Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

VG Dedicated Server Upgrade Plans

=VG= SemlerPDX

1 hour ago, =VG= BLuDKLoT said:

What happened to the MC server we had before? 

It went unused for a year, then some of the guys wanted to try another mod pack, then it went unused for another year or so...  We'll run it again if players want it, no worries there.  Would be best to wait for the new box just cuz we're kinda at capacity now, of course. 

:hi: 

(we keep copies of old MC worlds, too - got a few)

I've got more than a few world saves from various VG Minecraft servers over the years, but not the 'original' from when MC was new and some of the VG guys like CCCode and Poffadder made a huge server.  I think I got a pic of the map tho... not sure if this is the original 'original'

VG Old Minecraft Server.png

My favorite world we spun up was using an older version of Minecraft and a Mod Pack called 'Mod Sauce 2' which had so many mod packs, you'd never get bored... could automate pretty much everything, and build very, very large things once you have a stead flow of whatever blocks you build with.  Talking automated crafting tables feeding to yet other automated crafting tables to where you just take a stack of some high level item and it replaces itself from your stock by building more.

Sadly, when we had a less regular backup schedule, we lost about 6-8 weeks on that Mod Sauce world, for me it was a loss of many major builds including a completed 'Blood Magic' mod with all the toys that come with it, and mostly completed 'Thaumcraft' and 'Tinkers Construct' mods with all those toys, very cool ones, too.  Walked around it once after the restoration from backup and it just made me sad, all that work - some more about the destination than the journey when you gotta grind through the slog just to get to the fun/cool parts.

I loved my black castle!! Loved the 'dark' magic stuff I was getting into in the game, and have fond memories even though some of it was lost:
2016-12-07_12.18.53.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Man this makes me want to go back to the modded world me and my gf were playing for a while. Dragons, Teleporters, portal storage system that i had to connect to all my sotrage and then through a Link into a portal device so i could take and put in whatever and whereveri needed and MANY more mods. God minecraft is so good. I would be down to casually play if we ever spun up a new server!

If we do, i recommend Tekkit, you probably know of it but its all about machines and eventually going to the moon/mars and making space bases! 

• Upvote 1

On 5/19/2021 at 9:28 AM, LangMaster said:

I would like some exploration, rpg like, exping probably classes or professions.

Adding an economy would be nice too. if we could get specific jobs that no one else can get so they have to hire you to do it for them. 

Ex. 
- only Farmers can grow plants 
- only Lumber Jacks can cut trees
- only Carpenters can make buildings
etc.

this way we can make an Economy relying on a specific Job/Profession to meet our needs. it kinda adds some realism to the game. your not the jack of all trades xD 

(I'm not sure if theres a Mod the implements this directly but there is a mod out there that gives you Exp and ingame money if your doing your  Job/Profession and takes EXP and ingame money from you if you do stuff that isn't your Job/Profession) 

I forgot the name of the mod though sorry its been years (X_X)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Condrad said:

Adding an economy would be nice too. if we could get specific jobs that no one else can get so they have to hire you to do it for them. 

Ex. 
- only Farmers can grow plants 
- only Lumber Jacks can cut trees
- only Carpenters can make buildings
etc.

this way we can make an Economy relying on a specific Job/Profession to meet our needs. it kinda adds some realism to the game. your not the jack of all trades xD 

(I'm not sure if theres a Mod the implements this directly but there is a mod out there that gives you Exp and ingame money if your doing your  Job/Profession and takes EXP and ingame money from you if you do stuff that isn't your Job/Profession) 

I forgot the name of the mod though sorry its been years (X_X)

I am all up for this. Yes please. The thing is there is so many youtube videos out there that has exactly this but yet they don't specific which mods are they using.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...