Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Hovering Harriers

=VG= keed

Attacking with Harrier in VTOL mode  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Is it generally ok for you?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, System said:

What are you not up for?
The same realistic game mode where choppers hover 1 meter above ground moving between building on Muttrah, where bots always move in the same fashion and have 0 strategical/tactical capability? Or maybe that a Sherman tank does a horizontal 180 because it touched a fence at minimum speed? (the same feature you advocated to keep because it should be a learning curve for players and it's not fair that a !flip vehicle command should exist?)
This game is anything but real (despite the name), and removing a feature from it because it is "seems unreal" is just plain absurd.

There is not a single word about removing a feature, it still is a valuable method to take off from a carrier and land it back, and let me tell you hovering hueys one meter above the ground sounds way realistic and probable than seeing a stationary harrier litterally dropping bombs by his hands from a cockpit. and Sherman flipping 180 has nothing much to do with this since it is not an abusable to get an advantage against bots, and i think everyone has learned already to not drive over those, and hell no i don't want a !flip command even though thanks for XOR doing his code stuff.

2 minutes ago, LangMaster said:

There is not a single word about removing a feature, it still is a valuable method to take off from a carrier and land it back, and let me tell you hovering hueys one meter above the ground sounds way realistic and probable than seeing a stationary harrier litterally dropping bombs by his hands from a cockpit. and Sherman flipping 180 has nothing much to do with this since it is not an abusable to get an advantage against bots, and i think everyone has learned already to not drive over those, and hell no i don't want a !flip command even though thanks for XOR doing his code stuff.

"Still i am playing realistic game mode, and i am not really up for this." - your argument was "realistic game mode"
those were examples of unrealistic stuff you want to keep in game
Cobras hovering between buildings shooting stuff is not realistic, Shermans flipping like that is not realistic - your argument is "I do not want this it is unrealistic" making a contradiction, if your argument was "I don't want this it is overpowered" then it would not be contradicting your previous statements.

• VG Seal of Approval 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, System said:

"Still i am playing realistic game mode, and i am not really up for this." - your argument was "realistic game mode"
those were examples of unrealistic stuff you want to keep in game
Cobras hovering between buildings shooting stuff is not realistic, Shermans flipping like that is not realistic - your argument is "I do not want this it is unrealistic" making a contradiction, if your argument was "I don't want this it is overpowered" then it would not be contradicting your previous statements.

We all have been talking about it being not targeted by AI and so meant overpowered, and that it looks absolutely hilarious seeing it hover and dropping bombs, so please don't take my sentences where once miss to mention this being overpowered. I have my last words on this and i will not reply to what ever comes more, this poll has been decided already and i really have no time for this.

• Sad 1

I am simply pointing out where you contradicted yourself. You've obviously not taken the time to read what I said.

10 minutes ago, LangMaster said:

i really have no time for this.

Figures. But then don't reply at all, if you think I am a fool not worth discussing with/not worth your time.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, System said:

This game is anything but real (despite the name), and removing a feature from it because it is "seems unreal" is just plain absurd.

Agreed

im sure there are plenty other things that could be removed because they are unrealistic but then i remember that were playing a 16 year old game against bots it can only get so real 😩

The Harrier changes melon made low key fixed this because they hovered less and were alive less lol bring it back!!

• Upvote 2

On 5/30/2021 at 7:18 PM, LangMaster said:

not sure about the bots shooting at jets, i think that is a python thing and harrier would have to be tagged as a helicopter or something.

AI will only engage fixed wing aircraft when in any form off AA and/or AAA. Pavlovsk is especially easy. Infantry will not engage fixed wings, nor will any of the armor. Once all the AAA guns are destroyed on Pavlovsk, Harriers can VTOL around the map undisputed. 1 tap inf as you fly around, 50 or so rounds to the top of a BMP for the kill. EZPZ

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 2

On 6/1/2021 at 1:55 PM, LangMaster said:

We all have been talking about it being not targeted by AI and so meant overpowered, and that it looks absolutely hilarious seeing it hover and dropping bombs, so please don't take my sentences where once miss to mention this being overpowered. I have my last words on this and i will not reply to what ever comes more, this poll has been decided already and i really have no time for this.

Season 6 Episode 10 GIF by Parks and Recreation

On 6/1/2021 at 7:51 PM, Golden said:

Once all the AAA guns are destroyed on Pavlovsk, Harriers can VTOL around the map undisputed.

13 hours ago, Skiddles said:

The Harrier was hovering inside the sub pen, yes INSIDE, shooting enemy infantry while friendlies were trying to deal with armor outside

Meh, that is indeed lame... Do we already know of a confirmed working fix that could be considered? I'm not aware of what "Melon's fixes" actually implies.

1 hour ago, =VG= Acro1 said:

Meh, that is indeed lame... Do we already know of a confirmed working fix that could be considered? I'm not aware of what "Melon's fixes" actually implies.

He made it so the harrier was targetable by ground vehicles and RPG's when in hover mode also bots did not leave emplacements when players were not near so they were manned all the time. It was only done server side last time

• Upvote 1