Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Project Reality Low Fps

RonJeremmy

Hello everyone im RonJeremmy from PR. I started playing PR like a week ago but i'm having a fps issue about the game. I'm having this issue on high terrain quality maps -buildings, trees etc.- such as Omaha. My specs are;

-GT 430 1GB DDR3

-4GB DDR3 RAM 800MHz

-Intel Xeon E5405 2.00Ghz default 2.30Ghz   overclocked

I'm playing the game on lowest settings and at 1280x1024 resolution. Am i the only one who is facing this issue? And is there any way to fix it? Waiting for your helps. 

PR is sometimes a bit bitchy with the big maps... but your system doesn't even meet the minimum requirements. and these are so low that you can't play well with them.

Minimum System Requirements

• CPUIntel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
  • VRAM512 MB
  • RAM3 GB

sometimes i got a little trouble with an i3 3.3ghz 16gb ddr3 1333 and a 4gb1050ti

with an i5 4ghz turbo and 8gb ddr3 1600 and the same 1050ti everything is fine.

hard to say if its only your cpu-clockrate or everything because 800mhz is very slow for ram...

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ASAP Xelah said:

I got an RTX and a 12 core processor :) I can guarantee you I can't see neither frame drops or freezes. Might be your pc specs. 

As already stated, there are some "slightly glitchy maps" that could get your fps low, I suggest to go with some lower res, just to try.

Much love :D

47 minutes ago, KevinBrute said:

Try playing in even lower resolution like 800x600. That's what I used to play in when I still have my old laptop which was only an Intel Core i3 and the pathetic Intel HD Graphics. With the old specs, I got roughly about 20-30 fps. And the Fallujah map was always a nightmare...

On lower resolutions you know u can't see enemy even on 100 meters that's why i'm playing on the highest resolution. But after all of this i think im gonna lower it.

On 8/22/2021 at 6:48 PM, RonJeremmy said:

On lower resolutions you know u can't see enemy even on 100 meters that's why i'm playing on the highest resolution. But after all of this i think im gonna lower it.

Eh I understand.. but you either choose performance or better res :D or time to get a new pc

On 8/21/2021 at 7:25 PM, ASAP Xelah said:

I got an RTX and a 12 core processor :) I can guarantee you I can't see neither frame drops or freezes. Might be your pc specs. 

It doesn’t matter the specs, you will drop below 60 at some point in PR. So I HIGHLY doubt you don’t see dips in your FPS. I also have an RTX and only a 6 core processor but the CPU ( @X0R let me know that PR doesn’t even use more than 1 thread so it really doesn’t matter how fast your CPU is) won’t do much for PR when it’s this old and maps are as un-optimised as they are

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Connor said:

It doesn’t matter the specs, you will drop below 60 at some point in PR. So I HIGHLY doubt you don’t see dips in your FPS. I also have an RTX and only a 6 core processor but the CPU ( @X0R let me know that PR doesn’t even use more than 1 thread so it really doesn’t matter how fast your CPU is) won’t do much for PR when it’s this old and maps are as un-optimised as they are

I don't know what to say, I always got my fps counter on from NVIDIA, and it's stacked a 150 fps. I never saw any drops (maybe 1 fps to 149 :D ) may depends on various factors I guess?

2 hours ago, ASAP Xelah said:

I don't know what to say, I always got my fps counter on from NVIDIA, and it's stacked a 150 fps. I never saw any drops (maybe 1 fps to 149 :D ) may depends on various factors I guess?

Well PR is hard capped to 100, so it’s funny you are somehow getting 150 lol...

10 minutes ago, =VG= STARK said:

Can unlock FPS by using console command .   game.lockfps 500 will raise limit to 500fps or 150 or 200 . Choose your limit. Doesn`t stop the frame drops though : )

Now we can't catch him in his lies!!!! he will pretend that he used this command now.... tsk tsk Stark

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ASAP Xelah said:

I don't have any reason to lie :D I wouldn't even reply

No worries, but if whatever FPS counter you have that says you are getting 150FPS in PR without using console commands to unlock the FPS above 100, then this tool is misreporting FPS

12 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

No worries, but if whatever FPS counter you have that says you are getting 150FPS in PR without using console commands to unlock the FPS above 100, then this tool is misreporting FPS

Mh? Where did I say that? The only way to get above that cap is to use the console command whenever you join a server, and as I said, personally I never have any fps drops. I saw that a lot of people have that problem. Maybe it's related to OS? Drivers? No idea

12 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

then this tool is misreporting FPS

There's the nvidia performance counter thats shows cpu/gpu usage and lot of stuff you can customize, also you can add the fps counter that is 100% accurate :) I don't really know how to activate it, if I'm not wrong it's related to GeForce Experience, not really sure, I have all the Nvdia Drivers updated