Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Making it regular

=VG= Ryan.TT

1 hour ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

When i get my Flightstick (already ordered - still waiting) i will have a look into flying helo's in Squad. Helo's already integrated? Not upto date to this.

Which one did you get? The prices for flight sim equipment are massively inflated right now.

2 minutes ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

Can you use a flightstick in ARMA or is the movement much more clunky? 

Yep, but its difficult to pilot a helo cuz of arma physics. Too harsh on the controls and you ll crash it. All in all the arma piloting is ok-ish depending on how much time you spend flying/ learning.

45€ is good. I was worried that you got ripped off by these idiot scalpers or bot merchants.

It possible to fly with a joystick in arma, it just depends on your adjustments and pratice. If its too fast, adjust the axis in the settings. Furthermore, make sure to activate "advanced flight model" in your settings as well (server could override this).

You can fly with flightsticks in squad, but there is no support for HOTAS systems yet. (Multiple joystick input devices, such as throttle axis)

@=VG= Fastjack It's a more advanced flight engine. You can try both and decide what you like more. Personally I like advanced because it provides a more belivable experience.

• Faster, immediate collective response

• Higher top speed based on vehicle

• Greater vehicle agility

• Wheeled helos can taxi

• Running/skid landing

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

Saitek but dont remember exact typ (something with T50 or so). Brother ordered it. Something around 45 euro. That's enough for my needs (Elite Dangerous) or other games.

Can you use a flightstick in ARMA or is the movement much more clunky? 

Oof... would have recommended several flight sticks in that same price range other than the ST90  (if that's what you got, I am assuming).  Mostly cuz that stick does not have analog throttle slider or axis, and that is one of the most important controls for any precision flight in PC gaming, aside from the fact that it has barely any buttons compared to other stick offerings in that price range, such as the ThrustMaster T-Flight Stick X, among others.

I'm sure you will get plenty of fun out of it, but you will need to learn the finer points of a 4 position digital throttle as opposed to an analog axis or slider with full control from 0% through 100% thrust.

15 hours ago, =VG= Ryan.TT said:

Like we did before, can we start playing Squad all together at the weekends? Maybe Saturday or Sunday. The meeting time depends on you. I will be online all day long for you guys so we can keep this going on.

Squad

PR :)

• Upvote 2