Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Melting Snow PR Event

R-CON LangMaster

Ah0RVC0.png

I need some testing subjects for 8 May which is tomorrow (i can't wait man) well for some of us actually today, it will be i am sure at 20:00 ZULU (please yell in the comments if you need a time change,).

PASSWORD: event test over

It's nothing official i just need couple of people but it can be more than couple, i am just hoping nothing is gonna crash as it seems to work in local.
The thing is i have no idea how hard or easy it's gonna be or even if it's gonna run.
Spread the word. tell others in pr if they wanna play.

Please download needed map files from the first post, if you need to know where to put them i am sure i posted the exact directory and screens how it should look.

BLACK GOLD

DOWNLOAD ONLY ONE OF THESE, DEPENDS IF YOU HAVE ZIP OR WINRAR

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1--d9pnPpKgdQwJ3l-_ayaDH2GGWhUI9E/view?usp=sharing RAR 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tXZDtef48q856qB12wZbT5_esWj-FjKB/view?usp=sharing ZIP

ymGaKjZ.png

ADAK - BETA

DOWNLOAD ONLY ONE OF THESE, DEPENDS IF YOU HAVE ZIP OR WINRAR

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mNxDkPeHDQkpGGnwHSfJ_bGB0ONUVuXv/view?usp=sharing RAR
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_7jQkMN34jz7ounkydbAgCFT0PLvYbzQ/view?usp=sharing ZIP

qYplM9J.png

• Like 6
  • VG Spirit 2
  • Upvote 3

Just tried it out, a few of my thoughts...

Blackgold is generally fine, asset's are slightly unbalanced & u need to spread out vehicles across flags so bots don't have to walk everywhere but fine for the most part.

As for Adak, well....

• Carrier spawn missing for bots, so either add bot only - spawn on vehicle only spawn points on carrier, see jabal for how to do that, or have radar owned by chinese on start so they have somewhere to spawn on, as otherwise the only way to get them to spawn is for a player to go to the mainland and join each squad to take lead for a moment to give them somewhere to spawn, a similar problem exists on soul rebel though, It's a fairly uncommon mistake, hence why you need to always at least play test at least one round from either side before you publish.
  • Again bots walk everywhere because vehicles are concentrated at main, so have a few transport vehicles linked to CP's so bots don't have to walk everywhere.
  • There's something wrong with navmesh, sure bots walk fine through it, but vehicles are a different story, so normally when a bot encounters a vehicle, it either attempts to take it or enter as a passenger or worst case, just go around it because bots cant enter said vehicle, more often than not however bots act as though the vehicle isn't even there and simply get stuck in a walking animation behind it i.e either vehicle doesn't support bots in which case u should swap it out or navmesh is borked, so validate your navmesh & assets for Inf, Vehicles, Aircraft(i.e do they enter,  dismount, stay in combat area,...)
  • Balancing is also a big issue, asset placement is oddly saturated, again making bots walk everywhere and hardly using vehicles as there are far too few spawn in vehicle spawn points.

Generally a pretty good attempt, but I suggest you do in game playtests, boring and repetitive  though it may be, a thorough playtest helps you avoid everything I pointed out and then some, enable ai debug 'aiDebug.draw 1' & 'aiSettings.setStatsViewDistance 150' in aidefaults.ai to evaluate ai behaviour, enable  'rcon debug' and do  'rcon fastcap' to validate all CP's work as intended with CP's being capped fairly quickly for debug, and maybe spawn a few vehicles next to bots to see how they behave

tldr; playtest ;)

• VG Spirit 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, X0R said:

Just tried it out, a few of my thoughts...

Blackgold is generally fine, asset's are slightly unbalanced & u need to spread out vehicles across flags so bots don't have to walk everywhere but fine for the most part.

As for Adak, well....

