Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Arma 3 Mike Force (TFAR BETA) Server

=VG= Sausag3

Also, Just a quick update on some of the latest news/developments on Mike Force:

1. Here is a quote of the latest news about mike force so far in SOGPF community's News letter week 21:

Mike Force News
There is not too much to say about Mike Force this week, developer Spoffy takes your feedback to heart and is working his arse off on the next Mike Force update! We did hear reports about some overenthusiastic ACAV personnel building castles in the sky that would fit better in a certain colourful battle royale game. Keep the enjoyment of others playing on the servers in mind guys, pilots take note!

2. There is also a post about the possibility of modifying Mike Force (In a limited way) from this post.

This can mean that we can modify some configuration files to suit our preferences (for example the snake bite chances and snake bite frequencies). However we have to stick to a strict policy of always keeping the mission up to date, not distributing the mission and only modifying must only be to the mission.sqm or a config file (.hpp, .inc, .ext). Code (.sqf) is totally off limits. 

This can also mean we can add our own markers on the map that are automatically placed every restart and is persistent (Can be useful for adding radio frequency information, The teamspeak server, the website and any other useful information on the map) 

3. I have made some recent additions to the VG Mike Force Player Guide on the Wiki, See Here

This may need abit of polishing though as I sort of dumped as much useful information as possible without worrying too much about the aesthetics of the wiki page. If anyone wants to volunteer to tidy it up and make it a little neater then be my guest, Thank you. 

That's pretty much it on news so far. I'll make sure to keep you guys in the loop again if there's anything else to add. 

• Thanks 1

Yesterday, we had a bug where ranks were reset, here is code to repair rank (obviously should not be abused by those with access)

Admins can increase a particular players rank via debug cmd:

//[player object, "rank", number of rank points] call vn_mf_fnc_change_player_stat
[allPlayers select {name _x == "Spoffy"}, "rank", 30] call vn_mf_fnc_change_player_stat

1 hour ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

Yesterday, we had a bug where ranks were reset, here is code to repair rank (obviously should not be abused by those with access)

//[player object, "rank", number of rank points] call vn_mf_fnc_change_player_stat
[allPlayers select {name _x == "Spoffy"}, "rank", 30] call vn_mf_fnc_change_player_stat

Happy Chris Pratt GIF

A little snippet of info about the snakes.

https://community.sogpf.com/threads/735-Snakes!

The following is a quote from Kozure:

"The setting for snake bites is in the settings.hpp file in the config\subconfig folder of the vn_mf_latest.cam_lao_nam.pbo file.

snakebitechance[] = {0.5,1}; // 50% chance to get bit if closer than 1m, 0.1 = 10%
snakebitefrequency[] = {300,300}; // Restrict snakes to biting once every 600s, with another 300s of reduced chance.

Before modification, if a snake comes within 1m of you, there is a 50% chance of it biting you. A snake can bite once every 600s, with 300s of reduced chance.

I modified it to this on my server:

snakebitechance[] = {0.05,1}; // 5% chance to get bit if closer than 1m, 0.1 = 10% (default 0.5)
snakebitefrequency[] = {600,300}; // Restrict snakes to biting once every 900s, with another 300s of reduced chance. (default 300,300)"

Does that answer your question?

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, PITN said:

A little snippet of info about the snakes.

https://community.sogpf.com/threads/735-Snakes!

I would simply be happy if they took damage like proper living things in the Armaverse so that going on the offensive is an option...
Season 4 Fighting GIF by The Simpsons

Destroying Sites in Mike Force.

In order to capture a zone in Mike Force players need to destroy all sites with a 1200 meter radius of the zones center point. This is true even if one zone overlaps a neighboring zone. A known issue is the site not clearing after all zones have been destroyed. The current theory is that if no infantry are in the zone and the CAS aircraft destroy everything this will prevent the zone from being captured and will stop any mission progression. Ground forces need to occupy the zone!

686579563_Sites1200mRadius.thumb.jpg.1472bdf2b37acbd6ab3da4428d596980.jpg

These sites include:

The Mortar

The AA Gun

The Headquarters (HQ) Ammo Boxes

Destroying the mortar is quite simple really. You can just shoot it with your rifle and for the ED guys explosives work too.

mortar.thumb.jpg.29af128f92d5b46a97060a2bd1f54d9d.jpg

When it comes to the AA gun you have several choices. Placed explosives, thrown explosives/incendiaries, and projectile explosives. Most of these explosives are not available until the player gains more rank on the server. Placed explosives are simple and I always recommend using a timer when placed. They are the best option for being stealthy however they have been unreliable in destroying the AA Gun or Ammo Box with just one explosive. Note that in Vanilla ArmA you cannot place explosives in water and for that we need to use another option.

828460894_AAinWater.thumb.jpg.a6a159c9f1f2686cd599afcf816359f3.jpg

So we destroy the AA Gun with a throw-able or projectile type explosive. This type of explosive should be an Anti-Tank type. i.e. HEAT or HEDP type rounds. The LAW is available to all levels while the M1 Carbine grenade launcher and HEAT grenade are a few ranks higher. The M79 with HEDP comes in at Major I believe and the RKG-3 HEAT grenade at Colonel. You can also find the RKG-3 HEAT grenade on enemy bodies and they are very powerful so don't throw it short. When using a projectile type explosive and to ensure a 100% success rate with just one shot your aim point will be the ammo boxes located on the sides of the AA gun.

