Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR COOP Server Reports thread 1.6

BinkleDinkle

1 hour ago, Rokk said:

The map changed to Bamyan Standard, I spawned in and just 1 minute after spawning (most people didn't even load yet), 2 frogfoots come in and bomb most of our vehicles, including our tanks: AvB1Xsz.png

There is a dome of death (it stopped their cannon fire) but it didn't seem to work for the bombs.

EDIT: Server also crashed on this map when in Cave Bunker.

Can confirm this is true.

On 7/4/2020 at 12:36 PM, Rokk said:

The map changed to Bamyan Standard, I spawned in and just 1 minute after spawning (most people didn't even load yet), 2 frogfoots come in and bomb most of our vehicles, including our tanks: AvB1Xsz.png

There is a dome of death (it stopped their cannon fire) but it didn't seem to work for the bombs.

EDIT: Server also crashed on this map when in Cave Bunker.

It actually stops everything, but once the enemy aircraft is inside the shield you are no longer immune to its fire

Yea, FTR - if anyone needs TCAdmin Access to be able to restart the PR Server, please contact me - it's a simple web panel interface that lets us provide access to one, or more, of our game servers with simple start/stop/restart access all the way up to file management permissions and more.  If anyone HAD access and lost login info, it's no trouble for me to get you a new password/login and get you up and running again.

VG TCAdmin panel looks like this, though not everyone has my view showing all game servers (even disabled ones) - it's web browser based, not an application or program, just a secure login like this website:
image.png

• Upvote 1

Welcome to TCAdmin, Rotblut!  Thanks for helping out!

Any questions, feel free to ask - but it should be straightforward.  WHEN IN DOUBT -- Hit "STOP" and wait a minute, then hit "START" - wait at least a minute (can try joining server by IP, will not appear in COOP list even after refresh for some time).  If after a few minutes no one can join by IP, and subsequent attempts fail, post up here, or try to contact someone like myself or Melon in TS3 if we're online.

:coffee: 

• Upvote 1

• =VG= m823us unpinned and unfeatured this topic

So there are indeed only ~20 bots on the enemy team right now. Is that an intentional change? I don't feel like there was anything wrong with the amount of infantry. Quite the opposite in fact, on newer layers/maps (like the new Bamyan Alt) we've had a very large shortage of enemy spawns.

At the same time I echo what @Carkidd said, the few bots that are remaining seem very beefed up in terms of reaction times and accuracy. Does the AI think faster when there's less bots overall?

2 minutes ago, Carkidd said:

Was the bot difficulty turned up in 1.6.3? I'm getting one-shot as I turn corners on a single bot now.

since the past week following the most recent 3 patch updates, the file which contains that setting has not been changed by an update, and it does not appear to be any different than it was before based on the last modified date of the file.  I noted this on another matter today when I added links for the prdemo files tracker files for the "replay" button in PRSPY.

17 minutes ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:
22 minutes ago, Carkidd said:

Was the bot difficulty turned up in 1.6.3? I'm getting one-shot as I turn corners on a single bot now.

since the past week following the most recent 3 patch updates, the file which contains that setting has not been changed by an update, and it does not appear to be any different than it was before based on the last modified date of the file.  I noted this on another matter today when I added links for the prdemo files tracker files for the "replay" button in PRSPY.

I'm not sure, but I think @=VG= m823usraised the bots dificulty about 2 weeks ago. I don't know if it was put back.
but i have had the same experience that bots are very accurate and that in places you hardly have a chance.
in general, i also have the feeling that there are fewer bots on almost all maps or they chill on the last flags and you only have contact with the enemy towards the end.

So generally less fighting but harder maps.

• Upvote 1