Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

TH0M's 2021 Java-Bali

TH0M

During a visit towards Bali's north side, stopped in one of the temple on mountain top next to a lake that used to be a volcanic crater. Overcast sky all the way till sundown which is a nice change after all the scorching sunlight from the journey days before, cold but comfy weather with thick fog, up till the road leading back to the place where i was staying.

20211112_115623.jpg

20211112_143002.jpg

20211112_144302.jpg

20211112_144841.jpg

• Like 10

bonus pic, my old ass shoes gave up after the first 1000km, right on my arrival in Bali, even though the ride wasn't that rough (aside from bad road condition here & there) the main inconvenience (for most people) was the monsoon season, rain with pretty high intensity on some sections of the journey (which i didn't mind at all, but still added couple of hours compared to all sunny day trip during the sunny season)

see you all later in game once my arms aren't as sore as they are

20211111_110533 R.jpg

• Like 7
  • VG Spirit 1

BROOOO I hate you :')... Bali has been in my heart for months now, and I'm simply waiting on beter covid times so I can go visit the beautiful Indonesian archipelago again... Between the breathtaking sights, people, food and culture, truly one of my most memorable places ever visited. Great pictures! Please share more :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

at the start of 2 weeks in the Cascade Mountains camping - though it wasn't monsoon season and so duck tape for the win!

exactly, never go anywhere without duck tape! never know when my girl wanna get kinky (i.e. my bike)
I've had those shoes for years, about time it got busted, it's just the shoes' way of saying "heck yeah, i'm not going back, i'm staying here!"

8 hours ago, =VG= Acro1 said:

BROOOO I hate you :')... Bali has been in my heart for months now, and I'm simply waiting on beter covid times so I can go visit the beautiful Indonesian archipelago again... Between the breathtaking sights, people, food and culture, truly one of my most memorable places ever visited. Great pictures! Please share more

i was thinking about asking for places you used to frequent just to make you hate me even more 😛
i was planning to stay longer as well and taking more pics but old crappy phone of mine just had enough juice for navigation, and sudden work opportunity cut my stay in Bali short.

I'll prep better gear for the next one and i think i'll go even further, across Bali & towards Lombok & some of the smaller islands, heard the beaches are even better and more secluded

• Like 1

Wow, it's definitely been awhile. Glad to hear your stories here.

AFAIK the farthest trip i did, is to from South Jakarta to Semarang and the next day, i went to Yogyakarta. 600km distance in total with car and breezy winds and short rainfall on toll roads~

But, that was a year ago if i'm not mistaken. Hope that i can get another trip Surabaya towards Bali some other time. My wishlist for travelling in future! ;)

Have fun, TH0M~ :) Hope to see you around again-

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...