Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR Zombies?

=VG= Zeee

Ok.... so... hear me out.

On a good cqc inf map with slow flag cap (maybe at night 👀) No Vehicles
100+ bots that sprint with knives/other stuff at max difficulty if that even changes anything with knives
vs
20-40 players with pistols/other stuff idk

Haz something like this been done? is their a mod already for this?
Any thoughts? something to add to my tired brain came up with in 15 seconds?

i mean if not we can just play L4D2 🤯

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’ve suggested something similar before to X0R, the only difference is we would have 1 flag to defend and they come in waves and we can build defences like HMGs to help defend against more that come. But yes yours is cool too, anything zombie would be so sick 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Once I went to some Ukrainian PvE server, there were several more players and a maximum of bots at maximum settings. There was a map of "Gaza". The four of us held the house of pain until we simply ran out of bullets) It was simply impossible to go down from the second floor to the first))

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hmm, i've had similar idea not about the zombies but defending a flag, against incoming enemies.

Spoiler

aSBp8wC.png

I was remaking 2042 map for it to be playable with existent pr models, quite have not finished it yet since doing maps almost from scratch aint that easy.

I had this kind of idea of having main in middle of the map, with default slow ticket bleed for opfor that would be probably calculated around hour and a half with enemy casualties. 
The further you get out from your man the more it will be harder for you to capture the flag and obviously the last ones would be uncapable.

Spoiler

WAMkkuv.png

The question is, if this is following the rules of pr, the map idea is possible to make for an event since there are not any rules to limit though some people wanted attack and defend mode in normal pr.

I got sadly alot of projects in my hands atm and i slightly stopped working on this. Though cool idea.
I swear those bots have twice as much health when they pull out the knifes, it feels like enraged japanese with katanas out.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Zeee said:

Yes & Yes. And IIRC some dude who goes by thy name wrote a swarm logic subsystem years back to allow bots to dynamically swarm players like 'zombies' might, It was a sort of Survival Conquest mode.

But yeah fantastic idea 🤗

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Zeee said:

Ok.... so... hear me out.

On a good cqc inf map with slow flag cap (maybe at night 👀) No Vehicles
100+ bots that sprint with knives/other stuff at max difficulty if that even changes anything with knives
vs
20-40 players with pistols/other stuff idk

Any thoughts? something to add to my tired brain came up with in 15 seconds?

i mean if not we can just play L4D2 🤯

There was a good zombie project for PR as I remember since 2014 but it was cancelled idk why 

• Sad 1

When you plan a zombie event, you need few humans on the botteam.

It is possible to make a map in a Resident Evil style like pushing a button on the northeast corner of the map to open a door at the southwest corner. Triggerables is the magic word but i dont know how many you can have after patch BF2 1.5 and PR Binary changes. I remember it was at least 14 Triggerables but maybe you can do more ..... After Bf2 patch 1.5 we are able to have more than 300 destructable objects in a map. Before patch 1.5 it was 18 or so.

It would make fun with random objectspawners and 30+ self made soldier kits. The kits spawn randomly on a map (like ammocaches - Insurgency) and the SURVIVORS have to find them.

You would also be able to todo amazing stuff with the wrench (or better the gamemmechanic of it) in such zombie mods or the grappling hook would be really usefull.

Someone ever played the old Bf2 Omnicide mod?

• Like 1
  • VG Spirit 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

When you plan a zombie event, you need few humans on the botteam.

It is possible to make a map in a Resident Evil style like pushing a button on the northeast corner of the map to open a door at the southwest corner. Triggerables is the magic word but i dont know how many you can have after patch BF2 1.5 and PR Binary changes. I remember it was at least 14 Triggerables but maybe you can do more ..... After Bf2 patch 1.5 we are able to have more than 300 destructable objects in a map. Before patch 1.5 it was 18 or so.

It would make fun with random objectspawners and 30+ self made soldier kits. The kits spawn randomly on a map (like ammocaches - Insurgency) and the SURVIVORS have to find them.

You would also be able to todo amazing stuff with the wrench (or better the gamemmechanic of it) in such zombie mods or the grappling hook would be really usefull.

Someone ever played the old Bf2 Omnicide mod?

Ugh i need this now that sounds so cool

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/9/2021 at 5:32 PM, =VG= Fastjack said:

Someone ever played the old BF2 Omnicide mod?

Notifying thread followers that my BF2 Community is inviting VG PR players to this weekend's Halloween Event on the Zombie Co-op Omnicide Mod for Battlefield 2! (and also Pirates 2 the following day :3)

It's co-op only, when you get infected you become a zombie - there are "escape" maps where there's a path to complete to clear the round, and "survival" maps where it's just killing zombies until timer runs out, or y'all get infected.

HOPE TO SEE YOU SATURDAY 30th October starting 21:00 CEST (or even earlier for that matter, there are limited slots); all information on the event is in here 😄 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1