Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Project Reality Event Week IV (Final)

TEDF

Project Reality Event

Week IV (Final)

1900 PRT

Download : Click Here
(download mirror 2: click here)

Password : final

The final part of the campaign. This one will have 4 maps, so the event starts an hour earlier than it used to, at 1900 PRT. This event won't have any sign ups, but will feature multiple factions on the BLUEFOR side like on previous event. It would be awesome, if the squad members would stick to the same faction theme in squads.

1. Situation

After weeks of brutal fighting, coalition forces have made steady progress deeper into Iranian mainland and US marines have opened up a second front at the Brandar province. At 2200 hours local time, US spy satellite detected a radiation source at the thought to be abandoned power plant just 400 km away from Iranian capital. Further study revealed a shocking truth - The old powerplant has been repurposed as a nuclear research & missile launch centre and radiation originates from the silos built underground. All evidences suggest that Iran has managed to construct a functional nuclear weapon and is planning on putting it to use as a last desperate measure against the advancing coalition forces. It is unclear where they intend to target, but the most likely target would be the coalition naval taskforce at the Gulf of Oman. Without that fleet, coalition forces would rapidly run out of supplies and be forced to retreat.  Deteriorating weather conditions make a percice airstrike impossible. At 0300 hours local time, rapid response force consiting of French Commandos Marine, German KSK, US Delta Force and Polish GROM is deployed behind enemy lines.

ySLqTOs.png

2. Missions : 

2.1. Mission 10 : Lights out (Original map op_atom by spfreak & sweeper69)

German KSK and US Delta Force are tasked to infiltrate and take out the early warning system installed in a military base near the nuclear station.

oLYEnaK.png

2.2. Mission 11 : 96 minutes (original map Temelin by Rusty_42)

Iranian forces launched the nuclear missile before the commandos could arrive. French Commandos Marine & Polish GROM are tasked to capture the nuclear launch site and take over the control room before the missile can reach the coalition naval task force. The expected impact is within 96 minutes.

wHSJm2T.png

2.3. Mission 12 : Unnamed Heroes (original map Temelin by Rusty_42)

Weather conditions have cleared and an authorisation has come in from the High Command - The facility must be destroyed at all costs. B2 stealth bombers have taken off and are en reute to deliver the payloads. Out of supplies and surrounded by Iranian forces, the commandos make their last stand trying to draw in as many Iranian forces as they can.

CFtZ6vT.png

2.4. Mission 13 : Epilogue -  a month later

A month has passed since the attack on the nuclear station and the heroic sacrifice made by the commandos in order to save the fleet. With the Iranian last desperate plan foiled, coalition forces were able to continue their push and within a month most of the Iranian forces had surrendered. The remaining Iranian forces loyal to Mohhamed Al Bajuri have bunkered themselves in the city of Qazvin. Coalition forces have surrounded the city and French forces with the aid of the British Royal Air Force and the US 33rd Armoured Regiment are moving in to capture Al Bajuri and  end the conflict.

Assets : 

1 x M1A2 Abrams

2 x 50. Cal Stryker

1 x Command Stryker

3 x Troop Transport (French)

1 x Eurofighter

yLEQeOZ.png

3. Rules

3.1. Standard VG server rules

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, =VG= 0100011000101 said:

Unfortunately, I won't make it today... and if I do, I'll get to it later. ;(

The event is next week. Today I'll just set the server up with the 2 maps from last week we didn't manage to do/finish so people who wan't to do them can have another go. :) 

• Upvote 2

TEDF, I am sorry for the lack of motivation you feel. I for one love and respect every effort you make for the rest of us to have fun. Don't let trolls that criticize get you down. They are children with no idea of what is involved in creating events. Love your work, your selfless passion in making gaming fun for all of us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sciddles said:

TEDF, I am sorry for the lack of motivation you feel. I for one love and respect every effort you make for the rest of us to have fun. Don't let trolls that criticize get you down. They are children with no idea of what is involved in creating events. Love your work, your selfless passion in making gaming fun for all of us.

Thanks. It's not about that, you guys have been great and I don't mind citicism, it's what helps us improve after all. I appreciate honesty over blind praise. If something is trash then it's good when people point it out.

It's just one of those stupid random moments that comes and goes every now and then. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, =VG= TEDF said:

Thanks. It's not about that, you guys have been great and I don't mind citicism, it's what helps us improve after all. I appreciate honesty over blind praise. If something is trash then it's good when people point it out.

It's just one of those stupid random moments that comes and goes every now and then. 

Take a break man. You have done a great job so far. Remember: Quality over Quantity! 

Server is up and running the briefing map. If you have admin on the server, do not change maps. Do not capture the flags.

Password : final

Edit : 

I didn't manage to finish the factions properly, so we will most likely have issues joining mid round like last time. If you plan on playing, try to be on the server before we start.

People who couldn't join due to VAC ban last time should be able to now.

I highly recommend disabling the new LOD settings to minimize the chances of getting memory errors mid round.