Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Arma 2 Vietnam Mission 13/7/2012 Signup!!!

chrisi123

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

darn, cant connect to the TS3. i really would've loved to join and do whatever might help the mission, but i cant connect. i hope nobody will be mad at me.

i hope all you guys make it back to basecamp and i can buy all of you a keg of beer. sorry i was too long on the loo and missed the chopper. why the hell did i put in the request for chili con carne in the cantina... hope the major doesnt punish me with latrine duty... again

Pvt. Pirate LAN_WROTE ...

darn, cant connect to the TS3. i really would've loved to join and do whatever might help the mission, but i cant connect. i hope nobody will be mad at me.

i hope all you guys make it back to basecamp and i can buy all of you a keg of beer. sorry i was too long on the loo and missed the chopper. why the hell did i put in the request for chili con carne in the cantina... hope the major doesnt punish me with latrine duty... again

HAHAHA pirate ok nice :D next time i'll kill you if you don't appear

Uploading FRAPs vid, should be ready in the morning.

Mission seemed ok overall, I would suggest a bit of a change to the squad layout though to help people stay focused during firefights. As once we were engaged things turned into a bit of a clusterfuck with no-one really having any idea what was going on resulting in everyone running around firing and aiming in random directions, if the enemy had flanked us or pressed the attack we would have been wiped out.

A U.S.M.C squad is typically organised into 3 fireteams consisting of 4 men each.

So something like:
FT1
Squad Leader
RTO
M60
Rifleman

FT2
Team Leader
M60
Rifleman/AT
Rifleman/Grenadier

FT3
Team Leader
M60
Rifleman/AT
Rifleman/Grenadier

You can of course still group them all together in the editor and just colour code the three teams at the start of the mission. Would also require the use of the CH-53 for air transport. Or just start the mission with the units already "in the shit" so it's all done on foot.

The three teams would also give increased survivability when moving as we'd have three seperate formations alongside each other, so instead of one long line that if engaged at the front or rear would take a long time to re-arrange and return fire. Three teams each moving in a wedge (inverted V) about 15m from each other gives a wider field of view for scanning for contacts and gives increased immediate firepower when a firefight occurs.

well i never could connect.
Worked with sixupdater...all mods were green...tried to connect and got a black "wait for host" screen.
Tried to remove the beta expansion...could not get it away.
Tried unboxing the "beta" box and then tried to remove the beta expansion...still no joy.
Tried restarting sixupdater...still no joy.
Removed preset and made new one...still no joy.
Then you guys started the game and i gave up.

i guess we all recognized that this mission went a bit chaotic and i think its a nice challenge to find the proper tactics that work in this dense jungle ;)

i'd like to thank Cherry for building and organizing this mission. regarding the fact that this was a new experience for many of us it went better than i expected.

after all i think this was a nice chance to find out whether you like the vietnamwar-setting in arma2 and for this purpose it was proper to have a short action with not too many soldiers.

btw thank you for doing the filming and the upload Calv.

i actually wanted to make some screens but first i was too concentrated on the game itself and later i even recognized xfire didnt save them when i tried to.