Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Hosting a map with a Server

=VG= Murderface0151

Hey all,

A good friend of mine recently rented a server for him and i (and whoever else in our circle) to play on privately. Hosted through Wombat Servers in Sydney so that it's almost equidistant between his location (AU) and mine (NZ)

what im really wanting to know is, how do i physically host the game on the server? apparently it's all running and all go according to wombat and it's tool panel that you use to restart the server and do any updates blah blah blah.

could whoever sets up the VG servers please just let me know HOW THE FUCK TO DO THIS?

can't find jack shit out there on the net so any help or advice would be 100,000% appreciated

Thank you in advance,

Murder

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sup Murder!!

The tool panel you mentioned - is this to just administer the operating system (Win or Linux)? Or is it a game hosting panel like we use (TCAdmin)?

If it is a game hosting panel then you should be able to 'see' your server when you login - start/stop, make changes, etc. There should be a Command Line section where you can create different startup command lines (ie: for different mod sets).

If it's NOT a game hosting panel where you can change settings or start/stop the game server, then you'll need to either get one (which is not easy to setup), or login to the server via remote acccess (RDP) and launch the game from the remote session desktop.

There is a great thread on BIS forums by Terox:
https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/139003-tutorial-how-to-run-arma3-on-a-dedicated-server/

Also more info here:
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server

It might be easier if we are both on TS... but I'm out of town Friday - Sunday so might not be able to hook up until next week. If you trust me not to fuck you over you could PM me your login info later today and I can quickly login and check out your setup. If it uses TCAdmin I can give you a good tutorial on how to fuck it up !yes

of course i trust you Savage, i was going to suggest giving you the login details and what not. it's a website called Wombat Servers, and they have a log in feature where you can control it all.. kinda hard to explain without actually seeing it.

im happy enough to let you log in on that and just communicate via pm or facebook etc

my mate gets his net fully back online Monday aus time so that's Sunday for you fellas i believe, we were hoping to have it running by then but no pressure :)

Edit: Windows based server i believe Sir Mectus

I spent some time in the wombat web panel, got him basic and server config setup (copied ours minus the headless client stuff), and got the command line set up. Server name reset to SY31009 and wouldn't load correctly.

So, it's set up, but doesn't work and they are going to be contacting customer service to troubleshoot it on their end.

So my buddy received an E-mail and apparently we have tried to increase the size of the server over 12 slots (which is all we've paid for being a slot server) But both Semler and Myself have confirmed there's no reason at all for them to believe this.

anyone had anything similar?

we're slowly going through the support process with them so in the meantime i thought i might as well ask

If you recall, Murder - I did do my very first work while the server was running, thinking it was stopped. What if it was at that time that I loaded the config, before changing the size to match 12, and because the server was running, it created that security flag for the Host?

Either way, fuck them, tell them it was a mistake and not a malicious attempt, and to make it work already - money spent is money spent, and they should help. Big difference when some one means to do a thing and when its merely incompetence or human error.

Here's hoping they get you sorted out.
!hi

plus i do not have the skills to manage and set up my own server, it's all witchcraft to me hahah.

My buddy is getting his Net back online tomorrow so hopefully he'll be able to quicken the process. Like you said Semler we shouldn't have trouble now that the configs are set, it looks flawless.

Just waiting to get some form of communique with the Server providers via my friend

• 2 weeks later...