Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Arma 3 BIG SALE RIGHT NOW!

=VG= Connor

Hey guys! If any of you have been wanting to grab Arma 3 and want to play with us lads, now is a GREAT time. We do events very often and we would love for more players to come along!
I HIGHLY recommend you purchase the Arma 3 Apex EditionIt will get you set for our events and make everything MUCH easier when setting up mods.

If you have a little spare dough, then grab the new DLC - S.O.G PRAIRIE FIRE It's amazing! Hope to see you out there!
image.thumb.png.b013a12b5d33ac945946b4fafd2853b9.png
SALE ENDS -13th MAY (6 DAYS)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Connor said:

I HIGHLY recommend you purchase the Arma 3 Apex EditionIt will get you set for our events and make everything MUCH easier when setting up mods.

Also highly recommend APEX to anyone who reads this... A3 without APEX is just an A3 program waiting for you to eventually purchase APEX ;)

• VG Seal of Approval 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LangMaster said:

So i managed to found bunch of cases from csgo in my inventory, and they somehow went for couple of euros so i am going to sell them and buy this shit for free, bro check your inventories on steam i didn't know these things go for so high what in the hell.

I struggle to find the relevency to this post lol.

Just now, Connor said:

I struggle to find the relevency to this post lol.

Nah i am just trying to not spend too much money into games anymore, i have spent way too much stuff over my life that i am thinking i have an addiction to be buying in game content, so i am just trying a way around it to sell stuff in my steam inventory to get some euros, which actually worked.

21 hours ago, LangMaster said:

i am on ledge, i haven't played arma 3 in ages i don't know how it's played neither what in the hell am i supposed to do there.

This was me in 2011... I had owned Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead for several years, but never quite knew how to play it, and the few servers I joined online felt like vast empty wastelands even with players online.  Had no idea how to "squad up", had no idea I was joining "bad" servers, and no clue what the game "could" do when used in a well designed mission run on a good server with many communicative soldiers playing as a squad or platoon.  Then Raven800 (my regular squad leader and/or CAS gunner in VG PR COOP) suggested we try out a an A2 mission called "Insurgency" ... that was the start of it all, and a greatly popular server at VG for years, too.

It is a milsim, things slow right the fuck down compared to PR, and compared to standard military FPS like COD we'd already say that PR slows right the fuck down from that.

But it's very realistic, the models are beautiful and scale depending on your PC (can go up quite high on expensive gear, picture perfect at times).  The modability means that "anything is possible" within reason, and there are systems that very well model real life counterparts better than any game, right down to how slow it is to actually make decisions like getting into or out of vehicles, or access gear from one's inventory, or even use a radio to dial up a specific squad/group.

The artificial intelligence is the real joy here, bots can be smart and not just 'OP headshot accurate' ... I've been flanked, smoked out, naded, and stalked.  It all depends on the mission design and the care taken by its designer on how they operate, but even 'vanilla' Arma 3 bots are not pushovers.

WORTH IT!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

I've been flanked, smoked out, naded, and stalked.  It all depends on the mission design and the care taken by its designer on how they operate, but even 'vanilla' Arma 3 bots are not pushovers.

This is good APEX for near free!

Tanoa Insurgency now in testing:

VETERANS-GAMING | Insurgency S.O.A.R. | TS3.VETERANS-GAMING.COM
IP:            5.9.23.136         Port:        2502
Players:      0/32

more info here: https://veterans-gaming.com/forums/topic/9801-insurgency-soar-arma-3/

Ask an admin if its not running!

• VG Spirit 1