Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Forever PvPvE Server.

=VG= Alaura

Multiple Servers or One Server?   

35 members have voted

1. 1. Multiple Servers or One Server?

• Multiple (2, PvPvE + PvE)
    • Singular (Ordinary regular PvE Server)

14 hours ago, =VG= Alaura said:

bot count gives us some fun and experimentation on the idea of how deadly the bots are in assets, say you can drive a asset and let them be a gunner, would make for interesting position pushes and or fights,

This might be interesting for some players but for most it's just annoying when a bot gets in the gunner seat. From what I have seen there's no point of using bots as gunners in any vehicle except parked jeeps, as they are never as effective as a player.

Edit: also the poll is kinda biased, there is no option for PvEvP only on weekends

Hello. Today I played a few maps on PvPvE server.

Observations:

1. The majority of the maps was designed for PvE and therefore have a heavy bias regarding assets and flags in the beginning.  Few maps are balanced. We will need careful map selection for even matches, and possibly remove some maps from rotation.

Example: Asad Khal is very balanced and offers a good fight in the middle. Silent Eagle Std is not really balanced but still offers a great fight for the city in the middle. Jabal al Burj is totally unbalanced.

WW2 maps like Reichswald and Merville look like great maps to play on this server setting

Point is: lets not throw every unbalanced map off the server, because some unbalanced maps still make a great fight. Will need testing

2. Team selection. Everyone seems to go Opfor (=side we usually don't play in COOP). This makes for unfair team balance right from the start. Dont know if this will even out.

3. The fighting was really different. I move very carefully always expecting to be shot at any moment. In COOP I know exactly where the fighting gonna be. Here, I don't.

Interesting fact is that you have mixture of bots and humans against you, so you never know what you are up against. Treating everything with the same caution.

4, One potential problem I see in the bot+player mixing is maps with heavy foliage. Bots shoot right through it, humans cant see you. So this means you cant rely on lying down in some forest expecting the (human) enemy to not see you. Might be annoying in the future, because I usually adapt my playing style towards bots OR human players.

But it was great fun altogether. I see a lot of potential in this.

Logistically it makes sense to leave the PvPvE server on at weekends or specific dates. Because otherwise we might end up with two servers filled with <20 people and will  slowly kill our community.

• Upvote 5

I don't exactly know which difficulty setting was on this time, but I felt that they were too extreme.

One example I had was on Ulyanovsk, hiding in a pillbox. The same second I peeked my head through the windows, about 6-7 rifles would open fire at the same time. And since this pillbox was in the forest, of course I had no chance of firing back.

Or another example on Khamisiyah. I was laying prone on northern part of Chemical, watching through the steel bridge towards Bunker complex. A bot waltzed into my scope picture and before I could even fire a shot, he downed me with two bullets. This was about 250-300m away.

I feared the bot infantry more than the players because I know what a player usually is capable to do.

Anyways, just kinda felt like sharing this. Would be nice if this went somewhere

• Upvote 3

On 6/25/2022 at 3:40 AM, =VG= The_Polish_Guy said:

This might be interesting for some players but for most it's just annoying when a bot gets in the gunner seat. From what I have seen there's no point of using bots as gunners in any vehicle except parked jeeps, as they are never as effective as a player.

Edit: also the poll is kinda biased, there is no option for PvEvP only on weekends

The whole base of this thread was to make it all week, not just on the weekends.  So the poll reflects that.