Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Warface

PanamanianDevil

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outlander your post was a trip! Funny as hell. But if everybody just googled the answers to their questions, it could reduce forum conversations. LOL I always like when people ask my input or take on a title.

Here's what I'm seeing:

It's built on the CryEngine 3 engine so it looks pretty and runs smooth, but I'm guessing no prone just like Crysis 2. I'm guessing this based on the last screenshot of the player doing the ole slide forward while shooting. http://fluffrick.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/warface1.jpg I'd count the game out for me at that moment however, the game will be free to play online and comes with cooperative play against AI, and daily challenges to mix things up.

Since it'll be free, and I figure it'll be a like playing a mix of Crysis 2 (graphically) Battlefield (functionally ie: medics and classes) and Arma (cooperative missions) I'm willing to give it a shot.

Castor =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

very interested in the PVE part, also isnt cryengine3 very modifiable? <-- not sure if the right word lol

Modifiable is indeed the right word. Every CryENGINE has been very easy to make games or mods for. CE3 actually has a free SDK. Crydev.net for more info on that. I love CE2 and 3 since i've been working with mods for Crysis (the original). I actually have about 900 posts on Crydev so it's the forum i've been most active on ever lol

Castor =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

very interested in the PVE part, also isnt cryengine3 very modifiable? <-- not sure if the right word lol

It must be modifiable (the word works for me lol) because they show a cover system in use in Warface. There is no cover system in Crysis 2... well I guess there is in single player but not quite as defined if I remember correctly.

The PVE interest to me a lot also. Arma 2 is the only game that I know of that allowes many players to coop against AI in a military setting. Warface may allow this with the smoothness of the CryEngine 3 engine with classes as in Battlefield. I think that'll be cool.

So, anyone else got the key?

Ok. So this game is not very good. PVP reminds me of Breach, and Breach was shit. Coop is just "ok"
Nothing special about it. Insertion - kill bots - kill boss - extraction.
There's two campaigns for coop with 2 missions in each and one very small map for PVP.
Can't say this game looks like it was made on Crytech 3 engine, it looks like Unreal 2 at best.

Here's a couple of additional keys for beta, don't know if they are area restricted though.
FZM2KN0FK90MJHKWFUW6
2SG8L2V437JHWLF950B1
R3AA410K1YKH5O5QHG5E

Outlanders =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

So, anyone else got the key?

Ok. So this game is not very good. PVP reminds me of Breach, and Breach was shit. Coop is just "ok"
Nothing special about it. Insertion - kill bots - kill boss - extraction.
There's two campaigns for coop with 2 missions in each and one very small map for PVP.
Can't say this game looks like it was made on Crytech 3 engine, it looks like Unreal 2 at best.

Here's a couple of additional keys for beta, don't know if they are area restricted though.
FZM2KN0FK90MJHKWFUW6
2SG8L2V437JHWLF950B1
R3AA410K1YKH5O5QHG5E

That's a shame. Have you had a chance to play it much?

Like i said before. Game looks pretty cheap. I know that Crysis 2 engine is less powerfull than engine of Crysis 1 but still. Warface looks like it was built on Unreal 2.
Up to 6 players in coop. No comms, just random messages in chat. Usually people just run forward killing bots and dropping ammo and health.

Outlanders =VG= LAN_WROTE ...

Like i said before. Game looks pretty cheap. I know that Crysis 2 engine is less powerfull than engine of Crysis 1 but still. Warface looks like it was built on Unreal 2.
Up to 6 players in coop. No comms, just random messages in chat. Usually people just run forward killing bots and dropping ammo and health.

Ok, gotcha. When I asked about comms, I meant did you play with a team while communication in teamspeak or did you play with strangers with no comms. Reason being, I was just trying to feel out why you had such a poor experience in the game. I find that sometimes even mediocre games can be fun when playing with buddies. Of course I'm sure you know that.

I definitely appreciate your feedback.