Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR Changes for to make game more harder without making it shit

=VG= Melon Muncher

PR sux?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. PR Sux?

• Yes
    • Very Yes
    • I haven't played before

PT.1 29/11

Changes to weapon ranges for AI

Grenage launcher min range 120 -> 50

LAT  Max range 180 -> 280 

Aimpoint Rifle max range 250 -> 300

Ironsights Max Range 200 -> 280 + increase deviation

Scoped Rifle max 350 -> 400 + Decreased deviation

SMG max range 100 -> 1808 + increase deviation

RPG max range 240 -> 280 + increase deviation

LMG irons max range 350 -> 450 +deviation increase

LMG scoped 450 -> 550

ZPU 4 Deviation increased

Bots no longer exit static weapons if there is no enemy present

Igla static max range 600 -> 700 

Static AT Max range 800 -> 1400

Shilka  Max range 2000 - > 1500 +deviation increased

AA Range 1100 -> 1500 to match with shilka range

APC ATGM max range increased to 800 (bots suck with mobile ATGM at long range because they will lose LOS)

APC AP max range 800 -> 1500

APC HE Max range 400 -> 1000

KPVT Max range 450 -> 800

Harrier will now get shot at same as helicopter

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

Pt .2 (the anti CAS heli versionn)

Bots will no longer ride as passengers in APC (could result in more bots walking from the enemy mains though, have to see if it's worth it)

Bots will use grenade launchers again and against helicopters

LAT no longer shoots at inf, targets Helicopters

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

I appreciate the cas 'nerf', but infantry need a taste of the pain too ;)

Maybe also set neutral flags to team 1 as it once was on certain maps, on all maps on dedicated servers, no reason for a neutral flag start in online coop.

Problem with having bots WALK instead of RIDE is that they're alive for much longer, but always enroute to/from an active CP which makes actual CP's easier to cap, while when in vehicles they die quicker but in most cases, either overrun killers when they all dismount on vehicle destruction or more likely REspawn at relevant CP, so what ever benefit that might be gained in having bots WALK to/from CP's is all but lost due to the fact that no one but noobs do the same on maps with vehicles...  So perhaps, better to just reduce exit damage threshold, instead of locking them out of vehicles(as passengers ofc).

12 hours ago, =VG= Melon Muncher said:

bots will no longer ride as passengers in APC (could result in more bots walking from the enemy mains though, have to see if it's worth it)

Time isn't the only signifier of outcome, logic functions all the same, so no, not worth it. COOP AI in any video game are generally more effective when their TTL(time to live) is shorter as it allows them more pathfinding options, i.e  high TTL relies more on navMesh,LOS & trigger areas  to navigate to targets where as low TTL let's them use a spawn networks to find targets with navMesh & LOS mostly used to hone in on targets. Which broadly translates to low TTL resulting in lower response times to player action, which is obviously the more desirable outcome.

I'm sorry what, let them shoot both, let's leave personal bias out of these changes :b0209: every one needs an RPG in the face, it USED TO complement frags quiet well, ehh ;) jeeeZzzz

Not hating, just saying, most changes are gr8 but some that I won't even touch are just so logically incoherent it's confounding :Alvarin_07::Alvarin_33:

Cheers

• Upvote 1

I definitely disagree with this, even though I mainly fly, playing as Inf and seeing an RPG pointing at you should be scary, it adds to the action. I’m sure in real life they wouldn’t flinch if they saw a full squad of enemies to blow up with an RPG.... I sure wouldn’t ;)

Just let em shoot both, maybe prioritise helicopters if possible?

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, =VG= Melon Muncher said:

PT.1 29/11

Changes to weapon ranges for AI

Grenage launcher min range 120 -> 50

LAT  Max range 180 -> 280 

Aimpoint Rifle max range 250 -> 300

Ironsights Max Range 200 -> 280 + increase deviation

Scoped Rifle max 350 -> 400 + Decreased deviation

SMG max range 100 -> 1808 + increase deviation

RPG max range 240 -> 280 + increase deviation

LMG irons max range 350 -> 450 +deviation increase

LMG scoped 450 -> 550

ZPU 4 Deviation increased

Bots no longer exit static weapons if there is no enemy present

Igla static max range 600 -> 700 

Static AT Max range 800 -> 1400

Shilka  Max range 2000 - > 1500 + deviation increased

AA Range 1100 -> 1500 to match with shilka range

APC ATGM max range increased to 800 (bots suck with mobile ATGM at long range because they will lose LOS)

APC AP max range 800 -> 1500

APC HE Max range 400 -> 1000

KPVT Max range 450 -> 800

Harrier will now get shot at same as helicopter

Shilka  Max range 2000 - > 1500 + deviation increased :) 

i suggest give the bots with machine guns more range. and some deviation please ! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, X0R said:

I appreciate the cas 'nerf', but infantry need a taste of the pain too ;)

Maybe also set neutral flags to team 1 as it once was on certain maps, on all maps on dedicated servers, no reason for a neutral flag start in online coop.

