Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR VG-COOP attempt to debug the CAS out of map issue

TempAssistant

Gentlemen,

As an experienced software developer with a little bit of free time at the moment I would like to try and debug the CAS issue of the VG COOP server. I am referring to the problem occurring when CAS leaves the map causing the server to crash.

Would you share the server Python code or a source repository so I could take a look into it?

If any of the developers can also give me guidance as to previous attempts to solve the issue so I can take that into consideration as well as server error logs, etc.

@Double_13@=VG= Kavelenko

I'm looking forwards to your response.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Sorry, the answer is no. Apply to the development team, perhaps they will let you be a contributor like Double.  AFAIK that is the only way to get access to the source code and server files that are not available to the general public without application.

We don't have any say over that here, wrong website. No worries.

Best wishes and good luck! That bug is quite the nuisance.

:drinks:

• Upvote 1

@=VG= SemlerPDXCould you give me contact details or URL for the PR devs? Also I do need access to the specific changes made on the VG COOP server. It is likely that some of the customisations are causing it.

Theoretically I have access to the server code as I do have a server license, but I need access to the exact code VG COOP is running.

5 hours ago, TempAssistant said:

It is likely that some of the customisations are causing it.

Noop.  Sorry.  This was proven quite some time ago.  It's in the code itself.  Seems to need a fair number of people over the course of a map or few to make it happen, to get a map running that will have the bug happening.  But it requires no editing or changing of any config files (unless adding the name we use and the IP and the number of players for a COOP match, with all COOP map maplist is what you would call customizations).

Our clean run tests did knock at least that much out, can't blame freshly downloaded and installed files with no changes except a server license key and a name/MODT & basic COOP setup.  That's all you need to reproduce this..... and a server that remains populated throughout the day for days/weeks on end, on a Windows server that rarely goes down.  Not that uptime is a factor, just noted it in case trying to duplicate an environment.

Again, best wishes and good luck to you - it is not something that anyone wants to persist.  But we don't hold the keys to the kingdom, we aren't the cause/reason, and for our COOP team here,  we do promote from within.  I do hope you don't get discouraged if it's difficult to get working with the PR Dev team on the issue coming in from the outside without PR Mod coding experience already.  Keep at it!  Cheers!
:hi:

• Upvote 1

I heared it happens only on our server and other server run well ....

... but why the other server admins dont share their knowledge on the PR site so everyone can setup a coop server to play coop where he want to play it without the mapcrashs?

Thanks for your efforts Temp Assistent but i would ask SSG (only as excample) what kind of settings they use because they have the FIXED PUBLIC COOP SERVER in their name so i would ask them if they have modified any files that belongs to the OutofBounds crashs or ask the other coop server admins what they do because we are the only ones the get this servercrash.

When you find a working layout/setting or the rootcause of this bug ,please post it up in the Project Reality forums

NORTH, SOUTH, EAST, WEST?

Have you any information for us about a special settings that belongs to the map edge crashes OutofBounds?

As I got tagged I guess I write a reply.

According to the bug report ticket of PR (Redmine) the issue involves air units (cas/trans) exiting the map on the south side within coop gamemode.

As this bug persists only on a very few coop servers the issue is not further investigated until after 1.6

while it may appear to nearly always crashes on VG one does have to take into account it is the most populated server and such can have a higher crash ratio than other servers, this as more tasks are been ran at the same time due to more pop.

Some infos could be usefull:

More than a month ago, i was testing this in empty coop servers (including empty coop VG server) and the result was that only VG coop server was crashing when air asset goes out of south side of the map.

Number of servers tested (including VG one): 6

It would be nice to fix this, thank you TempAssistant.

8 hours ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

we are the only ones the get this servercrash.

Noop. Sorry.  Please take any further discussion to the relevant bug report thread on the PR Mod website, that is where the love is needed, where multiple groups can contribute to the same discussion.  And note the quote, too, please because what's needed to be said has been said.  It's a sad situation, would love if it was fixed, and no one here is preventing that.

21 hours ago, =VG= SemlerPDX said:

Noop.  Sorry.  This was proven quite some time ago.  It's in the code itself.  Seems to need a fair number of people over the course of a map or few to make it happen, to get a map running that will have the bug happening.  But it requires no editing or changing of any config files (unless adding the name we use and the IP and the number of players for a COOP match, with all COOP map maplist is what you would call customizations).

Our clean run tests did knock at least that much out, can't blame freshly downloaded and installed files with no changes except a server license key and a name/MODT & basic COOP setup.  That's all you need to reproduce this..... and a server that remains populated throughout the day for days/weeks on end, on a Windows server that rarely goes down.  Not that uptime is a factor, just noted it in case trying to duplicate an environment.

Again, best wishes and good luck to you - it is not something that anyone wants to persist.  But we don't hold the keys to the kingdom, we aren't the cause/reason, and for our COOP team here,  we do promote from within.  I do hope you don't get discouraged if it's difficult to get working with the PR Dev team on the issue coming in from the outside without PR Mod coding experience already.  Keep at it!  Cheers!
:hi: