Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

4.35 build 22546

Minrah

2 hours ago, Minrah said:

4.35 build 22546 is what I currently have as to what the forums say I should have to join the server

image.png

Is this what the forums somewhere for our server say?  I thought I had tracked down everything showing a 'version' and linked it to our new VG Wiki to finally rid us of that issue (forgotten posts all over the place not getting updated every time the sim updates)

If you have a link, I can fix it so no one else gets that same issue.  :hi: 

(Glad you got it sorted! Welcome back, Minrah!!)

unless it was just changed as i dont see the posting for it anymore, it was listed for 4.35 build 22546 and I couldnt connect, i checked out the BMS forums to see if any new update was available and it was so, got the 4.35 U1 and now I can connect but unable to commit to connecting to the online campaign, the area where VG server is listed under the online Campaign flickers on and off, both for online and offline campaign, so im not sure if its just me and something on my end or if its a known bug. I made another posting about it if you want to check it out.

and yeah good to be back flying again 😃

2 hours ago, Minrah said:

I made another posting about it if you want to check it out.

(sorry, I merged these two because they seemed connected enough...)

Yeah, the posts where edited as early as May of this year, which is what I was referring to -- found one thing, then decided to hunt down every reference I could to the version of BMS we host to link it to our VG Wiki or state clearly that we will always be running the very latest version of the sim or make a very visible notice as to why not.

Glad you got connected, that blinking issue rings a bell, but I can't recall where I heard it before.  Either way, once you're set up, you are good to go and that's the Falcon BMS way, amiright? hahah!

PAIN IN THE ASS to get in the door, but once you are in, you can come and go as you please for quite some time... until you stop, then have to get back in that door... then it's PAIN all over again!  BLuDKLoT and myself are sorta doing that this year as well - i've not flown in a year or two and same with him, and just getting controls set up again is a bitch and a half.  I think we left of with him still needing help with radar cursor, and I left off having issues with MFD extraction (using whatever I had setup before needing update or a new method).

Fun fun! 😩

We're starting a public VG Air Force with a path to VG Clan Membership for those interested, too - more casual than most VFW's or VFS's, and hopefully with some regular group events and training ops before too long.

See you around! (I am literally still back in offline ILS training, controls setup stage, but be back real soon!) 🍻 

9 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

Glad you got connected, that blinking issue rings a bell, but I can't recall where I heard it before.  Either way, once you're set up, you are good to go and that's the Falcon BMS way, amiright? hahah!

Yeah its this panel that pulses when you log in to the server, AFAIK it doesn't affect anything.

image.thumb.png.86c11594db6a5854e0074e4f1a145048.png

• Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Minrah said:

found it, in the link below is what i saw that I thought i was good to go on connecting to the server.

https://veterans-gaming.com/falcon-bms-434/

Thank you for the link!  I've gone ahead and turned it into a redirect to our VG Wiki Server Guide to Falcon BMS.

The whole idea is to funnel all information to one place to make it easier to edit when the server is updated.  We've been around for ten years, and pages pile up and spread out.  Just trying to get it under control and manageable.

Cheers! :coffee: