Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

I cant connect to a pr coop server

f4k1ng0d
Message added by =VG= SemlerPDX,

Summary:  Players from Southeast Asia may have issues connecting to our PR COOP Server which is located in Germany.  Players from such distant locations will not have an optimal experience even in COOP, and the quality of the connection will vary greatly from person to person from these areas, depending on a number of factors including your own internet service provider, and the sum of all points in-between yourself and our server in Germany.  Unfortunately, for some such players, the best we can do is recommend they try playing on a Project Reality server closer to their own location.

I am wondering if this connection is possible.  Have you ever connected to our PR COOP Server?  It is located in Germany, and your location is showing China - these two points are nearly on the opposite ends of planet Earth.  Could be that you are just too far away from our game server.  You might attempt a speed test to Germany to see if your speed and/or ping are acceptable to this region of the world from your location.

• Upvote 2

On 4/3/2023 at 2:37 AM, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

I am wondering if this connection is possible.  Have you ever connected to our PR COOP Server?  It is located in Germany, and your location is showing China - these two points are nearly on the opposite ends of planet Earth.  Could be that you are just too far away from our game server.  You might attempt a speed test to Germany to see if your speed and/or ping are acceptable to this region of the world from your location.

That is probably the answer. But I wonder how I was able to join the server the first time.

3 hours ago, f4k1ng0d said:

That is probably the answer. But I wonder how I was able to join the server the first time.

because with such large distances you use many hops (intermediate servers) that changes over the time. there is not only one "way" to our server but hundreds of "roads"... depending on which one your client is currently taking, the connection will be different.

under windows you can open the CMD and use the command "tracert 5.9.23.136" to display all hops you are using to connect to our server. I have 9 hops, including my router, my isp and 3 hops on the VG side. 4 hops remain, with a ping of 17ms. i am very close to the server...

• VG Seal of Approval 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, f4k1ng0d said:

Turning off the firewall and the anti-virus didn't work. The only server I've tried is the "Sea" one, connected properly

The "Sea" server stands for Southeast Asia - you are in China.  It is no wonder that you can successfully connect to this server because it is very close to you.  Try the trace route that @=VG= 0100011000101 suggested above, and report back.

• VG Seal of Approval 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, f4k1ng0d said:

The CMD window disappeared after the 14th hop, and the ping was around 289 ms

This would indicate that our server is unreasonably far from your location, and that your connection to it would be extremely latent even if you were able to connect.  This latency can be tolerable for some connections, we do have friends in Australia who connect to this server without it being unplayable, but yet other Australians do not have such a playable experience on our dedicated server in Germany.  Let's not gloss over the fact that China has physical firewalls on all lines in and out of the country, and all internet traffic is subject to rules controlled by China.

If you can't connect, it's a pretty safe to assume you would not have a playable experience on our server.  There's nothing we can do about that on our end.  Luckily for you, there are other servers, but ours is just not within your connection range.

:hi: 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Hello @Jeffrey

Are you sure your game is updated to 1.7.4.1 1.7.4.2, and have you tried connecting recently? It's possible that you updated before our server did, which would cause your issue.

If you still can't join, please provide us with your username and CD key, and describe what happens when you try to connect to =VG=. What error message do you see, if any?

Additionally, you may try these generic troubleshooting steps. We can't promise anything for your specific situation, but they have worked in the past.

- Restarting your computer (yes, really)

- Running the game as Administrator (this fixed my issue when I could start game but not connect to servers.)

- Logging out and back into your PR account, or uninstalling and re-installing the game fully.