Problem with having bots WALK instead of RIDE is that they're alive for much longer, but always enroute to/from an active CP which makes actual CP's easier to cap, while when in vehicles they die quicker but in most cases, either overrun killers when they all dismount on vehicle destruction or more likely REspawn at relevant CP, so what ever benefit that might be gained in having bots WALK to/from CP's is all but lost due to the fact that no one but noobs do the same on maps with vehicles...  So perhaps, better to just reduce exit damage threshold, instead of locking them out of vehicles(as passengers ofc).

Time isn't the only signifier of outcome, logic functions all the same, so no, not worth it. COOP AI in any video game are generally more effective when their TTL(time to live) is shorter as it allows them more pathfinding options, i.e  high TTL relies more on navMesh,LOS & trigger areas  to navigate to targets where as low TTL let's them use a spawn networks to find targets with navMesh & LOS mostly used to hone in on targets. Which broadly translates to low TTL resulting in lower response times to player action, which is obviously the more desirable outcome.

I'm sorry what, let them shoot both, let's leave personal bias out of these changes :b0209: every one needs an RPG in the face, it USED TO complement frags quiet well, ehh ;) jeeeZzzz

Not hating, just saying, most changes are gr8 but some that I won't even touch are just so logically incoherent it's confounding :Alvarin_07::Alvarin_33:

Cheers

In theory yes, having the bots ride in an apc to active flag would be better, but the bots are useless in the back and it is just easy kills for vehicles or HAT. a constant stream of walking bots is better imo. Nothing is permanent but see how it goes.

LAT kits only get one rocket, originally this was why I took them targeting helis out of the main build in the first place. bot shoots his missile at something shit and then has nothing when he faces down a tank. RPGs still shoot at inf and with grenade launches neing increased give them a boost in explosive power vs inf

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Connor said:

I definitely disagree with this, even though I mainly fly, playing as Inf and seeing an RPG pointing at you should be scary, it adds to the action. I’m sure in real life they wouldn’t flinch if they saw a full squad of enemies to blow up with an RPG.... I sure wouldn’t ;)

Just let em shoot both, maybe prioritise helicopters if possible?

On one hand I really like CAS being targeted more, resulting in more challenging situations for INF, which is just what we want.

On the other hand I really enjoy being shot at as INF with an RPG.

Tough call.

• Upvote 1

I would like to say the biggest issue right now is bots being stuck or walking between caps/their main/wherever being avoided by attacking infantry and leading to an easy cap. Too many maps have you rushing the first few flags in a few minutes, leading to predictable fights on the last couple, or even no fights when the bots are in the map elsewhere. I would say that anything that keeps the bots more in the area around the caps and inside the cap zone itself should be explored.

An 'attack-counterattack' sort of system would arise- you first penetrate into the objective, killing the bots inside, then when you cap, all of the bots in the area turn on the cap, leading to you needing to defend it until you kill the ones surrounding and only need to deal with the ones attacking from the direction of the next cap.

I would take great interest in something that makes sure that a good amount of bots spawn on the first flags in the map as well. That always leads to fun 'ambush' situations where people saunter in with vehicles and shit and get lit up by 20 or so bots at once and either scramble to cover and survive or then need to respawn and think for a second when then attack next.

12 hours ago, Johnny__Rico said:

On one hand I really like CAS being targeted more, resulting in more challenging situations for INF, which is just what we want.

On the other hand I really enjoy being shot at as INF with an RPG.

Tough call.

I think the bots still shoot RPGs at choppers, unless that was removed in the last update.

And yeah, it's a ton of fun to get RPGs shot at your positions, hearing everyone screaming and shit. Local voice chat is such a great feature!

3 hours ago, tfloj said:

...  I am trying to start PR but I get an error 10060 connection attempt failure.  Can anyone help?

Welcome back!

