Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Black Gold Large

R-CON LangMaster

Not sure if it has been fixed yet but we all know that Black Gold Large has no enemy vehicles working, at least they are not using them and is overall pretty boring.
So i tried my best to learn how to work (somewhat) with bf2 editor with the help of alot people especially Melon and m823us and dinkle i am hoping i did not missed anyone.

I am a huge fan of maps like khami and big ass desert maps etc, but i have been always a little bit tired from the amount of armored assets that it has and it usually ends up in playing literally armored warfare.

So i tried to remake the Black Desert Lrg a bit there, there are mortars, quads and tows all around the map same with any other armored assets, everything seems to be working alright for me when i test it, and i've changed it to us vs mec. 

I am open to any ideas and criticism from you guys, here is the overview that i made for the loading screen, and all the files that you need to run the map yourself.

And as i say i am very thankful to Melon and m823us since i can now pretty much make my self a layer for any map without too much help, i wanted to change the skybox for this map aswell to be something like a cold evening desert but that was a bit too much for a person who just started placing spawn points and hoping that they gonna work.

CheatSheat.png

mapOverview_gpm_coop_128.png

Black_Gold.zip

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Not a bad first layer, if you're going to experiment with more, consider this, 'team 1' is on most servers a bot faction while 'team 2' is reserved for players, so instead you might want to make 'team 2' an infrequently played (MEC/INS/RUS/...) faction to differentiate your layers from normal layers.

10 hours ago, X0R said:

Not a bad first layer, if you're going to experiment with more, consider this, 'team 1' is on most servers a bot faction while 'team 2' is reserved for players, so instead you might want to make 'team 2' an infrequently played (MEC/INS/RUS/...) faction to differentiate your layers from normal layers.

I think i have been informed about this, that is why team 2 is US and team 1 is mec. But thank you.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BlackY_ said:

Nice work^_^

I suggest adding one more tank for US army.

M2A2 with TUSK amor Is kinda a very ultimate mtb in pr, and i think 1 is good enough for now, but who knows how it is gonna be played with 40 people :)

I really was looking for having two squads of infrantry in this map so the assets are kept with a low number.

This is a nice map layer expansion. Maybe you should add 1 M35 Transport Truck or Stryker M2HB/MK19 in Airfield main, for like 5 mins spawn (for M35 Trans Truck) and 7 mins spawn (for Stryker, delayed).

Maybe that helps the others if they have no other transport left at Airfield main.

I can understand how this goes, Trans really is the key point here, because if they are gone, might be hard to advance from Airfield main to first cap (if there's no FOB's around.)

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, =VG= Inch said:

This is a nice map layer expansion. Maybe you should add 1 M35 Transport Truck or Stryker M2HB/MK19 in Airfield main, for like 5 mins spawn (for M35 Trans Truck) and 7 mins spawn (for Stryker, delayed).

Maybe that helps the others if they have no other transport left at Airfield main.

I can understand how this goes, Trans really is the key point here, because if they are gone, might be hard to advance from Airfield main to first cap (if there's no FOB's around.)

Let's say the bradleys were meant to be a bit of a transport as well, and having no fob is a mistake that everyone has hopefully learned already, i realize it is not much of a lrg layer now with such asset restriction.

And about the transport at start of the round, i have never seen a map start without a trans being locked in 5 seconds.

But i wanted to make a layer that would probably make some trouble to the blueberries aswell but would be hopefully fun also. I will look around a bit still, but thanks for the idea.