Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Viruses and how to avoid them

Kordik

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Kordik said:

Good afternoon. I wanted to know how to check the file before downloading it, I just want to download the minecraft mod from this site Shur’tugal Mod . I just don't want to install any viruses or miners. Tell me if there is a site or resource suitable for this?

First of all, afaik, that site you linked is known to be operated by asshats who do not respect mod users or developers.
(your link to that mod on that site has been removed from this post)

Just go somewhere more official and used by more people... CurseForge comes to mind.

The way you evaluate safety and integrity of a file/download would be first done by the developer providing a checksum - and then you would use a tool after downloading the file to verify that it matches that checksum.

These minecraft modders do not seem too concerned about safety for their users, and seems rare to see a published checksum.  Damn kids.

Find more info on the topic of checksums and file hashing here:
https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/189000/how-to-verify-the-checksum-of-a-downloaded-file-pgp-sha-etc