Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Farewell to =VG= Skiddles

=VG= SemlerPDX

Sir,  I never personally got the chance to meet you online,  I did not know you, but the memorial posts I have read in this thread ,  I can tell you were a very professional and great friend to many great people here.   So sorry to here of the pain you endured Sir.  May you Rest In Peace with OUR father in Heaven, as he calls US all home in time.   May God Bless Your Soul and watch over your family.

Semper FI, 

JD

• Like 12

Just speechless!!! 

Rest easy old friend.. What a SOLID VG  brother!  🙏..Praying for any1 you still gave a shit about!!

Give one to Vincent James for me...

You will be sadly missed , but never FORGOTTEN 

Can we make one of the AI bot names Skiddles?

• Like 16
  • VG Spirit 1

Hi,

It was I who brought news of Andy's passing. (sorry) You know him as Skiddles. I know him as a dear friend of nearly 30 years. 
It brings tears to my eyes reading everyone's words.

Thank you for honoring him as you have. 

His life goes beyond the scope of gaming. 
His generosity goes well beyond this community. I have worked with him to help communities far and wide. Figi, Cambodia, Laos were places he held dear. He help fund schools in the most improvised parts of Cambodia, sent school supplies to Figi after cyclones. Fly there to bring school supplies to island communities that had nothing. Sent funds and supplies to Cambodia to help develop schools. A country beaten nearly to death by the French stealing culture calling it their own. 

Selfless, but a hard bastard. No tolerance for bullshit or lies. 

He loved this community, and I hope everyone here takes a page from his life and tries to do better.  

I miss my friend. A hard prick. 

I miss him but I will never forget what I learned knowing him. 

His lesson, We can all do better. 

• Like 13
  • VG Spirit 1
  • VG Seal of Approval 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

What sad news, a guy with a solid conviction of what he considered correct, now I understand why he appeared in messages by prism. even though he wasn't playing, he always had an eye on the server... I called him "the eye in the sky, all seeing".
These words in Spanish:

Descansa buen hombre, que tus acciones en vida, te hacen eterno... 

Rest good man, your actions in life make you eternal...

• Like 13

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I am late to this. But this is so heavy to even read the rest of the main post. I've played with him for quite few times. Long enough to know wherever he goes, he brings fear to the enemy with his trusty AR kit. The most valuable man to have in the squad. I know I don't talk or post much, but I know Skiddles has been bringing comfort and encouragement to me whenever he joins the squad I am in, especially his voice. Man, this is just a great loss, I can't even imagine the heartache his families, friends and all of us here are bearing.

Rest in peace, soldier. It has been an honor knowing and playing with you.

• Like 11

Thank you for this. I really appreciate you sharing this in our community.

Farewell Skiddles.

On 4/15/2023 at 12:19 PM, Clinton said:

Hi,

It was I who brought news of Andy's passing. (sorry) You know him as Skiddles. I know him as a dear friend of nearly 30 years. 
It brings tears to my eyes reading everyone's words.

Thank you for honoring him as you have. 

His life goes beyond the scope of gaming. 
His generosity goes well beyond this community. I have worked with him to help communities far and wide. Figi, Cambodia, Laos were places he held dear. He help fund schools in the most improvised parts of Cambodia, sent school supplies to Figi after cyclones. Fly there to bring school supplies to island communities that had nothing. Sent funds and supplies to Cambodia to help develop schools. A country beaten nearly to death by the French stealing culture calling it their own. 

Selfless, but a hard bastard. No tolerance for bullshit or lies. 

He loved this community, and I hope everyone here takes a page from his life and tries to do better.  

I miss my friend. A hard prick. 

I miss him but I will never forget what I learned knowing him. 

His lesson, We can all do better. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...