Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Stryker MGS - M1128 Mobile Gun System

R-CON LangMaster

Hey there, it's me again, the one who keeps spamming this webpage.
I am making a whole new thread since i am right now working again on something else and not maps for PR, i have finished couple maps now and think i am good for a while now, if you haven't heard the next coming map for pr will be Black Gold Large. it's gonna be possibly in the next update, not in the hotfix

Well back to the main topic, i am trying to get my skills of modeling slightly higher, and possibly maybe even make the model live into the game. I know there is bunch of other vehicles i could choose from than this 8 wheel monster thing. But first i wanna do something i enjoy, and maybe if it's gonna actually make it into the game, i might focus onto some vehicles that are actually needed to be added into the game. But still don't get your head up too early, Even though adak beta large was also impossible at start, maybe it's gonna have the same result, who knows i am a wizard.  

Turret Left

Spoiler

Rkd3gNf.png

Turret Right

Spoiler

9Evyb3K.png

Blueprint bs. 

Spoiler

W6rzbyt.png

Side View

Spoiler

63i9ndG.png

Whole Vehicle

Spoiler

2FX3UN3.png

• Like 6
  • Upvote 5

Slight update on the model, turret tris has been reduced from 8k to 6k nondestructively so the model has same quality just optimalized.

Spoiler

PENK6bm.png

Spoiler

6djdH4Q.png

This is how the machine gunner port should look, i didn't modeled that yet. just a sketch.

Spoiler

4sDuqQG.png

Another update, right now i am trying to doing finishing moves, dev team wants me to optimize this thing more, so i gotta do some optimizing, for now i am gonna try do a way high poly version with every single edge or nail on the metal, then i am gonna convert the shadows and lighting onto the texture it self so it's gonna look like it is still there but in final model it is not, and that texture is gonna be then placed onto a low poly model.

• Like 2

Well, i seem to be getting close in terms of model and optimization i've decided to make extremely detailed high polygon model, and then make a texture out of it (normal map) which makes the original model look high detailed.
E2ytcvz.png

As you can see with the red lines, it looks like it is modeled in but actually not, it is just a ''normal map'' which tells the game where the light should reflect or not and it makes it look like it is modeled, all this will make it look better with 0 performance loss.
TXzdwrP.png

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Little update for those who don't look at pr forums or discord. 
Say hello to my little friend, i have recently acquired the models of in game stryker so i am modifying the in game original striker hull to the MGS model, it still needs alot of changes though, the turret is pretty much finished though it still is missing some labels like case ejection in the back, same with the cage, the final question will be about textures and shaders which can actually be used within the game because i am using quite alot of blender tricks to make details without performance impact.
1DZm1cc.png
YwED4LX.png

eA7Rgkc.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, =VG= Acro1 said:

If you want, I can have a look at optimising your model further. Got a whole set of imported PR meshes that I optimised for use in instructional videos :D  Blender is bae ❤️

I need to find the person who made this stryker hull first though, cause my detailist second me is dying inside, i am not sure if it was the converter they used fault or something else, if i would have known, i would just use my hull. 
Also i think i got everything set up pretty good, Blender magic does things, though the cage and all might be a problem, it is a very heavy asset with all the arnaments. Especially the randomly shaped turret in every single way. If i would use the american measurement, my MGS Stryker has two and a half tris of normal ingame apc stryker.

Also driving this thing without a commander view with the cage is gonna be the funniest shit ever.

• 1 month later...
Spoiler

djCH8Xj.png

Spoiler

2p3nJ7t.png

Spoiler

hxbBkvU.png

Spoiler

vWpHAqb.png

Look at this thing, god dayum brother. I can feel the bald eagles almost here and i live in europe. The textures are very plain and will get a bit more ''dirty'' feeling later on. Especially those skirts. Cage is done in terms of modelling. Hull is also done, the rest will be made via normal map so it will give the illusion and detail that is missing on most of the stuff without performance impact. I have ditched the hull that i have been given from the pr, i just decided to roll with my own hull, that is literally a pixel perfect realistic with real life stryker hull.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, =VG= Inch said:

Man, cannot wait to see this in-game. Cheers!

Using the existing model and modify it to fit the turret. Awesome stuff!

I wish i could do the same with PR Scorpions. But, i haven't done modelling in long time. :(

I have been given the models from the game from devs, but i have gave up with those, i am using only their wheels and some minor details i moved from their vehicle to mine, though i am a very detailist person and i have already worked on my hull before and it seems there is way too many small issues with the in game hull that are nonrealistic actually though obviously normal player wont notice, as example like the angle of the hull. So right now i am just sticking with my own hull and own turret and own cage with stolen wheels.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I took a bit step back and forward, changed the whole UV by hand for the turret which gives me way much more space and detail for textures that are easily visible, yesterday i played with this small detail which i am sure lot of tankers will love *bore rifling* :) 
i gotta put back the bolt details onto the turret, and for the final weathering. 

Spoiler

IVdx1C4.png

Spoiler

ztDIeat.png

Spoiler

1gNS1nV.png

Spoiler

Uz71CAL.png

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LangMaster said:

I took a bit step back and forward, changed the whole UV by hand for the turret which gives me way much more space and detail for textures that are easily visible, yesterday i played with this small detail which i am sure lot of tankers will love *bore rifling* :) 
i gotta put back the bolt details onto the turret, and for the final weathering. 

Reveal hidden contents

IVdx1C4.png

Reveal hidden contents

ztDIeat.png

Reveal hidden contents

1gNS1nV.png

Reveal hidden contents

Uz71CAL.png

Awesome job Lang, good work!

I did added some weathering now to the launch box, it looks pretty neat. 
Now i gotta fix some small glitches on the texture, misplaced colors and add a machine gun mount with shield and i should be pretty much done.!
Also it seems that the MGS is gonna also have animation for shell ejection as i have been asked to make a modeled doors at the back of the turret which is gonna be pretty neat :D I am sorry for the white background.
FwMxuZV.jpg
q5FvH3R.jpg
Hj5CnQu.jpg
K78n05z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...