Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Melting Snow PR Event

R-CON LangMaster

3 hours ago, =AMPHETAMINE= said:

I need a little help :)

Where to extract all this archives?

Thanks!

Binary has been testing it and said it crashes, so yeah i know it about the adak which i know the cause and is easy to fix not sure about the black gold tho. I am slightly lazy tho

On 4/28/2021 at 4:11 PM, LangMaster said:

Binary has been testing it and said it crashes, so yeah i know it about the adak which i know the cause and is easy to fix not sure about the black gold tho. I am slightly lazy tho

what else occurred to me: maybe it was my own fault for the crashes... i played with bots on both sides. can it be because of that? and i misused the bots in my team pretty much... ^^

1 minute ago, =VG= 0100011000101 said:

what else occurred to me: maybe it was my own fault for the crashes... i played with bots on both sides. can it be because of that? and i misused the bots in my team pretty much... ^^

The thing is adak was not really meant for bots on each side as making bots coming from carrier and tell them to use transport chopper is not very much possible, the only thing that was tested with bots on each side is black gold. and that run very well done actually, the thing is alot of stuff got renamed as you need a different name of the folder so it does not corrupt the original black gold, and you need to rename alot of stuff so it functions properly, which i think i have done right otherwise it would definitely did not start. i am gonna let the black gold run for couple of hours, and i need to fix the adak as there is a problem with nav mesh that is just too detailed sadly and game cannot handle my detailist me.

Made couple of changes, fixed uav on adak and tested black gold and adak once more on my pc, black gold seems to run absolutely fine tho adak is still crashing due to the large size of navmesh that i am trying to cut down, so back to the drawing board.

On 4/27/2021 at 7:19 PM, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

If or whenever you are ready, I'd be happy to give you access to the VG PR COOP Event Server for you to run your tests.  You'd upload missions through TCAdmin web browser based control panel which provides access to the levels folder, and then you'd adjust the maplist.con as needed yourself cuz I'm a lazy fuck and not gonna do your work for you 😜 lol.  Server would be behind a password, of course, and we'd ask that you run tests which have time/duration announced here on the website (can't leave it online 24/7).  *Tests don't need to be announced with a full week or two advance notice as we recommend for standard gaming events, you can literally just use this thread or the chatbox on the front page to announce a new test period anytime, even multiple times in one day for more than one test.

Let me know! We're all behind you! :drinks:   

I need your magic hands, i would like to test it in the server.

• Upvote 1

I need some testing subjects for 8 May which is tomorrow (i can't wait man) well for some of us actually today, it will be i am sure at 20:00 ZULU (please yell in the comments if you need a time change,).

PASSWORD: I will tell you later on.

It's nothing official i just need couple of people but it can be more than couple, i am just hoping nothing is gonna crash as it seems to work in local.
The thing is i have no idea how hard or easy it's gonna be or even if it's gonna run.
Spread the word. tell others in pr if they wanna play.

Please download needed map files from the first post, if you need to know where to put them i am sure i posted the exact directory and screens how it should look.

• VG Spirit 1

• R-CON LangMaster changed the title to Melting Snow PR Event TEST UP 8 MAY 20:00 ZULU

Thanks everyone to their hours spent in the testing, i am sure i have got enough data now to make some changes and tweaks, the good thing is that we were running adak absolutely fine, and i can tell that to the pr devs hopefully pushing them to make it official, i am gonna make another event more public with one more map and with way more many people.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LangMaster said:

Thanks everyone to their hours spent in the testing, i am sure i have got enough data now to make some changes and tweaks, the good thing is that we were running adak absolutely fine, and i can tell that to the pr devs hopefully pushing them to make it official, i am gonna make another event more public with one more map and with way more many people.

Wish i coulda played more but it all looks awesome and i hope the devs come through for you

Adak was so good i really like that snow effect at the first flag, I feel having an attack helicopter like the Z-10 or whatever the have beside one jet will be better because the jet is kinda hard to land, we only managed to get refinery because we were only four dudes that time, so that's all of what i got for this map.
black gold was so normal for me like any other layers.
I hope we get more players next time.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BlackY_ said:

Adak was so good i really like that snow effect at the first flag, I feel having an attack helicopter like the Z-10 or whatever the have beside one jet will be better because the jet is kinda hard to land, we only managed to get refinery because we were only four dudes that time, so that's all of what i got for this map.
black gold was so normal for me like any other layers.
I hope we get more players next time.

Both jets were removed for 2 attack helicopters, Z9s, added WZ550 to a spawn next to the repair station after radar, and Factory has a new delayed repair station after being capped, since people usually died before they even got to the repair station over the rocky terrain.