Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Future coop event(s)

=VG= Melon Muncher

Event poll  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What event idea is the most appealing

• Irregular forces campaign (insurgents, militia, arf etc.)
    • I want to get easy kills with vehicles (vehicle warfare)
    • Infantry focused maps (like the last event)
    • Random ass maps (fun things that aren't really in the scope of reality)
    • Just normal maps. Your maps are always broke melon
    • Normal style maps. (Mix of vehicles and inf, different to normal PR though)
    • Objective based event (like ramiel)
    • None of these
  2. 2. Was the the requirements to capture flags on Ramiel too confusing?

• Yes
    • No
    • I just wanted to anger deathdealer
  3. 3. On khamisiyah and Gaza the bots stop spawning when the flag started to move. Did you like this?

• Yes (removed the spawn camping)
    • No (made the flags too easy)
    • Didn't notice
  4. 4. Were the bots too easy?

• Yes (seemed easier than normal PR)
    • No
  5. 5. Did you find defending the flags too easy?

• Yes (need stronger opposition like vehicles)
    • No (it was a good balance)
    • No (It was a cakewalk)
  6. 6. Where did you think the bots were the weakest?

• Close range (>50m)
    • Long range (<50m)
    • very close (>10m)

Hey guys, quick poll on what sort of events you'd like to see next as well as thoughts from the last one

I'd like to put some more time into the next one, last one was a bit rushed (I couldn't even get the timezone right)

If anyone wants to add further feedback it's always good

Also, if anyone in the community wants to organise an event I'm happy to help out where I can.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

For me the Ramiel event was probably the best because it was quite a challenge to defend the Black Hawk crash sites with only a few infantry at times.

The other three events were a bit too easy for the skill base we had on the night but ramping up the Bots would fix that issue.

I liked the idea of no spawning on the SL, which gives the TRANS squad more to do bringing players back to the front-lines, that was great.

Yes you could add more vehicles or CAS but THEN it would probably turn into a CAS festival with very little for the infantry to do.

We could do a Desert Storm event on Kashan or Khamisiyah, Tank Battalions, APC Battalions, AAVs, Logistical Support (TRANS & Logis) and Infantry to cap flags or bunkers. against MiG-29's and SU-25s, and a decent opposing Armored Division.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Just saying that if the files were compressed using the "self-extracting" option then a double click is all that's needed to extract the files. No "un-zipping" software needed. 
I still can't work out why there is/was an issue with the event files. I got 7 WIN installed and it worked fine. Just not in time to get into the match. (sad face)

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Skiddles said:

Just saying that if the files were compressed using the "self-extracting" option then a double click is all that's needed to extract the files. No "un-zipping" software needed. 
I still can't work out why there is/was an issue with the event files. I got 7 WIN installed and it worked fine. Just not in time to get into the match. (sad face)

Yup that's why I always install the maps well before the event and test them in local to see if they work.

• Sad 1

On 11/7/2021 at 12:13 AM, =VG= Kavelenko said:

For me the Ramiel event was probably the best because it was quite a challenge to defend the Black Hawk crash sites with only a few infantry at times.

The other three events were a bit too easy for the skill base we had on the night but ramping up the Bots would fix that issue.

I dont see meloni or Death ..HEHE...so count 2 more in there but Great turn out guys!!

1096775428_Screenshot(16).png.417e830ee9a1190514ca2bb23895deda.png

Well done, I think....My eyes still hurt from the first map, but crank up the brightness

I think everyone had a GOOD time..Very nice weekend get together 

I would like to try insurgency maybe...Dont they get to arrest people??

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 1:35 PM, Skiddles said:

Very ergonomic indeed, though this usually means you'll have to download and run an EXE-file, which may cause your antivirus/antimalware to go into Def Con 5 and block execution. Google Chrome, as well as other browsers probably, will also throw red flags when you try to download an indie-created EXE-file and (depending on your security settings) may outright prevent you from downloading it.  This is one reason why data is usually shared as non-self-extracting zip/rar/7z archives.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Event was very fun on every map. So huge thanks to Melon for making the maps and to everyone for playing.

I love the idea of cutoff infantry defending a crash site and waiting for others to come help. So would like to see more maps like this in the future events.

The only problem I noticed was that only on certain objectives we were actually fighting enemies. For example on Khami we killed maybe 10 enemies in the bunkers on the western side. If we could have more consistent numbers on each flag that would be great. (Not talking about Ramiel bc I was stuck on one flag for most of the time)

Also loved Masirah for ability to attack from two directions and the idea of clearing AA sites for TRANS support.

In general, great event please more.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My 2 cents:

Ramiel was a great design. Even though I am a person that likes tactical freedom, I like levels that force you to walk through "corridors" and protecting assets. I remember an event map where we had one tank and only it could capture flags and we had to protect it. That was great.

Here you tried doing the same. And I saw one squad going for the desired cap order. While my squad, for example, was being flown in to one of the crash sites were we just sat around doing nothing. I kinda felt sad, that I couldn't go for the natural cap order.

My point being here is that you have two options to "force" people into playing the map how you want it to:

1) Do a premap briefing where you quickly talk the do's and dont's of each map, because most guys simply wont read your forum descriptions. Or at least make sure beforehand in the event thread, that you have prechosen squadleaders who have read and understood what the maps are about. Something like that.

2) Force the ppl through choice of assets. On Ramiel it might have been good to have 1-2 Humvees right from the beginning, because it appeared ppl were just too lazy to walk all that way from main to first cap point. And it might have been a good idea to let trans spawn with a heavy delay, so people get bored and stop lazily standing around main waiting for someone to take them by the hand.

People are sheep and you need to herd them the right way. Do so more forcefully in the future,

And thanks for making events. I really enjoy them.