Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR COOP Server Reports thread 1.6

BinkleDinkle

Account levels
With accounts levels we introduce a new way for game servers to restrict who is able to join their server. This is entirely optional and servers can use what fits best for their community: Account levels, whitelists, passwords, a mix of everything or nothing at all.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

I checked the ai files of 1.6. You told me ages ago that  you changed the ai temperature values to get ESAI working but when i look into it you did nothing at all on this. So my Question is why you telling me it's done when nothing got improved at all on this part? 

Nvm. I'm currently in touch with a Dev who pm'ed me and i will resolve the REAL coop problems.

Thank you, brother! :drinks: 

Installing patch now, but not gonna hold my breath... Here's hoping!!

2 hours ago, Golden said:

"anyone that will retrieve a legacy profile used in the recent past based on data available to us, will receive a high PR Account Level from the get go." - Copied from the thread Binkle posted.

Unfortunately this does not seem the to be the case, I had recently created a dedicated Steam account for Squad, which I then used to to link to PR. But after linking my legacy Golden_Days account to my steam  (which is level 1, only 1 game purchase on that steam account.) my PR account level only shows 1. I'm not sure how they plan to implement this whole deal.

The VETERANS-GAMING Project Reality COOP Server is now online in 1.6.0.1 -- and sorry to report, it's already full.  

We do not yet have all our settings in place, but we will be adding these in the next day or few as we get up and running again.  All Admins will need to be added back, as you enter the server, you will appear in our logs, so just message =VG= m823us, and he'll get you added to the list (then - in game just run the !init command to make it active)

Thanks for everyone's patience! We had quite a few curve balls this time, and troubleshooting meant backing off changes, etc, then slowly adding them back into place.  Even then, as careful as we are, little mistakes happen, you forget one thing you changed just for testing, and boom... another 5 minutes wasted... you know the drill.  Glad to report it's all well now, and any issues with maps, please report here or our website, and we'll get them forwarded to the correct group and add the map to our Disabled Maps list.

*On that note, the VG Maplist Randomizer System is not yet up and running, and this is only because we need a day or two to evaluate the maps and what works/what doesn't.  So it's restarts to Muttrah after a crash for just a day or two, then we'll get everything back to normal.  Cheers!

• Upvote 5

That crash could be caused by by atleast 3 mistakes.

Muttrah STD

The objectspawner cpname_mc_64_fort_MEC_SupportTruck, not placed on vehicle navmesh. Spawnbase shows red.
Same goes for one forklift at the docks but that couldn't caused the crash because there spawning no blufor bots who can enter it.

The spawnpoint cpname_muttrah_city_2_coop64_fort_11,  botspawnpoint that stucks in the scorpion missing the flag AIEnterOnSpawn.

Also found some immersion breaking spawnpoints related to northcity and southcity. Human players can spawn on it. Missing the OnlyForAI flag. 

cpname_mc_64_southcity_2   
cpname_muttrah_city_2_coop64_northcity_10

That took me atleast 30 minutes to go through all objectspawner, spawnpoints, checking order positions in the StrategicAreas.

for now you have to enjoy the nearly 50 fixed layers

49 layers left to check.

• Upvote 3

Ok so after the 1.6.2 patch the server is not showing anymore, tried to join through direct ip but it gives me that "your rank is not high enaugh" BS now... well quess ill join after it gets fixed if it gets fixed :D

PS. I joined earlier today when the 1.6.1 patch was live and didnt have this issue then :) oh PR how i love you and your many many many wonderful "Features" :D

3 hours ago, Xenalite said:

I find it astonishing that after months available for testing they still manage to release a product which is totally fucking broken on things that weren't broken before.

You and me both. They really outdid themselves this time, especially with the steam link. Crash and burn on this one boys.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, =VG= BinkleDinkle said:

People complain 1.6 taking too long.

People complain when PR push it.

People complain about others making accounts just to troll on servers.

People complain about PR add features to help prevent such accounts.

Damned if they do.

Damned if they don't.

Just be thankful there is a 1.6

A lot of these mistakes could have been avoided. This 1.6 was slapped together just like pretty much every other big update. It's pretty surprising that they push out updates that they've had ample time to flesh out. No one twisted their arms and told them to rush. I think we all just expected a solid update after all the time that it's taken. That's the general sentiment.

