Website Updates and Upgrades are still underway! We don't expect any further downtime, but we thank you for your patience as we restore themes and other elements including the Chatbox.

PR Chopper-sound-bug

=VG= 0100011000101

I have a strange bug since yesterday ... if several choppers are near I hear the engine of one of them although nobody sits in it. it is always just one chopper, even if there are several standing around. if I get in and out for a second then everything is fine and the engine stops...

has anyone ever had something like that?

• Like 1

This game behaviour let you think that it has no clearing procedure at all:

- If your choper get hit by bmp it shakes before it explode, when you respawn, you wait for the same choper to spawn, get into it, it shakes for a second and only after that the game handle it like a new choper.

- When you lose connetion and come back to the server, you can not join any squad unless you spawn, does it think you just died ? Does it even know you left server ? Even your score still there (This part is welcome). (*)

- When loading next map it shows the right map but teams flags are from previous map.

- I have seen a tank firing without sound, not even bullets traces or hits, you just press fire and wait till you see enemy down, this was in muttrah infantry.

I think entities are not properly/completly restarted/cleared after death, wherever the meaning of death is destruction/kill or endround. Players, hand weapons and constructions entities look well handled (Exept for point (*) ) but the others (Assets, flags) needs to be improuved.

Cashing system needs to be improuved as well, some of them (specificly map flags "flags") need to be cleared after each endround, some others are good to stay (shaders "flags").

I'm looking forware to see the next version of PR BF2 running.

• Upvote 1

thanks for the answers and suggestions ...
does anyone know all the places where pr chached his data? So graficshader is clear but are there other folders or files? I do not want to reinstall because that's the only annoying bug next to the sl-bug ...

46 minutes ago, WarGhost said:

- When you lose connetion and come back to the server, you can not join any squad unless you spawn, does it think you just died ? Does it even know you left server ? Even your score still there (This part is welcome). (*)

I know from bf2 times that the server keeps your data a certain time just in case you are disconnected from the server.
at bf2 that was 5-10min. if you join another server during this time then your points were gone. I think that is similar and wanted at pr. and you can not go back into your sqd because you are really being treated as "dead". statistically, you also have one more dead.

51 minutes ago, WarGhost said:

- When loading next map it shows the right map but teams flags are from previous map.

what do you mean by that? the result of the last round is displayed for a very long time and only briefly the new map but that has something to do with the loading times of pr. At bf2 that made a bit more sense because the loading was very short. but at pr, the maps are much larger and I think that's why the timings not really work.

55 minutes ago, WarGhost said:

- I have seen a tank firing without sound, not even bullets traces or hits, you just press fire and wait till you see enemy down, this was in muttrah infantry.

I think that comes very close to my bug and has similar reasons.
tonight I'll change my soundsettings from hardware to software, eax on and off and change the sound quality. with a little luck, it will work because the chache will be renewed.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 0100011000101 said:

I have a strange bug since yesterday ... if several choppers are near I hear the engine of one of them although nobody sits in it. it is always just one chopper, even if there are several standing around. if I get in and out for a second then everything is fine and the engine stops...

Get the same feature appear every so often but getting in and out of the vehicle stops it.

1 hour ago, WarGhost said:

- When you lose connetion and come back to the server, you can not join any squad unless you spawn, does it think you just died ? Does it even know you left server ? Even your score still there (This part is welcome)

Leaving the server kills you. Hence the additional death on your score.

2 hours ago, WarGhost said:

Vehicle came with the Yagi Deathray upgrade. Can go back to normal if someone that can see ammo/tracers gets in the gunner seat and fires off a few rounds then reloads it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, WarGhost said:

PR have some problems with NetworkableInfos. NetworkableInfo is needed for excample if a turret moves/turns or weapon fire , each player can see that it moved/turned or fired.

Same for projectiles. 

AFAIK, R-Dev Arab working on the networkableInfos for projectiles and i think he get it fixed.

12 hours ago, CptHawk said:

I also don't see vehicle fires anymore and can somehow see vehicle damage smoke through buildings now...

As i worked on CoopInsurgency, i saw the vehicle exhaust somethimes also through the walls.

If you get the invisible groundsurface bug, you should reassign your screen resolutions like changes from 1920x1080 to another value and back. This should fix it. Maybe this will help you with the smokethroughwall bug.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, =VG= Fastjack said:

PR have some problems with NetworkableInfos

i did not know PR have problems with that, i have played and seen code of old game where community have added antilag routine in server side, they used behaviour extrapolation for few milliseconds (player move, last pressed key, bullets trajectory and so on) to predict and prevent players from laging when they have small lags (When laging time is less than extrapolation time).

The game was Wolfenstein 3D multiplayer.