Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

NEEDING HELP

bammajdg

1 hour ago, =VG= BinkleDinkle said:

Which game you having issue with ?

I think he means falcon bms. otherwise he probably would have posted it somewhere else.

who is my?^^ sounds like a split personality.

maybe that helps:

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/personality_disorder_test.mv   ;p

I have no idea of falcon but if its not a split personality, maybe it could be because you're online with the same serial number? if the game does not like  2 installations over one ip, maybe it works if you go through a vpn with one of the PCs...

On 06/08/2018 at 9:19 PM, bammajdg said:

sorry I didn't make my self clear im sorry ..I installed bms on both pcs from steam ..same acct on steam ..my son wants to have a flight with me so he can learn to play ..im unsure of how to do this because were on the same internet  ip address ..but different ip's for each computer..if that make any sense .. 

I'm not playing that game but can realy this work ?

both pcs

same acct on steam

You are saying you'r using the same account in two PCs

i do'nt think so.

Not sure how this game accounts work but try with two different accounts, one for each PC.

Hope this help.

You simply need to copy the entire ACData Folder from the "working" computer to the one that does not.  Because of Janhas models you may have installed in the past, that one folder is sortof "out of sorts" as our BMS Server sees it.

We have to force "no modified files" for stability purposes, as most online servers do, as I understand it.  This is your problem.

The path to the ACData folder is this:
Falcon BMS 4.33 U1\Data\Sim\Acdata

Here's a link to a fresh copy I just grabbed from a 4.33.5 (U5) updated BMS installation (or just copy from your other computer as I said above):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhv0x104fn3gp0n/Acdata.zip?dl=0

that's all, but if you want to know the why's for future reference, here they are:
The Steam thing mentioned above is up to Steam, it's a non-issue in this case.  Steam gets you Falcon 4.0 (which must be installed for BMS), but Falcon 4.0 is never run, so Steam won't even know -- it is a legal reason that BMS checks for a full installation of the game it mods, but BMS comes with it's own executable.  Using one Falcon 4.0 to install the BMS mod on two machines is only a legal grey area like the "sharewares/freewares" of the 80's, but will not cause this type of issue.  You should really buy Falcon 4.0 for each BMS mod you install, though, it's not expensive. lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, =VG= Kavelenko said:

Hi Bamma,

It could be those JanHans models that are affecting it or you could have one of the configuration settings out.

Have a look and see that Same Acdata Files Required' is unchecked as below, and get back to us.

You are exactly right - the models.  :drinks:

That one check box would apply to the host of a game, definitely important to have it set as desired if the machine will host a session either by LAN or online server, but if we connect as mere clients to another server, it won't do anything.  Same with the SameTileSet thing - will come into play when we want to host a session.  I could see it being useful for a PvP environment so people aren't flying out with "48" AIM-120C's in a Harrier - haha!!

Thank you, Kav! :hi:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

You are exactly right - the models.  :drinks:

That one check box would apply to the host of a game, definitely important to have it set as desired if the machine will host a session either by LAN or online server, but if we connect as mere clients to another server, it won't do anything.  Same with the SameTileSet thing - will come into play when we want to host a session.  I could see it being useful for a PvP environment so people aren't flying out with "48" AIM-120C's in a Harrier - haha!!

Thank you, Kav! :hi:

No problem that's your bloody image that you gave me to use to set my BMS configuration!!!  :P

• Like 1

You can`t both connect to the VG bms server or any other server on the net when using the same external ip which is what you seem to be saying.

In previous falcon it was a simple matter to play together on a LAN connection offline. Not sure bms is quite as friendly with that option.

Maybe I misunderstand. Anyway there is no benefit to you connecting online for a 1 v 1 game.

• Upvote 1

They should be able to create a static IP address for each computer and connect that way, I can connect to the PR servers on two separate computers using the same internet connection, never tried it with the BMS server but I imagine it could be done.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CobaltUK said:

Never heard of That Kav but if you say so. Not in this country.

Yeah you're right Colbalt, I just checked this out on my laptops, and PR will not let me join the same server, I get a error message, "Wrong CD-Hash" something like that. But I can login to a different PR server on one laptop and also login to a different PR server on the other laptop using the same internet connection. I just assumed I could the same server. I even tried a new PR account and same error.

I'm not going to do an install of BMS to see whether this is a thing so if someone wants to test that out be my guest. Vanilla suggested using a VPN which might work, don't know I don't have an account.

IP address of the computers doesn't matter.

The gateway device (router) will have NAT running which allows many internal devices connect to it to share a single external IP address. 

2 hours ago, =VG= Kavelenko said:

I just checked this out on my laptops, and PR will not let me join the same server, I get a error message, "Wrong CD-Hash" something like that. But I can login to a different PR server on one laptop and also login to a different PR server on the other laptop using the same internet connection. I just assumed I could the same server. I even tried a new PR account and same error.

"Wrong CD-Hash" is Project Reality DRM issue (nothing to do with same internet connection). When playing and you see the orange text saying something like "conflicting IP address" and player names, it means they are  Using the same IP address.

Falcon BMS doesn't have the same DRM requirements as PR and Semler has stated that its DRM is a nonissue, and posted the fix for ACDATA problem

On 8/7/2018 at 2:49 AM, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

You simply need to copy the entire ACData Folder from the "working" computer to the one that does not.  Because of Janhas models you may have installed in the past, that one folder is sortof "out of sorts" as our BMS Server sees it.

We have to force "no modified files" for stability purposes, as most online servers do, as I understand it.  This is your problem.

The path to the ACData folder is this:
Falcon BMS 4.33 U1\Data\Sim\Acdata

Here's a link to a fresh copy I just grabbed from a 4.33.5 (U5) updated BMS installation (or just copy from your other computer as I said above):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhv0x104fn3gp0n/Acdata.zip?dl=0

that's all, but if you want to know the why's for future reference, here they are:
The Steam thing mentioned above is up to Steam, it's a non-issue in this case.  Steam gets you Falcon 4.0 (which must be installed for BMS), but Falcon 4.0 is never run, so Steam won't even know -- it is a legal reason that BMS checks for a full installation of the game it mods, but BMS comes with it's own executable.  Using one Falcon 4.0 to install the BMS mod on two machines is only a legal grey area like the "sharewares/freewares" of the 80's, but will not cause this type of issue.  You should really buy Falcon 4.0 for each BMS mod you install, though, it's not expensive. lol

Does anybody understand this ? I sure do not. So can you or can you not ?

The router displays only a single ip to the net/world and falcon online multiplayer needs a unique ip per connection (I thought all game servers did) so how can 2 or more players using the same router join the server ? My world is turned upside down.

Anyone confirmed 2 or more players on bms server through 1 router ? Would be useful to view 2D map on my 2nd pc whilst in 3D on 1st.

Qualified IT guys please explain.

I think maybe I misread original question. Never was intention to meet together online at vg server ?

If you can browse the internet with more than one computer at a time in your house, then NAT is running on your router and you can connect to the same game server with more than one computer. 

They plan to meet on the VG server, but the issue is/was  a data mismatch acdata folder of BMS, not a connection problem. 

• Upvote 1

When more than one computer connects through a router to the internet, those computers still have their own IP addresses.  The final number in an IP address dictates the actual machine, even if the first three parts are identical (the subnet).

These are the numbers broadcast to websites, and/or games, and so two users in the same house would might look like this:

Therefore, more than one computer can connect to a website, etc. from the same network (the router/modem).

I personally don't see why 2 computers in the same house could not connect to our BMS Server at the same time, so long as they had different IP addresses, which they will.

It would be a rare thing for 2 computers in the same house to utilize the same IP address, but it's not impossible.  Modems and routers usually work their magic in the background to split the devices into subnets, and assigning a final designation unique to each device.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CobaltUK said:

Does anybody understand this ? I sure do not. So can you or can you not ?

in simple says the text: bms has no problems with multiple computers in a network when nat in the router is on. this can be checked if you can access websites with both computers at the same time.

the problem is apparently a broken or changed configuration of the game and therefore you have to proceed as semler has written.

5 hours ago, CobaltUK said:

The router displays only a single ip to the net/world and falcon online multiplayer needs a unique ip per connection (I thought all game servers did) so how can 2 or more players using the same router join the server ? My world is turned upside down.

that is not completly correct. there are many (game)servers that have exactly this problem but there are also many who ask the router for internal ips and ports or can be guided on. but the server has to be able to do that and your router too, otherwise you are right.

To keep the computers apart on the server there are several possible ways. there can be used almost anything that is specific. gamekey, hashes, mac-adresses, etc ... but for everything that comes back from the server must be determined which computer to be addressed.

whether bms or pr I do not know  but I think you can believe what semler said.

quake3 for example i already played with 2 computers over the same network in the internet.

another possibility in which it would have to go in any case is, if you connect one of the two computers via VPN with another network and then from there to the internet. then you have two different ips outwards although the computers are attached to the same router.