1387687666_HEATChoicesFinal.thumb.jpg.021dff3a192219428e8b714193b27956.jpg

In a pinch you can use the M14 Incendiary grenade and ArmA coats their grenades in rubber so they bounce like crazy. But we can adjust to that. Just stand about 15-20 meters away from the AA gun at an oblique angle. Your crosshair aim point is where the closest wheel touches the ground. See off-white circle in the image. When thrown the grenade should hit slightly higher with the goal to have the grenade strike the AA gun below the guns receivers, behind the ammo boxes and above the turret base. See RED circle in image. The grenade should bounce into the various mechanisms and land on the turret base or the ground directly below it. The M14 Incendiary has a large burn radius and will cause damage and death to you and anyone nearby.

1825694627_AAAimPointFinal.thumb.jpg.1cef43880206e53fca4b0b40ef0f68f3.jpg

The HQ is quite easy. Just blow up the three ammo boxes. The radio and mounted guns do not count and can be ignored (I just shoot or dismantle the static MGs before I leave so I don't get shot in the back by a passing AI). You can use any of the previously mentioned explosives or, in a pinch, the static MG guns at the HQ site can destroy an ammo box after a few magazines are shot into it.

1566777535_HQCratesFinal.thumb.jpg.c160628afe26191dc799856a979bcb35.jpg

There are a few bugs however. The site may have had the ammo boxes fall through the terrain and ending up under the map. This makes them unreachable and it can occur with any of the sites. This usually happens if the AA gun spawns in the river, sea or rocks and sometimes the ammo boxes will also fall through the terrain. An admin in Zeus can fix that by using the 2d map view, selecting the suspected site item, and using the 'END' key to destroy that item. The other bug is where the site doesn't clear when all objectives are met. One version of this error is client side. The player can use ESC to return to the lobby and rejoining the game should fix that issue. If not then it may be server side and the best option then is to have the admin login and use Zeus to execute this command:

["zone_ba_ria"] call vn_mf_fnc_zones_capture_zone;

where "zone_ba_ria" is "zone_cityname_zone" etc.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Lately I've been taking down entire AOs by creating a FOB with only situation room, medical tent (might try it without this), and checkpoint, making sure it is located outside the AO. Transport 5 large supplies in with one ammo crate, and that gives you approx 18 hours. The next step is to use a little bird to set up check points around the AO that last perhaps 2-3 hours, these enable you to spawn in quickly if you get hammered and saves a lot of walking. Once I'm inside the red zones, I switch to RTO and call in air strikes once I get visuals on AA, or HQ targets. So I use a basic rule, if I cannot see a target I dont use the RTO, if its dark I sneak up on an AA or artillery point blank and plant charges. Another technique is to when you go down close to a target hit D and you can crawl closer, set off charges you didn't get a chance to detonate or even call in an air strike on top of you!

• Haha 1

Just now, PITN said:

So when you are downed and wounded hitting "D" allows you to still function for a few moments longer?

Yes, you cannot stand up but you can crawl until you pass out, and then hit D again, this is what I do when I dont have enough first aid kits to withstand.

13 hours ago, =VG= Kavelenko said:

if its dark I sneak up on an AA or artillery point blank and plant charges

This is very effective. If you suppress your weapons you will have an easy time clearing entire AOs by yourself. Nighttime + RTO + Silenced Sten is easy mode. You can sneak up to enemies and melee them, it's insane.

• Like 1

Hey guys, I have been busy this week so I haven't been on. I was wondering when another mike force event will take place. I am really enjoying the community here and had a great time last Saturday. I thought there would be more of a training aspect but it was fun to just play and learn at the same time. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey @PITN, @=VG= ciro et al,

I had an question from a random player on the Mike Force Server who was having problems logging into the game. He said he updated CBA mod and it keeps kicking him out.

I noticed the mod list has changed slightly, is there anyone who can check what's going on there? I had a similar fault but I managed to get back in the server ok, cant remember what the hell I did to fix it but I notice TFAR is not working the way it used to.

cheers,

Kav

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Rhino66 said:

Hi can u please help ive been playing mike force worked my way up to captain to fly cas and today when playing my ranking has been reduced to private can u please reinstate my rankings please  ive worked for hours to get that far please help my call sighn is RHINO and I play on the Aussie server 

EDIT:  We don't have an "Aussie server".  We have a single dedicated server in Germany and we are hosting a single Mike Force SOG mission on it.  (well, we have two at the moment, but that's not relevant).  Didn't catch that last bit... first cup of coffee, woke up late...  You'll want to contact the owners of the server you play on, but that being said, what I wrote below is likely what they will say to you:

Rankings are gonna reset.  It's just gonna happen.

From bugs to server restarts, this is not something we can control or are willing to directly support.

Best advice is to use the Arsenal system to save loadouts based on Rank - so you have an entry level kit(s) and some higher level stuff saved and ready for whatever rank you are currently.

Also, IIRC, there is no restriction to available vehicles to pilot based on rank.  Just join the Green Hornets squad while near the Duty Officer, and enjoy any aircraft at the airbase.  Has this changed?  I have not been online in awhile...

You can even fly the choppers when not in Green Hornets if you get in the co-pilot seat, last time I played anyway.

Best wishes and good luck!  Hope to see you and others on the server soon, looking forward to some more free time for Arma in August! :drinks: 

• Like 1