Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

BF3 "Project Reality Mod" has been active

FatAlbert

Has anyone played the BF3 Reality Mod?  It's supposed to be the equivalent to BF2 Project Reality.

I had a chance to look at some of the youtube videos and decided to download the mod.  It's in it's infancy and I experienced some glitches.

As much as I loved Project Reality, I'm wanting something with modern graphics.  SQUAD would be a logical step, but I can't afford to buy it.

I already have BF3 and you can download the mod for free. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

That is very cool stuff!! I've been a walking zombie this year mostly, not surprised I missed the announcements of the public Alpha at the start of this year.

They have a Discord channel here: https://discord.com/invite/sNwbeHC

"...you’ll need a legitimate copy of Battlefield 3 and all the game’s DLCs on PC (Steam and Origin versions work)"

Found this awesome early reveal trailer, too:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Personally this is a very disappointing mod so far. Most of the things you see are the built in tools made by the team behind Venice Unleashed, they just added some UI changes and that's about it. It's basically BF Hardcore with PR HUD (from what I have seen anyway, I hope this improves and becomes bigger than PR but I don't have my hopes up)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

its destroyable walls tho

On 5/31/2022 at 7:48 PM, =VG= Connor said:

Personally this is a very disappointing mod so far. Most of the things you see are the built in tools made by the team behind Venice Unleashed, they just added some UI changes and that's about it. It's basically BF Hardcore with PR HUD (from what I have seen anyway, I hope this improves and becomes bigger than PR but I don't have my hopes up)

• Haha 1

On 7/18/2022 at 6:45 PM, KOVAC said:

From what I've seen so far, your graphics look great (does that mean they will be small maps?), I like the audio. I'm disappointed that the guns don't seem to kick, you shoot like 5 bullets and they hit the target at 30 meters, how is that possible?

Yeah I do agree, however, I hope they don't make it like BF2 PR guns. PR BF2 Gun mechanics are really trash. They aren't even that realistic but too realistic just isn't fun. I hope they go down Squads route and make it fun but also a challenge.

• Upvote 1