Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Invasion 1944 Mod update

=VG= SavageCDN

Invasion 1944 just released a huge update to version 2.6

For those unaware this is one of the best mods for Arma. They've added winter maps, a new Omaha map, and many new units/weapons.

IT IS EXACTLY ONE TON OF FUN!!!

Soldiers
- United States - 1st & 29th Infantry Division, 5th Ranger Battalion, 82nd & 101st Parachute Infantry Regiment.
- British - Infantry Airborne Division, British Commandos.
- Germany - Heer, Heer-Camoflagued, Fallschirmj?ger, Schutzstaffel. With over 30 infantry weapons.
Vehicles
- 30+ German vehicles - including tanks, recon vehicles and troop carriers.
- 20+ Allied vehicles - including tanks, recon vehicles, troop carriers and landing craft.
Aircraft
- Allied - B-17 Flying Fortress, Douglas C-47A Skytrain, Lockheed P-38 Lightning, P-51D Mustang, P-47 Thunderbolt, Hawker Hurricane Mk.IIa, Spitfire Mk.Ia., Hawker Typhoon
- Axis - Bf-109E4, Bf-109F2, Bf-109G6, Ju-52/3mg5e, Ju-87, Me-262, Me-262A
Maps
- Omaha
- Omaha V2 (Greatly enhanced and expanded)
- Merderet
- Merderet (Winter Version)
- Battle of the Bulge map by prowler
Missions
- 33 MP Missions
- 11 SP Missions
Soundtrack
- Over an hour of original music by SFG

For those WW2 fans I highly recommend installing it. You will need Arma 2 Combined Operations.

Forums
http://ofp.gamepark.cz/invasion1944/public/

Download
http://www.invasion-1944.com/download-i44/

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some great features for mission makers with this mod.. good editor Modules like weather types, weapon resting, armor penetration and ballistics. The static defenses are also pretty cool with bunkers, MG42s, trenches, etc.

Could not find a list of classnames for ver 2.6 but if you have 2.51 it comes with a classnames.txt file which lists everything.

The stock missions that come with this mod are quite well done.. we could try a D-Day landing or something.

Right now i have a pow rescue mission.

UK commando's jump para drop from C-47 1-2km away, dodging patrols and making there way to the camp, they must then assault the camp rescuing the pow with will join your group when you trigger it, and you must back track to the extraction.

But i don't have a exit vehicle for the plane, so if any knows the code please share.

Also only the Squad leaders and NCO have the maps.

Hmmm.... some info here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?84395-ejecting-from-a-c130

And here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?76545-AI-Paradrop-from-C130J&highlight=

I think you have to create a trigger that the plane flies over, which on activation runs some code which ejects the players. You'll need to give the group and plane a name (squad1, plane1) and use that name in the ejection script.

In the leader init field:

squad1 = group this; {_x moveInCargo plane1} foreach units this;

This should start the group inside the plane.

In the trigger activation field:
_xhandle=[squad1,plane1] execVM  "jump.sqf";

jump.sqf

if (isServer) then {<br />_group =  _this select 0;<br />_vehicle = _this select 1;<br /><br />sleep 2;<br /><br />{<br />    unassignvehicle _x;<br />    _x action ["EJECT", _vehicle];<br />    sleep 0.5<br />} foreach units _group;<br />};

The mission has to be set up proper for dedicated - as in, locality.
if(not isServer) exitwith commands are needed for server side scripts, and if(not is player) exitwith{}; is needed for the player (one player only, the one who called the script) side scripts to run.

I'll be online for it today, we could do this as a small event on the Insurgency Server - I don't think the two people there will mind.

Also, looking forward, I am pretty well done with the "non-addon" CLAfghan mission and that server will be for all the public, no needs for mods or whatever.

Perhaps we should try running different mods and missions with mods and addons on the Insurgency Server to bring that crowd of Arma players to our games as well. Not sure if there are plans in the works to fix/update Insurgency, but we need to get players in these servers however we can, asap!

Cool addons and mods could be the trick.

Me and savage explored a little more and check this out, game has a melee.

Attach/Detach Bayonet:
This option is only available to the three main standard rifles (K98k, M1 Garand, SMLE No 4), and cannot be used on grenade
launcher or sniper variants.

If the player is in possession of both a compatible rifle, and a bayonet item this button can be used to attach or detach it from the rifle. While attached bullet dispersion is increased so only attach the bayonet
when needed.

Once attached the bayonet can be used in two ways: Pressing 'Caps Lock' will perform a single thrust which will usually daze an opponent, a second thrust should kill.

Pressing 'Shift'+'2' engages 'Bayonet Charge' mode, then while sprinting (e.g. double tap and hold forward key), any enemy you bump into will be dazed, a second hit will kill. Note you can still use your single thrust key in this mode, and will be unable to use your iron sights to aim your rifle. Also you can only harm enemy soldiers with a bayonet charge.

Pressing 'Shift'+'1' will disengage 'Bayonet Charge' mode.

MORE

Sliding: While sprinting (double tap and hold forward key), players can slide by pressing their 'Crouch' button, this will cause the unit to slide, letting go of the forward key will cause them to come to a stop in the crouched position.
If you continue to hold the forward key the unit will continue moving after the slide, first in the crouched stance rising to standing and resume sprinting.

Running Jump: While running or sprinting and pressing the 'Step Over' key the players unit will be able to leap over low obstacles while on the move without losing momentum.

More Stuff:

----
With a construction module placed, all players with a 'Shovel' item in their inventory can build certain objects according to their class.

All units can build a 'Foxhole' object.

Engineers, Pioneers and Mechanic's are able to build the large 'Sandbag' and 'Hedgehog' objects.

Construction of an object uses up the shovel item,to build more you need another shovel, only one can be carried inyour main inventory at one time, however you can carry more in a backpack.

----
The M1919A4 and MG42 machine guns and the M2 and GrW34 Mortars can now be properly deployed with their tripods as well as functioning as standard infantry weapons.

An assistant gunner unit carries the folded tripod as a backpack, using the 'Deploy Item' the tripod can be setup ready for use with a machinegun.

Mortars are constructed, maintained, and dismantled in the same way, except both items (Base Plate, and Mortar Tube) are backpack items.

----

Also has a cargo system, custom wounding/healing system, weapon resting and hand signals.

I44 is a mod with complete atmosphere.
You can integrate a FX module with german and english KI commands in the background. Using tanks as troop transporters looks very awesome.
The integrated maps are smal, but very detailed. Very nice the new church on OMAHA 2 map in Colleville Sur Mer. You can use the bell tower for overwatch and sniping. A building i missed all the time.