Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

VG Air Force - Group Discussion

=VG= SemlerPDX

Hello all!

This is a post for all of us participating in the VG Air Force group for Falcon BMS here.  This forum section can be a place we can discuss things not visible to the general public (must be a VGAF member or a =VG= Clan Member to view this section).

I'd like to request that non-VGAF members with permissions to view/post in this section of the forums to refrain from doing so. 
:hi: 

First up, we should discuss the base requirements for new public members to join the VGAF.  We have our first application from a new pilot that does not yet hang out with current members, and I didn't want to just make the decision for all of us. 

The VG Air Force is not meant to be as "exclusive" or "involved" as =VG= Clan Membership, and so we want to be open to new members, but with some sort of basic guidelines to entry to be sure a potential new member is a decent individual (read: not an asshole!!)

What other basic requirements might we spell out for new applicants?

Any other ideas?  Please feel free to have an open discussion about YOUR online BMS group here at VG, and I'll assist in any way to make it happen, or create whatever is needed here at the website, or in our Discord/TS3.

:hi: 

I think we need to encourage pilots to either join Discord or TS so we can engage in some sort of dialogue offline and online.

One of the annoying things I'm experiencing (and I'm sure I'm not alone here) is random players just joining my flight (without any communication) and then not being able to communicate on the correct channels and asking for frequencies during an engagement. If they are considering joining our Air Force wouldn't it be a basic requirement to "know" the default presets and how to set those in their data cartridge?

• Upvote 1

Should I make one more lower rank for the VGAF, maybe something denoting a trainee or brand new pilot such as our recent applicant?

Some new people may want to join up with a small group for their first foray into this sim, and this is definitely a casual public group open to most anyone (that isn't an asshole), and of course if we find out later that they are not a good person or are treating others badly, we can just ask them to leave and remove them from this sub-group at VG.

Might be neat for new recruits to the sim to "work" towards standard VGAF 2nd Lt. rank...

Rank progression can be fun if it's not pinball pop-ups like Battlefield games, as in, every other damn match.  Slow progression over time is something we used to have as part of an older VG website, and something I might create for this website when I have a few months for the project (talking medals and ribbons, not the current USMC-themed forum ranks already in place).. a topic for another time...

(fyi, I am using what we do here to help me gauge how to do this same thing for a "VG Regulars Army" for our shooter games like PR, an entry level group as a precursor to in-game Admin roles, and/or later VG Clan Membership, so everything we do here molds what we will also do on a slightly larger scale for the VG Community soon.  Any input/feedback here for the VGAF is greatly appreciated!!)

Cheers! :coffee: 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

Should I make one more lower rank for the VGAF, maybe something denoting a trainee or brand new pilot such as our recent applicant?

Great idea Sem, I think most new pilots would be happy to call themselves an airman.

https://www.federalpay.org/military/air-force/ranks

• Like 1

• ZULU

GMT - UTC - PRT  

• Your Local Date and Time

(Your Local Date/Time)

• Click here to Join us on DISCORD!

VGinDiscordFont.pngVG Discord

Important Information

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy