Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

Loitering

Smokes254

Greetings to  =VG= Staff, I have been wanting to fly Falcon on your servers but I had one small question. If I join the teamspeak server and are on IVC, like the FO server is it ok to join the server and kind of loiter for a little while frag a flight then fly and just kind of hang out in the 2D UI screen while connected ??  That's one thing that's prevented me from joining per say because if the war is in real time, I want to be able to track the war constantly and always be connected in case I want to frag a flight based on the circumstances of the air or ground war.

I thank you for having a BMS server for us to fly on in the absence of FO.  I hope this is okay and don't want to offend by any means.

• Like 1

I'm not exactly sure if it would cause issues, but you could try it out for a while and we could see.  If it causes any problems, we can discuss this again at that time.  The campaign file could really use some attention and tweaking, so I'll be getting into that, and if you're regularly watching the server, I'll make sure you know when I'm taking it down or restarting to Day 1.  I'll also get a more realistic custom weather model as we had before in 4.33 eventually, I've just been spinning plates with too many things to do at VG lately, plus my own projects and goals, and a little free time too. 

Finally, if it's ever down, you can feel free to post up in the forums here, in the chatbox on the home page, or message me personally.  I intend to find other VG members here to learn how to restart it, but for right now, I'm the only active member who has access and can restart it if it crashes.  Don't be shy - I don't mind taking a break from whatever to start it back up if it crashes.  Cheers!

:hi:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

I'm not exactly sure if it would cause issues, but you could try it out for a while and we could see.  If it causes any problems, we can discuss this again at that time.  The campaign file could really use some attention and tweaking, so I'll be getting into that, and if you're regularly watching the server, I'll make sure you know when I'm taking it down or restarting to Day 1.  I'll also get a more realistic custom weather model as we had before in 4.33 eventually, I've just been spinning plates with too many things to do at VG lately, plus my own projects and goals, and a little free time too. 

Finally, if it's ever down, you can feel free to post up in the forums here, in the chatbox on the home page, or message me personally.  I intend to find other VG members here to learn how to restart it, but for right now, I'm the only active member who has access and can restart it if it crashes.  Don't be shy - I don't mind taking a break from whatever to start it back up if it crashes.  Cheers!

:hi:

AWESOME !!!!! Starting tomorrow I'll be going back to work but I won't have it running until I get home. Thank you for your permission to do this, I am grateful.