• Carrier spawn missing for bots, so either add bot only - spawn on vehicle only spawn points on carrier, see jabal for how to do that, or have radar owned by chinese on start so they have somewhere to spawn on, as otherwise the only way to get them to spawn is for a player to go to the mainland and join each squad to take lead for a moment to give them somewhere to spawn, a similar problem exists on soul rebel though, It's a fairly uncommon mistake, hence why you need to always at least play test at least one round from either side before you publish.
  • Again bots walk everywhere because vehicles are concentrated at main, so have a few transport vehicles linked to CP's so bots don't have to walk everywhere.
  • There's something wrong with navmesh, sure bots walk fine through it, but vehicles are a different story, so normally when a bot encounters a vehicle, it either attempts to take it or enter as a passenger or worst case, just go around it because bots cant enter said vehicle, more often than not however bots act as though the vehicle isn't even there and simply get stuck in a walking animation behind it i.e either vehicle doesn't support bots in which case u should swap it out or navmesh is borked, so validate your navmesh & assets for Inf, Vehicles, Aircraft(i.e do they enter,  dismount, stay in combat area,...)
  • Balancing is also a big issue, asset placement is oddly saturated, again making bots walk everywhere and hardly using vehicles as there are far too few spawn in vehicle spawn points.

Generally a pretty good attempt, but I suggest you do in game playtests, boring and repetitive  though it may be, a thorough playtest helps you avoid everything I pointed out and then some, enable ai debug 'aiDebug.draw 1' & 'aiSettings.setStatsViewDistance 150' in aidefaults.ai to evaluate ai behaviour, enable  'rcon debug' and do  'rcon fastcap' to validate all CP's work as intended with CP's being capped fairly quickly for debug, and maybe spawn a few vehicles next to bots to see how they behave

tldr; playtest ;)

Chinese is bluefor, there is no need for bot spawns. Radar point is just for giving time for bots, weirdly the vehicles work for me absolutely fine, but as i said us dont have many single seat vehicles actually.

6 minutes ago, LangMaster said:

Chinese is bluefor, there is no need for bot spawns.

It's generally a good habit to get into to make coop maps playable from both sides, as only then do you see any underlying problems if there are any, matter of personal preference AND principle though.

Radar point is just for giving time for bots

Uhhh,  if you intend team 2 to be player only(which imho is iffy), then just give bots the flag from the get go, and place emplacements, and tie everything spawned on the beach to the radar cp, so it won't spawn otherwise.

the vehicles are tied to the radar cp and are gonna spawn once it is captured, only light vehicles are tied to the carrier it self point.

same like masirah
also radar is a rocky place and requires very detailed navmesh which cost me a lot of triangles sadly,  i had to cut it down alot, 

• Like 1

I gotta do further testing tho, the black gold large should run absolutely fine but there are tweaks that i need to still change on adak, i've let it run for couple of hours today and it crashed on me which did not happen last time,

edit: yep i got it should be an easy fix :)
bAUeHHl.png

3 minutes ago, LangMaster said:

Man that is nuts, i should have used that it fits more for both of the maps.

feel free to use it, the quicker the map got tested, the quicker we'll be able to play it, hopefully the image will attract more attention towards the project, more maps = more fun, that's the least i can do to help, win-win  :D

the resolution is a bit on the lower side because i couldn't find better image during my quick search that would still fit for the purpose and context, and one that would require minimal effort

in summary
MOAR MAPS PLZ

• Like 1

1 minute ago, =VG= 0100011000101 said:

on adak it was during taking the second flag. Radar was taken and factory was at least neutral... at lback gold sometime after leaving the first flag.

loading was fine.

oh alrighty that is something i can work with now.

4 hours ago, LangMaster said:

oh alrighty that is something i can work with now.

If or whenever you are ready, I'd be happy to give you access to the VG PR COOP Event Server for you to run your tests.  You'd upload missions through TCAdmin web browser based control panel which provides access to the levels folder, and then you'd adjust the maplist.con as needed yourself cuz I'm a lazy fuck and not gonna do your work for you 😜 lol.  Server would be behind a password, of course, and we'd ask that you run tests which have time/duration announced here on the website (can't leave it online 24/7).  *Tests don't need to be announced with a full week or two advance notice as we recommend for standard gaming events, you can literally just use this thread or the chatbox on the front page to announce a new test period anytime, even multiple times in one day for more than one test.

Let me know! We're all behind you! :drinks:   

• VG Spirit 1

5 minutes ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

If or whenever you are ready, I'd be happy to give you access to the VG PR COOP Event Server for you to run your tests.  You'd upload missions through TCAdmin web browser based control panel which provides access to the levels folder, and then you'd adjust the maplist.con as needed yourself cuz I'm a lazy fuck and not gonna do your work for you 😜 lol.  Server would be behind a password, of course, and we'd ask that you run tests which have time/duration announced here on the website (can't leave it online 24/7).  *Tests don't need to be announced with a full week or two advance notice as we recommend for standard gaming events, you can literally just use this thread or the chatbox on the front page to announce a new test period anytime, even multiple times in one day for more than one test.

