Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR COOP Server Reports thread 1.6

BinkleDinkle

2 minutes ago, Rokk said:

I think you might be on to something when it comes to jets crashing either the server or the client.

We were playing Black Gold Standard and a jet flew into the tunnel (not sure if it was friendly or enemy). Right when that happened, the server crashed again. Could just be coincidence but I don't know.

i've flown into the tunnel in a jet and helis many times and nothing happend. the crash could be from the map itself. not the assets as i hope so, but good point.

@floatplane

it is not like that  that all maps are broken.

Some map crashes due to Errors in the vehicle AI templates (excample chinese attack helicopter).

Some other maps crash because some faction got the new smoke vs. ai. It was not only the missing watercollisions that crash the server if you threw them into water. There is also a problem with one AI kittemplate that doesn't like the new smoke grenade on the itemindex 6 (bad Evil rifleman kit).

Another problem is that the meinsurgents faction (medic class) having the bandages on itemindex 9 (this Slot is hardcodded to the parachute for bots) and crashing the Server over time.

The Dev's are already Aware About the issues and added the fixes for the next patch.

• Upvote 2

About why Burning Sands 32 crashs.

@Melon:

The gb_jep_panther gunner is using an objects.ai that isn't completed. It missing all the controllinfos, so the whole ai dont even accept the objects.ai template.

There exist a secondary objects.ai for the Crow weaponsystem that is finished but has a different name.

Exchange 

ObjectTemplate.aiTemplate mg_gunner_crows_5020_ai

to 

ObjectTemplate.aiTemplate turret_gunner_crows_5020_ai

and the Panther is fixed and Burning Sands also.

PR Devteam is informed. 

Edit : Us crow humvee has the same problem.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

We had a server crash on Omaha Beach yesterday sorry forgot to record the time but we were doing ok, with 22+ players, actually capped the beach and the first bunker before it crashed. Hard to tell whether it was due to smoke on the water bug (has that been fixed yet?) or something else. I did manage to win a match on Omaha but on another Coop server so before we add this one to the nerfed map list lets give it a decent try out.

• Upvote 3

CtD after loading Khamisiyah when "Verifying files" promt appeard. Usually it would turn into the Join Server button, but just crashes to desktop. Playerbase dropped from 30 to 9 so more were affected. I did a restart via the panel.

Edit: Just ran Khami ALT after the manual reboot. Same issue again.

Don't run Khamisiyah ALT - it crashes the PR client!

Edit2: Submitted a crash report <3

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Johnny__Rico said:

We finished Omaha Beach today. That map has a 100% chance for me of crashing (n=3, which is a little low). Seems to be that a lot of ppl crash at the same time on this map. And performance is outragesly low on this map for everyone.

Yeah, asked the devs to lower the view distance quite a bit, will see if they do.

Also considered putting this in for memes.

SuZRw7M.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

↑ Wow - that takes me back!  BF1942 was my first real online MP PC game! (and the subsequent Desert Combat Mod)

7 hours ago, =VG= keed said:

Don't run Khamisiyah ALT - it crashes the PR client!

Thank you for the report! Added to Disabled Maps List (correct me if wrong, I assume ALT is the 32 layer)

mapList.append khamisiyah gpm_coop 32

This one was bad because it was a Starter Map, could be the first map on server restart, resulting in chaos.

• Upvote 1