Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Flight sim set up suggestions

Xenalite

Can't go wrong with the Logitech G Pro Flight yoke and rudder pedals combo.  Flown quite a bit with those when I set them up at my Pop's house a few summers ago, and with the throttle combo, feels pretty good.  Rudders are a little more plastic than the original version, but plenty good enough if you respect that they aren't gonna support the entire weight of a human.

Price only goes up from there as far as build quality, and anything lower starts sacrificing the same, some CH Products are decent, but the ones I've handled at Fry's Electronics made me glad my Pop's invested in good gear.  Same with his racing setups, Logitech G920's FTW - a good brand with well made peripherals at a price that reflects the build quality for the most part.

:hi: 

Just don't waste money on a bunch of dials and gauges and radio stacks before investigating the second monitor display extraction methods that most of us use, even with touchscreen support or controls that stick to the monitor itself.  For fun add up the costs of those USB gauges and dials to 1:1 a very basic Cessna cockpit - it gets ridiculous very fast.

If you have a webcam, you can attempt basic head tracking right away.  The highest precision is in IR LED positional tracking with good software, TrackIR is the kingpin, but there are other solutions.

FreeTrackNoIR and OpenTrack are viable options for webcam (and other) methods.  Can't hurt to play around while you await your packages.  Best tips are to control light glare off glasses if any, and to control lighting behind you such as a bulb or window.  If you set your turning acceleration curve manually, you can achieve best performance by having a maximum (looking behind you) when your nose is pointed at the left/right bezel of your display.  Up and down may be best for you with a less aggressive curve, and all of this is gonna require testing to get the best feel for you.  A head movement dead-zone in the middle will seriously help avoid neck strain if that is something you're prone to, as a tendency to hold still can cause some stiffness in the absence of a reasonable central dead-zone.

Using head tracking in flight games (even with triple monitor setups) is like night and day, and you should move into it as soon as you can.  :drinks: