Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Pause and speed related x2, randomly, appear during play on BMS server.

Asp

Asp here,

I was flying a Sweep mission, on the BMS server  today.

At random intervals (< 10 minutes apart), once I was in the cockpit/in-game I observed the following:

Blue text flashed (for a matter of seconds) at the top center of my display with multiple lines of text. The 2 text I had time to see clearly was "Paused" (during which the game paused) and "x2" (meaning the game play speed accelerated by 2.)

These interrupt the game play, but, it is my opinion (based on the above observation) that the server is being hacked.

Hope this is of value/use to the VG server admin.

break:

Both my AI wingman and I got 3 gomers though...then the Dirty Rat Bravo shoot me down.

Check Six,

Asp

• Upvote 1

I went ahead and made a save, shut down the server, and restarted the campaign from the save.  Hopefully it was just some bugs - not sure if players can mess with the global clock, particularly when there are other human players on the server.  Could be that someone did try to change the game speed but because you were in flight, all that happened was a small blip on your screen before it forced itself back to 1X  -- pure speculation on my part, but not much else I can do.

Thanks for the report!