Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

2 man locked Logi squad?

Golden

I vaguely remember this possibly being a topic of discussion some while back, I forget. However, I'm well aware of the 4 man min for squads in order to lock the squad, as well as the logi not being a claimable asset. 

I've been wanting to ask though, perhaps we could allow a Logi squad to lock at 2? An effective logistics squad, be it for FOBs and/or repairs, only needs a good Officer and Medic to occupy said Logi.

Be gentle.😑

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

It is a limitation of the game which forces us to make such rules.  There can only be so many squads, and we have discussed this one to death (perhaps not publicly) with regards to locked dedicated logistics squads and/or those with 2 squad members only.  You'll have to forgive the blunt "no" - it is as gentle as one could hope, given that we have been over this before and our hands are tied by both our goals and intentions for our COOP Server as well as the game engine itself (as mentioned, only so many squads can be made, and since player count is dynamic, we won't allow special rules when lower population because if/when it increases to higher population, it would be an imposition to then tell certain squads they must disband to allow for others to be created - and that's just one example of this can of worms getting spilled out everywhere).

Thank you for understanding.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Golden said:

I've been wanting to ask though, perhaps we could allow a Logi squad to lock at 2? An effective logistics squad, be it for FOBs and/or repairs, only needs a good Officer and Medic to occupy said Logi.

Yeah this can cause problems if it catches on, we'll run out of squads very quickly. I don't really see any advantage to having a dedicated Logi squad it causes major problems if one squad controls all logistics and the whole team is reliant on one squad to build fobs etc.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, =VG= Kavelenko said:

I don't really see any advantage to having a dedicated Logi squad it causes major problems if one squad controls all logistics and the whole team is reliant on one squad to build fobs etc.

If this is the situation, than yes it's a problem. However, given the nature of the most popular maps played on the server I feel that this shouldn't happen too often, as there are usually 2+ Logis or Trans available as alternative sources for boxes.

For those cases where supplies are being hogged or not productively distributed our admins should step in and moderate either by communicating or using admin commands.

@topic: Personally I wouldn't have a issue with 2 man locked squads if the job is being done. However I can see that it would be a loophole for some edgy players out there.

• Upvote 1

I definitely get where everyone is coming from on the matter, and @=VG= Acro1 and I had briefly discussed it last night. I agree that it would cause unnecessary confusion amongst the men and it would be a pain in the ass to have to sort squads, re-educate the noobs on the matter, etc.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...