Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

If you use Logitech Wireless Keyboard or Mouse, please read this article !!

malpaso

Logitech Wireless USB Receiver Can Open Logitech's Unlock USB Keyboard, Security Unlock, Logitech USB Unifying, Logitech Mouse Unlockable, Logitech Mouse Keyboard could break open for hackers, MouseJack, Logitech USB Unifying be vulnerable to MouseJack, Logitech USB Unifying MouseJack, Keystroke, Keylogger, logitech firmware upgrade, logitech wireless keyboard, wireless logitech mouse

If you buy a Logitech wireless keyboard or mouse, it comes with a wireless USB receiver that lets you connect your device to your computer, which comes in handy if your computer does not support Bluetooth. We probably don’t give the dongle too much thought, but it seems that you definitely should.

This is because according to a report from The Verge, Logitech’s wireless dongles are being shipped with a vulnerability that could make them susceptible to a hack. This is not new as it was an issue that was reported back in 2016 where it was known as “MouseJack”. Logitech had issued a patch to fix it, but The Verge has discovered that even today’s Logitech products are still being shipped with a dongle that has yet to be patched.

It should be noted that Logitech’s products aren’t the only ones potentially affected by this security flaw, and that other wireless products from the likes of Dell, HP, Lenovo, and Microsoft that use the same chipsets and firmware are susceptible too. The upside is that Logitech allows users to update the firmware, which is a good thing.

The solution is simple, download and install as soon as possible the firmware update to protect yourself. Both the Mac and Windows versions are available at https: //support.logi.com/hc/en-us/com

Take Care !!

malpaso

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well, dongle and keyboard / mouse must have a connection and you can attack them. Usually these are secure connections but often you have weak spots to attack.
however, these connections are not vulnerable from the net ... so you have to be with a mouse or a keylogger near your receiver...

Why would you use a wireless keyboard or mouse? Are there any real benefits? Just I'm saying. I mean you are in the middle of a fierce match. Suddenly Billy Ocean steps in and starts singing. 

No what I really mean is SUDDENLY your batteries die and there you are. Crawling on the floor trying find spare batteries. Now you remember the Chinese shop five minutes away and you have to walk there. Brrrr.. Outside where real humans live. And ... THERE... Might ... Be women there. 

No no no no no...

I like the cables keep me connected.

• Upvote 3

Who still uses non-rechargeable batteries?!  Chinese shop ;) lol

Wired FTW, but for anything that takes 2 AA's like the wireless X-Box controller, it's not hard to figure out: They sell rechargeable AA's in a 4-pack, ya keep the other two charged up so when it starts flashing LOW mid-game, you can quickly swap them at the next opportunity (not easy during a race, I hate it..).  But it's the price to pay for getting a little less wired for a few controllers.

They don't make wired Oculus Touch controllers.... just sayin'  :tatice_03:

• Upvote 2

I think you are both right.

on a cinema server or when djing in front of the audience, I would never take a wireless mouse. either the batteries are empty or the radio is disturbed ... at home that's different. I actually always have batteries. but I also have a wired keyboard and mouse (both usb and ps / 2) for diagnostic purposes. So if I'm running out of batteries, I have to plug a cable ...

i used to stand on the same point as jersens just what headphones and micros concerned. The sound was just worse, there was a latency and something was constantly disturbed. meanwhile it works but I still prefer to use cable in the audio section, but I can understand anyone who prefers to operate his bose dolby atmos home sound system rather than 8mm gold cable. otherwise you spend more money for cable than for the system ^ ^

so for the home area that is often ok, especially if you are on all these promotional keywords but in the professional field is nothing about cable or you spend a few thousand more on money...

But do not get me wrong ... I do not mean gold hdmi cables or golden fuses or such a nonsense.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Cosmic-Audio-Lautsprecherkabel-Ref-X-2-fur-lange-Distanzen-2x5m-HighendKabel/123369444066?hash=item1cb96452e2:g:8JYAAOSwTuJYqp1N

if they sound better than 2.5mm standard cable, go to the doctor ;p

For those here who don't know, Gold is bad... Great for space shuttles and fighter jets and CPU and tiny integrated circuit chips, and everywhere else it's just a bullshit marketing gimmick.  Plenty of vids exposing the bs of "gold plated" connections, etc. on so called "performance grade" consumer electronics cables.

Fun fact:  See those 4 lines on the white thing? Those are the connections.... See the big golden metal square things that hold it?  They are holders, and not to get all science-y, but they conduct exactly zero signal or connection or current or voltage or ground.   But if you put this cable side by side with a silver/steel colored end, the gold one will sell at nearly twice the price, while the other collects dust, because...gold.

5set-DIY-4-in-1-gold-plated-USB-2-0-Type

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The only benefit golden connectors have is making your wallet lighter. :) 

@topic:

As a thumb rule: Everything that connects your PC to anything is a potential security risk. USB, WiFi, Bluetooth, Serial Ports, S-ATA, Ethernet Port, ...

All you can do is follow common sense and keep your drivers and anti virus up-to-date and keep an off site backup of docs and pics. Cryptolockers are nasty stuff...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jersans said:

So I am safe. 

unfortunately not ... "safe" is nobody. you can only minimize the danger. and you should always backup your data and keep it somewhere else. Unless you have no private data ...

I have almost 10 TB of data. once directly on a computer that is not permanently on the net and once on external hard drives that are at work. So even if my apartment burns down, at least I still have this data ...

I am a ninja

7 minutes ago, 0100011000101 said:

unfortunately not ... "safe" is nobody. you can only minimize the danger. and you should always backup your data and keep it somewhere else. Unless you have no private data ...

I have almost 10 TB of data. once directly on a computer that is not permanently on the net and once on external hard drives that are at work. So even if my apartment burns down, at least I still have this data ...

offlineninja? ;p

only a few people are thinking about something like that. but if msn.com for 10 seconds has a contaminated advertising banner on the side and you were exactly at this time on the page, you got a problem...

• Upvote 1