Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Setup for using HOTAS stick for UHF or VHF voice comms in VoiceAttack

MOKUM
Message added by =VG= SemlerPDX,

AUTHOR OF AVCS NOTE:  This post contains descriptions of setup & use of push to talk for UHF and VHF radios in AVCS4 BMS which are depreciated as of 2022.  Latest system in AVCS4 BMS (v1.41+) is intuitive -- just say, "Set a Push to Talk Button", or "Edit a Push to Talk Button".  It will guide users to simply push the joystick/keyboard/mouse button they wish to set (up to 6 total PTT buttons), and work automatically in the background.  No manual editing of the AVCS4 BMS profile is required beyond including AVCS CORE commands into it (as described in the Event Log during first-time initialization of AVCS CORE + AVCS4 BMS).

Thanks for checking out my VoiceAttack profiles!!      -SemlerPDX  Nov/Dec 2022

Not sure if this helps anybody, still:

I use VoiceAttack but all the voice comms where done with/through UHF, or VHF, depending on the joystick button I assigned on my HOTAS (Thrustmaster Cougar) i.e. in VA Joystick button 20, or 21.

I had in mind to use both Comms buttons - UHF and VHF - on the HOTAS stick for specific voice commands through the required channel (UHF, or VHF). So, voice comms for the Tower, Tanker, AWACS etc. are done with UHF and internal flight communication (voice comms for the Wingman and Element) are broadcasted with VHF.

I have made a setup in VoiceAttack and it works for me to use the HOTAS stick and choose the required comms channel (UHF or VHF) to give the specific voice command.

Note: with this setup in VA for the HOTAS stick on both UHF and VHF all VA voice commands are broadcasted. With this setup it only makes it a bit more realistic to choose the specific broadcast channel to give a voice command.

UHF-VHF with HOTAS in VA.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hey Mokum,

Howzit going? I still use Sem's profile to work my Mic switches on the HOTAS Warthog, not sure how different they are to the Cougar but it works fine for me even though its an old profile. Press up for UHF, down for VHF.

image.thumb.png.e867cf5e52ed9777f7fb9ab4479f4216.png

I also use the pinky switch to provide me with a shifted layer so I can adjust the Harrier exhaust controls using the Mic switch, shift + up to increase exhaust angle and shift + down to decrease etc. If I do shift + forward on the mic switch it gives me 50° exhaust angle for STOL and pushing back reduces it to zero, very handy for take offs and landings.

AUTHOR OF AVCS NOTE:  The above description of setup & use of push to talk for UHF and VHF radios in AVCS4 BMS is depreciated.  Latest system in AVCS4 BMS (v1.41+) is intuitive -- just say, "Set a Push to Talk Button", or "Edit a Push to Talk Button".  It will guide users to simply push the joystick/keyboard/mouse button they wish to set (up to 6 total PTT buttons), and work automatically in the background.  No manual editing of the AVCS4 BMS profile is required beyond including AVCS CORE commands into it (as described in the Event Log during first-time initialization of AVCS CORE + AVCS4 BMS).

Thanks for checking out my VoiceAttack profiles!!      -SemlerPDX  Nov/Dec 2022

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 11/30/2022 at 1:00 AM, MOKUM said:

Import issue VA-profile: AVCS Falcon BMS Radios (v1.41)

Happy to help!  Seems that you do not have AVCS CORE - that error message is actually trying to say this, but for some reason there is a file path making it longer, and harder to read:

UNABLE TO CHANGE PROFILE TO PROFILE, 'AVCS CORE (v1.11)' (BY NAME). PROFILE NOT AVAILABLE.

As noted in the AVCS4 BMS Download Page, AVCS CORE is required for all my AVCS4 game profiles - presently only publicly available releases are AVCS4 BMS and AVCS4 RON (Ready or Not):

About This File

*Please be sure to download the AVCS CORE Profile from this download section as well, it is now a requirement for any AVCS4 game profile I release, such as the upcoming Elite Dangerous profile, and more... 

DOWNLOAD:  AVCS CORE

AVCS CORE is a hub profile that loads and updates AVCS4 profiles, and provides common operations relative to the environment, such as BMS for example - these systems include a user settings "Save File System", a fast-keypress/macro maker called "Quick Command Creator" or QCC for short, an optional voice passphrase confirmation system called "Voice Authorization System" or VAS, and more.

VoiceAttack will need to be run as Administrator in order for these files such as user save file to write/overwrite as needed, since these files/folders reside in the VA Apps folder, under the programs folder for VA itself.  Be sure to follow instructions once you have AVCS CORE and AVCS4 BMS initialized for the first time - the event log of VoiceAttack will direct you to include AVCS CORE profile commands into the AVCS4 BMS profile through its profile options menu.

Any questions or issues, let me know!  :hi: 

4 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

Happy to help!  Seems that you do not have AVCS CORE - that error message is actually trying to say this, but for some reason there is a file path making it longer, and harder to read:

UNABLE TO CHANGE PROFILE TO PROFILE, 'AVCS CORE (v1.11)' (BY NAME). PROFILE NOT AVAILABLE.

As noted in the AVCS4 BMS Download Page, AVCS CORE is required for all my AVCS4 game profiles - presently only publicly available releases are AVCS4 BMS and AVCS4 RON (Ready or Not):

DOWNLOAD:  AVCS CORE

AVCS CORE is a hub profile that loads and updates AVCS4 profiles, and provides common operations relative to the environment, such as BMS for example - these systems include a user settings "Save File System", a fast-keypress/macro maker called "Quick Command Creator" or QCC for short, an optional voice passphrase confirmation system called "Voice Authorization System" or VAS, and more.

VoiceAttack will need to be run as Administrator in order for these files such as user save file to write/overwrite as needed, since these files/folders reside in the VA Apps folder, under the programs folder for VA itself.  Be sure to follow instructions once you have AVCS CORE and AVCS4 BMS initialized for the first time - the event log of VoiceAttack will direct you to include AVCS CORE profile commands into the AVCS4 BMS profile through its profile options menu.

Any questions or issues, let me know!  :hi: 

Thank you very much, sir! Missed that I had to download the AVCS Core. Your profile runs smoothly now. Thanks for the help  and making this wonderful VA-profile possible 🙂 👍. I also watched your YT-video 'AVCS4 BMS - VoiceAttack Profile - Push To Talk Mode Demonstration'. Also very helpful, since I'm rather new with your profile

• Like 1