Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

TM Hotas Cougar (98 Ver)

JudgeDredd

Thrustmaster Operators,

I have a TM Hotas Cougar (1998 era- Not the Warthog set up), I actually have two, one I repaired and the other brand new.  Both of the Sticks/Throttles are identified in Windows and are reading "OK".  The new one I had been trying to get it to operate with a new set of TMM/TMJ files for the operation in BMS 4.36 and had been working with Mokum on that issue.   

Problem I'm having now, the Hotas Cougar is identified in both Windows 10 PR & BMS 4.36.  When I go into the game and into set up, the Hotas Cougar is listed in there, however when I manipulate both the Throttle & Stick nothing is registering in set up, the thrust meter does not move and the axis dot in the box will not move.  What am i doing wrong, has anyone had this issue?

JD

Ok, 55 views and no comments, looks like there is some interest in this topic 🙂 as of Dec 13th, well.    Good news is, with the great help of MOKUM, the Hotas is operational, Foxy is working, the Throttle & Stick is working fine.  At the moment I am using BMS FULL as far as the key mappings on the stick, more to learn on mapping now.  

So now it's time to start working through the instruction manual of BMS 4.36, starting from the beginning, it's been since 1998 since I started flying Falcon 4.0, after Janes F15.  Now it BMS, so happy the people involved that took the game and made it what it is today, so blessed that folks as intelligent as them are on this earth, they are true internet warriors too, although I am certain are real day piolets, both in Civilian & Military service. too.

JD

• Like 2

16 hours ago, JudgeDredd said:

Ok, 55 views and no comments....

lol - I was one of those views but had not much to offer in a reply - I kept hoping one of the (few) who also own an original TM Cougar would post up and reply, but glad you found MOKUM and was able to get some direct help!! The technical setup in BMS can be nearly as daunting as the learning curve of actualling flying a simulated combat jet.

Congratulations and welcome!  Hope to see you all in BMS once I get my ass back into the pit again myself.  :drinks: 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

lol - I was one of those views but had not much to offer in a reply - I kept hoping one of the (few) who also own an original TM Cougar would post up and reply, but glad you found MOKUM and was able to get some direct help!! The technical setup in BMS can be nearly as daunting as the learning curve of actualling flying a simulated combat jet.

Congratulations and welcome!  Hope to see you all in BMS once I get my ass back into the pit again myself.  :drinks: 

It's all Good Sir, I know folks like to see what is going on in the "Internet Flying Profession", especially if they are thinking about picking up one of these Legacy units like the Hotas Cougar.  I fell in love with it back in 98-99.  Due to life getting in the way, moving to a non-internet location, then Law Enforcement Career I did not have time to put into it, until I retired back in 2018. Was getting back into looking at the problem, and wife decided she wanted to move to a Lake House, so away we went again, now it's all good 🙂.   By the end of this month, we should have our NEW fiber optics connection (Gig UP/Gig Down) and I will me even more active.  Meeting Mokum was a great thing, he took on the mission of my situation and well, he worked through it, he said I helped, but I think it was 75/25 in work, as he was doing things that were over my head in configuration, things are waaaaaay different since 1998  🙂 , he is and asset on this site for sure, and even better person since we got to know one another.  We will be flying soon, working on mapping the Throttle/Stick Sir.

Thank You for looking in on me Sir !!!   

JD

• Like 1

11 hours ago, =VG= STARK said:

Good job guys on  getting it working ! I have the Warthog now for a few months and =VG= Kavelenko hepled me to set it up. 

See you out there when you are ready.

I have literally been working on this situation for 1.5 yrs on an off, like banging my head into a wall.  Mokum saved my headaches, he was amazing how he figured things out. 
JD

• Like 1

Hey JD,

Setting up the Cougar from what I have read is no easy task, probably because its such an old HOTAS and requires software to set things up.

The Warthog by comparison is virtually plug it in and way you go. So having Mokum there to help you through the process was fantastic.

I've attached my HOTAS layout for the Warthog which you could use as a guide in setting up your Cougar key binds.

image.png.53ad9a90f81564895d8f614b370d8f01.png

DX HOTAS Warthog (Stick, Throttle & Panel) - BMS Print Layout _Version 1_0.pdf

• Like 1

2 hours ago, =VG= Kavelenko said:

Hey JD,

Setting up the Cougar from what I have read is no easy task, probably because its such an old HOTAS and requires software to set things up.

The Warthog by comparison is virtually plug it in and way you go. So having Mokum there to help you through the process was fantastic.

I've attached my HOTAS layout for the Warthog which you could use as a guide in setting up your Cougar key binds.

image.png.53ad9a90f81564895d8f614b370d8f01.png

DX HOTAS Warthog (Stick, Throttle & Panel) - BMS Print Layout _Version 1_0.pdf

Thank You Sir, for reaching out and assisting me with this, I'm trudging along, I am learning ALOT, it's a lot to take in for an old beaten down "Grunt", Retired Road Dog 🙂 it's like I am back in Bootcamp/Academy.  This awesome community has been most gracious to this "Rookie", and it's very much appreciated.  I will get this stuff down this year.  MOKUM just made me a training video for me to replicate its actions too 🙂   

Thank You Sir, JD

• Like 1