Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

New Arma 3 Server?

=VG= Connor

New Server  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like this too?

• Yeah!
    • Nah!
    • I don't play Arma but I want to vote anyway :)

This poll is closed to new votes

*FOR THE RECORD - This has officially become a vote for use of the VG Arma 3 Liberation Server slot... If you enjoy Liberation instead, your vote should be "Nah!" above to help us gauge interest.  If Liberation is that well liked, we may have to revisit other options to bring it back at a later date when we have space for more servers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm down! I downloaded the DLC last night and played a round of coop with some randoms. It was night and all I had was my M2 and a flashlight. Some spare mags, and a medkit. NVA tracers from the trees are the scariest shit. Oh and friendly CAS wiped our whole team on accident towards the end haha. Just like PR!

• Haha 2

Just 1 question: Some servers use TFAR, which can be really nice and add to the experience, but there are also a lot of players that don't use it when they join and TFAR removed the vanilla VOIP from working, therefore they cannot talk, only type. Just something to think about! 

In short:
TFAR = Bit more hardcore but requires people to use Teamspeak and not everyone knows how to use TFAR, can be confusing.
Vanilla = Anyone can talk but obvioulsy not as "realistic" and proxy comms are trash in Vanilla Arma (SUPER QUIET)

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Connor said:

Just 1 question: Some servers use TFAR, which can be really nice and add to the experience, but there are also a lot of players that don't use it when they join and TFAR removed the vanilla VOIP from working, therefore they cannot talk, only type. Just something to think about! 

In short:
TFAR = Bit more hardcore but requires people to use Teamspeak and not everyone knows how to use TFAR, can be confusing.
Vanilla = Anyone can talk but obvioulsy not as "realistic" and proxy comms are trash in Vanilla Arma (SUPER QUIET)

Prefer ACRE2 myself, more realistic and all that. And the radio's are actually fun to look at as well as have a 3D model you can move around in your hands to adjust radio stuff and volume, etc. 

• Like 1

I'm working on it now.  Basically, the task is to enable the creatordlc branch on this server so that people WITHOUT the Prairie Fire DLC can join.  This will force them to download and install the mod which allows playing with other owners of the DLC without owning it themselves, and if they have APEX Edition, this will happen automagically when attempting to join the server.

After I am done with these systems, I will then be handing it off to PITN who will find and configure a playable mission, and likely handle the day-to-day and config decisions.

:hi: 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2477276806

• Thanks 1

Server is online for testing.  Current mission by/from Ciro - Insurgency Malden.

Expected to test:  Can players with this DLC join and does the mission work?  Can players without DLC join (and therefore DL the VN mod ID# 2477276806?)

I'm not sure if I can test at this time, I have a few things to do this afternoon, so I'll try later - but anyone can test before then - server is online.

🍻 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

Server is online for testing.  Current mission by/from Ciro - Insurgency Malden.

Expected to test:  Can players with this DLC join and does the mission work?  Can players without DLC join (and therefore DL the VN mod ID# 2477276806?)

I'm not sure if I can test at this time, I have a few things to do this afternoon, so I'll try later - but anyone can test before then - server is online.

🍻 

Can't seem to find the Server on Apex Browser or in-game, me and @=VG= Orracishave been trying. Could we get an exact name/IP please!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Connor said:

Can't seem to find the Server on Apex Browser or in-game. Could we get an exact name/IP please!

5.9.23.136:2802

VETERANS-GAMING | Prairie Fire DLC | TS3.VETERANS-GAMING.COM 

*EDIT:  I found the mistake... had not chosen the correct command line. Try again to find it in about a minute

• Thanks 1

Uploading files to the server now, it will take awhile -- 78 files done, 128 to go... it's a big one, 25GB of files total.  After this, I'll set it all up and (fingers crossed) all will be well. Got some direct support from 160thCptHawk, so huge thanks there.

Again, I'll post up when it's good ... thought it would take a little while, seems it's gonna take a couple hours.  This is what they did, and they got their server working, so I got high hopes here.

:hi: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1