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2020 at 10:47 PM, =VG= Kavelenko said:

Welcome JudgeDredd,

HOTAS Print Layout.pdf

Cheers,

Kav

I read your message again, and am nearing the finish line on the install.  I DL 'ed the 4.35 BMS from the site and have it somewhat operational now, stick steers the plane, still testing other buttons/hats using the "BMS Full key"  file in the sim, as I cant seem to find the Cougar_DX 4.35 key as described by the video Mokum pointed me in the direction too (series of 3 on YouTube).  I assumed it would be in the packed of BMS 4.35, am I wrong ? Do you know if anyone knows where to find this file ?

Thank You, JD

43 minutes ago, JudgeDredd said:

I cant seem to find the Cougar_DX 4.35 key as described by the video Mokum pointed me in the direction too (series of 3 on YouTube).  I assumed it would be in the packed of BMS 4.35, am I wrong ? Do you know if anyone knows where to find this file ?

If it doesn't mention it in the videos, maybe they are referring to the ones in the Docs folder:

Falcon BMS 4.35\Docs\01 Input Devices\03 HOTAS Setup\TM Cougar (Dunc_DX)

9 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

If it doesn't mention it in the videos, maybe they are referring to the ones in the Docs folder:

Falcon BMS 4.35\Docs\01 Input Devices\03 HOTAS Setup\TM Cougar (Dunc_DX)

Copy that Sir,  Mokum sent me the file for some reason it was NOT in the "Cougar(Dunc_DX) file from the download I had, not sure why Sir,  thank you for the reply.   

JD