Let me know! We're all behind you! :drinks:   

I am gonna get some talk first, and try to realize what could be causing it as i have a bit no clue yet as i am usually just reverse engineering other coop maps, so give me time for now, i know adak crashes cause of big navmesh that i made so i need to made that more slick, not sure about the black gold large tho i have been testing that solo and it never crashed on me which is a weird one.

I am gonna get some talk first, and try to realize what could be causing it as i have a bit no clue yet as i am usually just reverse engineering other coop maps, so give me time for now, i know adak crashes cause of big navmesh that i made so i need to made that more slick, not sure about the black gold large tho i have been testing that solo and it never crashed on me which is a weird one.

Well, let me know.  No one is actively using the VG Event Server daily and you could have a better learning environment (even if just joining the server yourself to see if something works, then shutting it down again and tinkering with code and navmesh).  Sometimes the final things like running a mission/game in a dedicated environment vs a local environment can present their own set of challenges, and we're happy to provide the tools for you to finalize your work and learn the end parts of map/mission building.

Of course, if any of our team had a PR Event to host, we'd have to put your work in a side folder for a Saturday (and possibly a few days in the week prior for that event mission testing) but as I said, activity on that server is not 24/7 so you could make use of it the rest of the time to tinker and learn.

Also, @LangMaster join the VG Army already, geez!  You look naked without Enlisted tags, you've been a friendly regular here for a very long time and we'd love it if you started down the path towards membership groups, even if you didn't want to be part of the VG Clan we still like that we can recognize our long time trusted regulars with the Officers Group membership role, and joining the VG Army (and the Enlisted Group) is the first step towards that.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

Well, let me know.  No one is actively using the VG Event Server daily and you could have a better learning environment (even if just joining the server yourself to see if something works, then shutting it down again and tinkering with code and navmesh).  Sometimes the final things like running a mission/game in a dedicated environment vs a local environment can present their own set of challenges, and we're happy to provide the tools for you to finalize your work and learn the end parts of map/mission building.

Of course, if any of our team had a PR Event to host, we'd have to put your work in a side folder for a Saturday (and possibly a few days in the week prior for that event mission testing) but as I said, activity on that server is not 24/7 so you could make use of it the rest of the time to tinker and learn.

Also, @LangMaster join the VG Army already, geez!  You look naked without Enlisted tags, you've been a friendly regular here for a very long time and we'd love it if you started down the path towards membership groups, even if you didn't want to be part of the VG Clan we still like that we can recognize our long time trusted regulars with the Officers Group membership role, and joining the VG Army (and the Enlisted Group) is the first step towards that.

Yeah the adak is a bit scary as it is a new 4 by 4 km map and there can be alot of issues even the map it self can be actually faulty and be crashing which is no bueno and making a coop support on it was actually a huge leap for me but i learned alot and as i can say i can easily make a coop support for basically anything, the main thing is that is crashes in game and not in loading which is actually way better than crashing in loading screen in the terms of editing.

Also thanks for the information, i didn't know exactly what are the steps of making it's way up to VG army, at first i thought it requires some knowledge of people around and being active and doing an application which i was quickly moved out from making me question why is there even an application forum topic in the first place.
Anyways i have never been in any kind of clan like that possibly in games obviously but having a community on the forums and get to knowing people over teamspeak and stuff is much more bigger than just that, so yes i will check it out, i will try getting that VG thingy in front of my name.

14 minutes ago, LangMaster said:

Also thanks for the information, i didn't know exactly what are the steps of making it's way up to VG army...

lol - no worries!  It's all brand new and we're still working out all the promo info to make sure everything is clear.  That's on me, and I have much work to do.

Basic rundown:  VG Army (and VG Air Force) are open public clubs that anyone can freely join. Known members or those who post up a short into to let us know who they are are given the "Member - Enlisted" group, functionally not much different that standard "Member" group, but first step to further membership roles.

This one section of the VG Wiki on the topic spells it out nicely:
https://veterans-gaming.com/wiki/information/vgclan/advancement/#Member Groups

:hi: 

(just don't worry about the applications at this time)