Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

cant connect to pr mumble

soldfive

@soldfive You could try this:

1. Join the VG server
  2. Alt + Tab out to the desktop and look in the system tray for the Mumble:Root icon and open it
    image.png.2d7c8cd9420d573003b0fe2fc8f13f80.png
  3. Click on Configure > Settings
    image.png.54c2dee7d86b686edb363f1127ca8d97.png
  4. Set your Microphone and Speakers to what ever you are using, sometimes the default setting does not always detect them
    image.png.a316b136db18008695d3ae69e96998c3.png
    image.png.cc36a248b6998147957fe4363d37a858.png
  5. Click apply and Ok
  6. It should work now.

Yer welcome.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Final note for future viewers -- FYSA it may very well be possible to fix a Windows 10 installation without reinstalling the OS - it's certainly worth a try when reinstalling the OS would be a far too painful process (I got an exciting PC upgrade coming and I am literally dreading reinstalling all the many programs, utilities, and etc. that I have installed over the past 5 years!!)

from Gary at VoiceAttack:
Try a system file scan to see if anything could be identified as out of sorts (assuming you are using Windows 10):   
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker
This is good to do from time to time - it's not always a clear picture, but if there's something low-hanging, it does a good job of picking it up.

• Upvote 2