Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Arma Session Signup - 19/5/12

=VG= Calv

Same as last week, start time 19:00 GMT (14:00 CDT).
If you're unsure of what time this is for you, go here: http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc click the Use Following Time/Date option. Type in 19:00 in the box. Then find your timezone/city in the bottom box and click convert.

Required Mods:
ACRE
STHUD

Optional Mods:
JSRS
Blastcore
stmovement

Schedule:
19:00: Training Start
19:30: Mission Start

Mission Briefing:
While Talon squad are focusing on the artillery camp and barracks at Tulga it is our job to clear Chernogorsk, Electrozavadosk and Kamyshovo of all hostiles while also locating and neutralising any AA threats along the route.
We expect at least a platoon of infantry and expect to encounter light motorized and mechanized infantry presence.

Roster:
Calv
Murder
lupago
confused
iffn
castor
savage
eclipse
airborne
pirate
semler
charry
gaz
terremer
ingo
sam
coldnfreezin

Squad:
Squad Leader: Semler
Corpsman/2IC: Calv

Squad 1: Semler

1:
FTL: Castor
gaz
eclipse
ingo

2:
FTL: Murderface
confused
charry
pirate

Squad 2: Calv

3:
FTL: lupago
iffn
airborne
oni

4:
FTL: savage
terremer
sam
coldnfreezin

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ConfusedMaster LAN_WROTE ...

i guess i will be able to participate.
i would also agree to command a fireteam if necessary.

a question i have is whether soundmods will be tolerated by the server.

Yeah they should be fine, I'd also recommend everyone having STHUD as well. Is hugely useful for keeping organised as a team.

It's very unobstrusive, just a small circle at the bottom centre of the screen, lists who is in your team and gives their location relative to your position. Removes the need to constantly be looking around to check that your team are with you.
It only shows up when you're in a group, so if you test it make sure to put a few AI units in your group so that it'll show up.

ConfusedMaster LAN_WROTE ...

a question i have is whether soundmods will be tolerated by the server.

Supported client mods on the server:

JSRS Sounds
Blastcore Visuals
STHUD

The server will be setup Friday afternoon (EDT) for the Saturday event - please try and join BEFORE the event to make sure your mods are working OK.

HIGHLY recommend using Six-Updater to join as it will download and update any files you need (except for sound/visual.. you'll need to d/l those on your own). I will be testing the server using signature checks and BattleEye tomorrow as well, which means (if I can get it working) you will be kicked if you don't have the right version or are trying to load a mod that is not allowed by the server.

If there are other sound/visual mods you would like to use please let me know by tomorrow so I can add the proper .key files to the server. Thinking of trying out stmovement as well (allows better CQB movement but never tried it myself).

Edit: right...sign me up for the event too please !mental

Wooz2770 LAN_WROTE ...

i?m afraid i won?t be able to join, will there be an event next week?

Same time every week.

=VG= Eclipse002 LAN_WROTE ...

Im in...and someone give me an Apache :-)

hehe I wouldn't hold your breath. The Apache is too powerful to have in a mission without a ton of AA to counter it. Thinking of having a light chopper in the next campaign for recon and light support, most likely an AH-6.

Sign me up as well. I can be a FTL again, as I am trained/experienced but would just as well enjoy being the Corpsman and rolling with you, Calv, as I would also like to learn the SQ Lead role in order to play as it when you desire not to. (Also makes it so you can be surprised, as being Mission Maker AND Squad Leader can be a bit predictable at times).

Savage: add keys for @STMovement as well, pretty sure is clientside, just need to allow like sound mods. (makes rifle barrels not get snagged on walls in tight quarters)

Daylight savings in US and lack of in GMT is messing me up. I believe, according to your time calculator link, I am GMT-7.

QUESTION: Clav - do you have scripting knowledge? Or are you an Editor wiz? Or a little of both? I am looking for someone who is good at or can learn scripting, as I get overwhelmed too often, and need to teach someone so they can get to my level and help make some killer scripts, and would like to help you/LAMBS players with making these campaigns/missions. Too many ideas, not enough time or personelle on one project....

Anyone want to learn some intermediate/advance scripting, please contact me (but don't post here - keep this ON TOPIC!)

SemlerPDX =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

Sign me up as well. I can be a FTL again, as I am trained/experienced but would just as well enjoy being the Corpsman and rolling with you, Calv, as I would also like to learn the SQ Lead role in order to play as it when you desire not to. (Also makes it so you can be surprised, as being Mission Maker AND Squad Leader can be a bit predictable at times).

Savage: add keys for @STMovement as well, pretty sure is clientside, just need to allow like sound mods. (makes rifle barrels not get snagged on walls in tight quarters)

Daylight savings in US and lack of in GMT is messing me up. I believe, according to your time calculator link, I am GMT-7.

QUESTION: Clav - do you have scripting knowledge? Or are you an Editor wiz? Or a little of both? I am looking for someone who is good at or can learn scripting, as I get overwhelmed too often, and need to teach someone so they can get to my level and help make some killer scripts, and would like to help you/LAMBS players with making these campaigns/missions. Too many ideas, not enough time or personelle on one project....

Anyone want to learn some intermediate/advance scripting, please contact me (but don't post here - keep this ON TOPIC!)

At the top of the page for that timezone converter it shows the current GMT time. (About 15:50 now), so you should be able to work out how far behind you are from that.
I'm more than happy to step back from the SL role if you want to give it a try, I can go as 2IC/Corpsman so I'm still there to help with some of the radio chatter burden.

As for scripting/editing. I've only really started taking an interest in it a couple weeks back. So all my stuff is based on learning as I go and finding/modify scripts to do what I want em to. I wouldn't be able to really write a script from scratch as I lack the syntax knowledge.