Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

In memory of H8CrazyVet67

WarGhost

Hay Vince im back on land for a bit, just in time to help out with your home made fireworks hobby . :)  if god has banned them up there look down at the spratly islands. 4th of july... thanks for being a good point man and wing man. never forgotten............. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

• 11 months later...

Dear Vincent,

Holy shit bro!! ...2 years man...its hard to believe.  Well..we've managed to make it through the newest update, with only a few minor setbacks (to be expected).  You would have LOVED Omaha Beach for sure!!  Well worth the wait, I say.  I watched both videos this year and can only imagine the antics we woulda had on that beach!!  Your laugh is so infectious...I couldn't help but laughing aloud with ya again...oh man!!  We will be honoring you again via the 24/7 Muttrah VJ Tribute next weekend..Im personally gonna drive as many HMMV's as possible with the horn blaring the entire way...LMFAO.  Ive made an effort to play more often since the latest update ...kinda missing that old Piss Off INF squad and surprisingly...Im having a Faking blast playing again!!!  I mean...wife screamin STFU in the background...kinda fun.  Im LUVIN it!!!  Well buddy...Thank you for the memories brah..WE will make sure  that  they NEVER forget you!!!.  Maybe this year I will muster the courage to apply to VG and raise the flag on a perm spot for G&G....but only in your HONOR!!!

Luv ya Man!!

Peace be with Ya Scott,

Chris

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

• 11 months later...

Dear Vincent,

Holy shit man!!! 3 years...Seriously??  Seems like yesterday for me bro!  Most of the old hommies are still around ....some have drifted away, ARMA3 is the HOT topic in town.  We have gotten another update with some improvements and fresh maps.  You always loved Muttrah though, but it really seemed like it didnt matter what map was running, you always seemed to find a hilarious/qwirky way of having a total BLAST!!  I can only imagine the fun we would have had with the drag feature for the medics...(Vincent drags you around like a rag doll laughing hysterically).  I totally miss that!  We did a HMMV turret stuff the other night...you woulda been PROUD!  So many people just laughing and having fun man...SHEW...I LOVE IT!!  Vincent is one of the 12 or so guys on my profile pick from that end screen..THAT kinda fun!!  Ive gotten invited to be an ADMIN for the coop server....what a workout sometimes...LMAO, but still lets me help the VG guys out.  I'm purchasing the VIP experience package from M8 for both of us on YOUR DAY.. I cant faking wait.....He said "EPIC"...now that kinda leaves a lot of room for speculation, but Im guessin something like WINDOW SEATS AT THE MOSQUE TOWER...So, if ya get a chance...SMOKE UP THE TOWER FOR Crazy Vet!!!  WE ALL MISS YOU bud!!  

Love You man!

Peace

Chris

• Like 10
  • VG Seal of Approval 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, =VG= 0100011000101 said:

i was also confused and thought it was today...^^

Don't worry - you are not the only one... turns out that by letting the same event simply repeat each year, it messes up with the actual posted date/time - this is also repeated in my own calendar and notifications.

From my point of view, the 24 hours event was slated for an All Day Event on the 21st, same as the day it originally ran in 2019, and through some digging I found that something on the website calendar pointed this as something like 11pm (PST) on the 21st through 11pm (PST) on the 22nd - and separately a post here states the 22nd as well - I have no idea how or why, or whatever went wrong but all apologies!!

Enough to make a grown man cry - I thought all our notifications and promotions and reminders made it clear that a 24 hour event was occurring on the 21st and even though I see now how this was all miscommunicated thanks to the calendar, there's nothing much to do about it.  I couldn't feel more awful about this, I could have sworn I saw a few of you three on the server playing Muttrah yesterday, but I guess I was mistaken.

I've fixed the calendar event so that this does not happen in future years, and if there is anything I can do please don't hesitate to ask... Apologies :hi: 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

Do we need to run this again next week and get the date correct? Happy to do so... RSVP

Yes please...i only made it for 1 run.  I kinda of enjoy telling Vincent's story, even tho its tragic.  I truly miss him and it kinda helps the community.  Helps us both honestly.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

VincentJames96 Memorial Redux - 24 Hours at Muttrah

Tuesday June 29th, 2021 - 0600 GMT (also known as UTC or PRT or ZULU)

"If a thing is worth doing, it's worth doing right.  This is the American Dream in action."

See you all again for the Redux Event of VincentJames96 Memorial 24 Hours at Muttrah next Tuesday! This is an All Day Event, and the maplist will be changed and fixed to Muttrah beginning at 0600 ZULU (aka PRT/UTC/GMT) and reset to standard 24 hours later.  Layer Rotation will be 16, 64, 32, 128, and of course any of these can be manually set by Admins.  No other maps can be set, levels other than Muttrah are unavailable during the event, which should help curb any confusion for those who don't see this memo of a Redux Event.

:drinks: 

Happy we can try to make this right - and thank you all for your patience and understanding!

• VG Spirit 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

• 11 months later...

Well my friend...Its been 4 years.. Where TF has it gone?  O ya 2years of faking COVID.  Maybe the (lemonade) is that it has made VG stronger than ever..its been fun to watch it grow...You would proud of 'how she has grown'.

Your Memorial Event is coming up soon, and I cant wait to smoke it up like we used to.  It was always fun standing at the rail wit ya....waiting for the end screen and trying to time the jump from the tower....O man ....just faking rolling.  I cant wait!!!...  He would always find a way to get ya going!  It always brings me peace when I get the chance to watch the old video clips of classic Vincent...sweet memories old friend!  My profile pic has a whole group of the OG's hangin out for and end screen shot.  GREAT STUFF.   Im hosting an event within an event again in your honor at the mosque tower and maybe we can all just base the tower for ya one time!  WE NEED CRATES>>LOL pilot kits aint free.   

Hey...if ya could...would you blow the whistle for DOG!!  WE SEEM TO HAVE LOST HIM!  Thanks BRO..

LOVE YOU AND DEEPLY MISS YOU MY FRIEND ...REST IN PEACE BROTHER MAN!!  See you next weekend!!

NEVER FORGET

• Like 11