Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

two users 1 network playing on the server not working

realCarlo4SPP

So i wanted to play PR on VG w/ my bro and we are on the same network. We logged on in the game went  in coop and tied joining the server. It said cd key not valid, we tried changeing the keys to later relise when it didn't work that the game doesn't support 1+ people on the same network. Can somebody help us. Unfortunaty VG (our favourite seerver) doesn't support VPN. HELP

42 minutes ago, realCarlo4SPP said:

Unfortunaty VG (our favourite seerver) doesn't support VPN

this statement is nonsense. a vpn does not need to be supported ... and many of our players use vpns to play pr.
you probably have the same problem with your vpn as without it.
look at google for your router and the word "NAT".
where should your router or PR know which computer is for which player? you have the same IP on the outside. you have to set up forwarding in your router. a VPN will not help at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, realCarlo4SPP said:

So i wanted to play PR on VG w/ my bro and we are on the same network. We logged on in the game went  in coop and tied joining the server. It said cd key not valid, we tried changeing the keys to later relise when it didn't work that the game doesn't support 1+ people on the same network. Can somebody help us. Unfortunaty VG (our favourite seerver) doesn't support VPN. HELP

From what i know you don t need to change any cd key to play pr as it is standalone( you dont need bf2 to play it). 

This may help you: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146983

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, .Blizzard. said:

From what i know you don t need to change any cd key to play pr as it is standalone( you dont need bf2 to play it). 

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146983

I think that's another problem. a new installation will not help. pr just does not know how to deal with the data. there is one external ip that connects with pr .... if there are two machines hanging behind someone has to explain which data goes to which computer. the pr server sees only that there is an ip with two keys and naturally rejects one of both.
Nat would have to help keep the computers apart. if the keys-problem then continues it would help to put one computer in a vpn that gets its external ip somewhere else.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

Get wired for gaming for sure!
Your ping on the posted test is 167 Ms to a server only 100 mi away. Sounds very high.If ping in game varys from 36 to 51 I'd bet it wasn't consistent, the spike is what trips the disconnect. I think PB-B is what does it. Have you tried:

Typing this line in your in the BF2 console (default ~) when you join a server: pb_sleep 500
More information about pb_sleep command found here: Punkbuster BF2 Information

Port Forwarding just lets you open ports for selected PCs or an ip address range on your network. If it's just you and other gamers on your network then it's not going to be a problem to have the ports open for everyone. However if your parents use the network then I would suggest doing it( opening ports only for the gaming PCs on the network) for the added security. The hide you save could be your own.

Make sure these ports are open on your router (my router 'D-link Gamers lounge' auto opens these ports for BF2)

TCP

UDP
1500 - 4999,

Not sure what ports (TCP/UDP)
port for PnkBstrA = 44301
port for PnkBstrB = 45301
should be, so opened for both

Good luck

out of:

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63876

search for the manual of your router and look there for NAT and forwarding. this looks a little bit different in every router.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

sv.allowNATNegotiation 0

That's is a line from the serversettings.con

I'm a noob in such things but isn't that needed to turn NAT on (1) ???

I think you need that for nat on server-side, but maybe I'm wrong... at least we have users with IP address overlaps.

2 hours ago, MasCree said:

Port Forwarding doesn't work... :mellow:

so try nat; p
Nat and forwarding are different things. on the most routers you find them in the same place, sometimes even in each other.

• Like 1

If you both can use the internet  at the same time via the same router for anything else. E.G. going on youtube.  Judging by you both being able to load into the PR main menu via online accounts together, you have NAT running fine. Most routers for home use will have it running and ISP doesn't give you the option to turn it off as they don't want to deal with customers breaking it.

On 7/3/2019 at 2:55 PM, realCarlo4SPP said:

cd key not valid

Game is giving a hugh hint as to what the issue most likely is. Go to; Support>Keys and make sure they are different. Might be better off posting here https://www.realitymod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27 as we can't produce fixes for CD Key problems.

• Upvote 3

Spoke to one the R-CONs about this issue and was told this

"Just wondering both of you play on a different (hardware) PC's and not on a VM (virtual Machine) based machine?

The CD key is generated from your hardware serial numbers and some other stuff. Each computer should therefor have a unique hash (CD key).
A VM based computer will not work due to this been blocked by PR to prevent people bypassing potential bans. 
Additionally it can also cause that both VM share the same CD key and thus not allowing them to both join the server simultaneously. 

If by any random luck you happen to have 2 computers with the same Hash (CD key) please contact the realitymod forums as they might be able to help you much further. 

The use of a VPN might additionally cause for issues as the PR master server started blocking VPN IP's as they where used for griefing.  

However the message "CD key invalid" and "CD key in use" only point to the CD key been the problem. It has nothing to do with your Ethernet settings. 
"

Do you get the same message when you both join any other PR servers together? 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, =VG= BinkleDinkle said:

Do you get the same message when you both join any other PR servers together? 

We can join different servers, but not the same server. We are using different machines (desktop and laptop). The first one to join the server can play, other one gets "CD-key not valid." message.

You probably used one or more accounts on both computers. 

An example:

Computer A accounts: alpha, bravo

Computer B accounts: bravo, charlie

even if you now go online with accounts Alpha and Charlie the master server saw a shared account named bravo. This causes your accounts to be marked and this prevents you from playing together.

Please contact R-DEV Mats (on realitymod.com) and he will remove the mark.
please include your Hash (CD key), Accountnames (both accounts used) and IP in the message (to mats) to speed up the process 

Please remove your account from the other PC as this would cause you to be marked again.