I don't think they're damned if they do or don't. I think people are pretty justified in their disdain for this "big update." That is literally murdering coop and preventing people from playing on other servers because of their steam accounts and no fault of their own. Frankly I think it's unfair. That's like failing a whole class when one person gets an F on their project. I don't agree with the steam account deal personally. I don't think it'll help as much as people are betting. I do think it'll drive some people away. People troll in video games. People cheat in video games. That's the way it is.

But oh well. Here we are. Unable to play. Again. Because of a shotgun update that's pretty broken.

Here's to hoping it all gets fixed in a timely manner.

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, =VG= BinkleDinkle said:

People complain 1.6 taking too long.

People complain when PR push it.

People complain about others making accounts just to troll on servers.

People complain about PR add features to help prevent such accounts.

Damned if they do.

Damned if they don't.

Just be thankful there is a 1.6

which is summarized a little too simply.

so you can suppress any criticism. and you can also be thankful and still disagree with the result.
especially if after this long time the result is so buggy that it leads to the fact that coop is hardly playable and many players may be excluded from deployment in the future.

• Upvote 4

I've updated the server to 1.6.0.2

The ProCdump did create a dump file, but uncertain which map/etc. was running.  Will need to use file creation time to gleen the details, cross reference with the demo/tracker files which will show what map was running at what time ( http://veterans-gaming.com/demofiles// )

These files are mirrored at SA forums on RealityMod website (SA License Holders and Moderators only, FYI, link won't work for most of you) https://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149684

PRBF2_w32ded.exe_200502_045242.zip

PRBF2_w32ded.exe_200502_205200.zip

PRBF2_w32ded.exe_200502_230200.zip

PRBF2_w32ded.exe_200503_035504.zip

PRBF2_w32ded.exe_200503_074814.zip

PRBF2_w32ded.exe_200503_180833.zip

PRBF2_w32ded.exe_200504_010155.zip

PRBF2_w32ded.exe_200504_194845.zip

PRBF2_w32ded.exe_200504_222351.zip

PRBF2_w32ded.exe_200505_000200-001022.zip

PRBF2_w32ded.exe_200505_001553-002340.zip

PRBF2_w32ded.exe_200505_003019.zip

PR v1.6.0.3:

PRBF2_w32ded.exe_200505_085727.zip

PRBF2_w32ded.exe_200505_094306.zip

PRBF2_w32ded.exe_200505_095953.zip

PRBF2_w32ded.exe_200505_100216.zip

PRBF2_w32ded.exe_200505_103705.zip

PRBF2_w32ded.exe_200505_104357.zip

PRBF2_w32ded.exe_200505_105026.zip

PRBF2_w32ded.exe_200505_111838.zip

PRBF2_w32ded.exe_200505_112627.zip

PRBF2_w32ded.exe_200505_113101.zip

PRBF2_w32ded.exe_200505_122841.zip

PRBF2_w32ded.exe_200505_130435.zip

PRBF2_w32ded.exe_200505_132708.zip

PRBF2_w32ded.exe_200505_135854.zip

PRBF2_w32ded.exe_200505_143628.zip

PRBF2_w32ded.exe_200505_163236.zip

Python Errors v1.6.0.0-v1.6.0.3 (before reinstallation Tuesday):

python_errors_v1.6.0.1-v1.6.0.3.zip

PRBF2_w32ded.exe_200506_000209.zip

PRBF2_w32ded.exe_200506_000822.zip

PRBF2_w32ded.exe_200506_012134.zip

Python Errors v1.6.0.3 (after reinstallation Tuesday):

python_errors_v1.6.0.3.zip

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Xenalite said:

I find it astonishing that after months available for testing they still manage to release a product which is totally fucking broken on things that weren't broken before.

There is no need to point the fingers on the whole DEV Team. They don't deserve it for what they did all over the years for the PR community.

Also, products from any AAA Company are bugged as hell when they come out and mostly never got fixed because it get replaced by another product, from same company, with the same name, with another number behind it and we paying money for it.

But i share your feelings Xenalite. It feels like sabotage when i look back on all incidents that happend in the past.

(SIDENOTE) : I'm saying it feels like sabotage, not saying it is one)

At least, we got a blue loading bar :b0209: (new MEME)

• Upvote 4

41 minutes ago, whtz said:

*looks through window as the sun sets*

Coffe? Allright.

I know, right?  It's almost like people other than you don't live in Lithuania....   then again, I could be some sort of dark wizard .... ya just never know in this crazy world.  :tatice_03:  (just teasin - gotta have fun with that)

• Upvote 2