Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Farewell to =VG= Skiddles

=VG= SemlerPDX

I must regretfully inform you all that our dear friend and VG Clan Member, @=VG= Skiddles, has passed away.

While this may seem rather sudden, unfortunately, some friends of his including myself has been made aware of the medical struggles he has been having for the past few months, and he had asked us to retain this information in confidence unless he did not contact us following a very risky upcoming surgery which had very little chance of recovery - a "hail mary" on his cancer.

With a heavy heart, I must report that he was unable to recover, and has now left us.  For those of us who knew him well, he was a very strong minded and opinionated person with a great passion for team play and cooperation who absolutely loved VG.  While he was unable to play the PR game he loved so much in his final days, he had told me how important VG and our PR COOP Server had been as an escape for him these past many years, and especially lately while dealing with the immeasurable realities of life.  Skiddles had been struggling with bi-polar, anxiety and depression most of his life, and eventually developed heart issues, and finally cancer.  He had stated that he had made some incredible friendships here, and that there are times when people here gave him more strength than his "bloody family" (his words).  Towards the end, he was playing less and merely using PRISM just to have something to do and participate in, as his hands and fingers stopped working as he wanted them to.  This is why some of us may have noticed more direct (and only) administration through PRISM these past few months.

He wrote this to me and asked me to share this with you in the event of his passing:

On 3/8/2023 at 6:42 PM, =VG= Skiddles said:

It's important to me that everyone knows how much I have enjoyed VG and its members. I won’t forget the honor of being accepted into the clan and being made admin. It really has given me purpose during this trying time.

If anyone would like to share their thoughts or feelings, or fond memories and good times with Skiddles, we would appreciate your posts here.  If anyone has any suggestions on how we may wish to honor his memory, perhaps with an annual day of remembrance, we will gratefully consider any/all ideas.

Skiddles will live on forever in our hearts and minds, and will be greatly missed at VG.

• VG Spirit 1
  • Sad 41

Sadly I knew this day would come as the struggles were getting more difficult to manage.  He was a very solid dude that loved VG. Words are always difficult in this situation as you had a bigger impact than folks will know on this community and always strived to make sure we were on the path to perfection. 

I hope now you have the ability to look over us and keep us on track as we are navigating our own paths and barriers in life. 

Thank you for everything Skiddles ❤️ 

• Like 14
  • VG Spirit 2

Skiddles,

may you rest in peace man. Go with God and be free from that body that caused you so much pain. Thanks for choosing us and we were honored to have you here.

I remember arguing politics with skid a few times via pm 's. He always gave me perspective. I'll remember that most about him. 

🙏

Blud

• Like 18
  • VG Spirit 1

wow. until just now i thought that this rock of a guy is immortal.

i didn't have many discussions with skiddels, but there were a few... mostly it was about fascism, anti-racism or why people take such paths at all and i've always been fascinated by his hard, down-to-earth manner, in which he was also open up to new perspectives.

that was really a shock. I knew he was struggling with his health but not that he was in such a bad shape. I would also think it would be very good if we could set up a day of honor. Unfortunately I don't know what his favorite maps were, but AR or MG was his favorite kit, maybe you can work with it...

@=vg=skiddles : pls say hello to crazyvet from us, maybe you now have the opportunity to play a few cool rounds of muttrah with him.

Ruhe in Frieden!

• Like 13
  • VG Spirit 2
  • VG Seal of Approval 1

wow that's a lot. I didn't spend a ton of time with him but when we did talk it was always a pleasure. I really don't know what else to say, it's just so overwhelming. The one thing I want everyone to remember is that he was a great man, player and clan-mate.

We will always remember you Skiddles! Rest in peace 

• Like 12
  • VG Spirit 1

Where do i have to start? This was quite shocking news happened this morning, unexpected.

Skiddles is one of members that i always look up for, after he making his name on VG. A wise man indeed, i loved most of his forum posts when he wrote one and it always interests me reading it. The last time i saw him was on low pop state in Op. Marlin LRG few weeks ago (only 2 of us and we ended at Kashan STD, seeded the server afterwards), at that time i didn't know that he was sick or anything, but i know for sure that he was just trying to have fun while in server.

That aside, my condolences. I feel sorry for not knowing him better. I guess this is it. It's been great honor to play with the man himself. He was really a great figure and a father perhaps.

Thank you and RIP Skiddles. We'll be missing you a lot and i'll never forget what you did for VG. 🫡

*taken from Discord

• Like 13
  • VG Spirit 1
  • VG Seal of Approval 1

no.... i was gonna make he's T-shirt...  we just talked recently...

he was one of my closes friends here. we always hang out when we have time to play. he always cheers me up even tho I've always been negative recently... I appreciated he's company so coz even if he was also having a hard time in life he still tries to cheer up others who are down... 

I'll miss the days he would randomly join my squad just to check up on how I was doing. he was one of those people I take strength from to keep me up float. 

Skidz I wasn't much help for you in your final days. but I hope and pray your doing well now. no more pain rest you've done alot for us. I'll see you soon...

• Like 11
  • VG Spirit 1
  • Sad 3

=VG= Skiddles me old mate,  we knew this could happen any time, and still you battled on there for quite a while. You'll be missed by everyone here in the =VG= community. Always honest and frank about your views and we could always count on you with that bloody machine gun when the chips were down and the shit was hitting the fan. Condolences to your family and friends, you were a great buddy to know and play games with. Rest in Peace, Lest We Forget.

Kav

• Like 14
  • VG Seal of Approval 1

Heavy. We were aware of his condition, but that tiny hopeful part of me kept thinking he would just pull through and live happily ever after. The man is such a pleasure to talk to and even gave me tips during my travel because he's been to these ends of the world. A caring, helpful friend who was down-to-earth and always open to feedback. He mentioned multiple times how =VG= was his refuge and how he made great friends with us, which gave him newfound spirit during his trying times. He was our eye in the sky in PRISM, and now he'll be our eye from above for real.

I will miss you brother. May you rest in peace and finally be without suffering. Until we meet again ❤️

• Like 13
  • VG Spirit 1