Are you running the latest version of Project Reality?  (v1.6.3.4)

If so, and you are still getting this error - check out all these answers of people reporting 'error 10060' on the Project Reality website, surely one of the solutions will help, and if not, create your own new post asking for help with error 10060:
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/search.php?searchid=4113336

Al Basrah - Standard: Flag spawns for last two flags are switched (Apartments and Palace), infantry spawns on Palace instead of Apartments, and when Apartments is neutral they all start spawning on one broken spawn in the center of the flag compound. Not fixed yet
Assault on Grozny - Standard: Transport trucks despawn after a short amount of time. Same as every other map, 20 min. Not broken
Black Gold - Infantry: Chopper does not have rearm and repair point. Not able to be fixed until patch
Black Gold - Standard: Transport trucks despawn after a short amount of time. Fixed
Carentan - Standard: Last cappable flag in DoD, must run next always. Fixed
Carentan - Alternative: No spawn points for Americans. Unplayable. Fixed
Dovre Winter - Standard: Area attack is like a nuke, it's called in, you don't hear or see anything except a mild suppression effect and it kills everything inside every building in the area, no hiding from it. Broken asset, also not my map
Goose Green - Standard: Entering the helicopter disables mumble until you leave it. The pilot can't communicate via mumble at all. Combat Area issue, can't fix til patch
Jabal al Burj - Alternative: Broken spawn on Bridge flag. They stop spawning there after Dam is capped. Designed so bots would retake bridge if no-one pays attention
Jabal al Burj - Large: Although not really broken, the map should have out of bounds areas marked. Not my map. I've got told off for editing a certain someone's maps so I don't touch them
Kafr Halab - Standard: Tickets bleed out quickly after second last flag is capped, even though there is one more flag to be capped. Fixed
Karbala - Standard: Enemies don't spawn on the last flag at all. Not my map. I've got told off for editing a certain someone's maps so I don't touch them
Kashan Desert - Alternative: Broken spawns on North Village, they keep spawning even though the flag is neutral. They stop spawning when North Bunkers flag is capped. Not my map. I've got told off for editing a certain someone's maps so I don't touch them
Kozelsk - Alternative: Enemies don't spawn on last flag. Only in the vehicles. Not fixing at the moment
Masirah - Large: All enemies seem to be attacking uncappable Terminal flag even though West Radar is the cappable one. Just the bots being bots, they don't understand how AAS works
Musa Qala - Standard: Friendlies can't spawn on their squadleaders. I did this on purpose, might do it to all maps, who knows.
Operation Barracuda - Large: Building one FOB doesn't work, building two FOBs does. You can't spawn on the FOB or build emplacements if only one FOB is built in the area, you gotta cheat it by building two. Gonna say this is a really hard bug to reproduce and makes zero sense in any context and should not be map dependent
Operation Marlin - Standard: Last cappable flag in DoD. Enemy chopper is useless. Fixed flag cap, chopper is human chopper that bots steal
Pavlovsk Bay - Standard: Enemies get stuck on spawn in the southern bay of Submarine Pen flag. Fixed
Pavlovsk Bay - Alternative: Broken spawn on Construction Site flag, enemies die immediately upon spawning. Fixed
Route E-106 - Standard: Broken, bots spawn in their main and immediately die. Not my map. I've got told off for editing a certain someone's maps so I don't touch them
Vadso City - All: Not possible to see flags or flag names on map, can't see cap progress either. Not sure if fixed or not, haven't played it recently. Not sure on this one, can't reproduce locally, will look into it though
Wanda Shan - Standard: Bots don't spawn on last flag at all. Bots die upon exiting Stingers on second last flag. Not my map. I've got told off for editing a certain someone's maps so I don't touch them (stinger should be fixed with the above changes though)
Charlie's Point std - bots go to and stay on Point Lookout (the first cap) even after other objectives are secured by US forces.  Just bots being bots
OUTPOST - Not playable by any means, for some reason. Even though the map still there on Coop maplist, waiting to be fixed. Not my map. I've got told off for editing a certain someone's maps so I don't touch them
Bamyan Alt: Unplayable, bluefor tickets bleed INCREDIBLY quickly when the city flag is capped. Hasn't been an issue for ages now

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2020 at 9:01 PM, =VG= Melon Muncher said:

pt.WW2

all WW2 bots have a range somewhere between 100-200 for their weapons now. Was previously really hard thanks to the above changes making bots shoow halfway across the map and through all the hedgerows

gonna make the beach landing on omaha interesting unless that doesnt effect the emplaced MGs.

I'd reduce the range of quads back to what they used to be or increase the diviation. Some of the smaller maps, with helis only, are unplayable for the pilots, especially when cas is bad and doesn't deal with the AA. Kind of starts to get annoying to either get sniped out or shot down with the first burst that comes out from bvr and there's nothing you can do about it but to sit in main for over an hour. 

And what the hell did You do with the ins scorpions? Man, those things are insane. I've seen one guy walk in a room full of friendlies, open up with full auto and whipe out an entire squad :D